No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahh. I know what those are for now. Been awhile since I've had to mess with them.
    1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

fan bolts? Heads look a bit fat to be those, but after a run of changing water pumps every 10k miles for a bit, I haven't touched one in quite some time now.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
        fan bolts? Heads look a bit fat to be those, but after a run of changing water pumps every 10k miles for a bit, I haven't touched one in quite some time now.
        uh Wahhhh.....

Your nuts look splendid.

So uh why you still toolin around with that slush box AOD. Aint trying if you aint rowing gears.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
        The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
        It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post

Your nuts look splendid.

Thats what she said...

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Yep fan bolts. At least that is what I had them labeled as. Lol

Slush box will stay until I tear it up on the street or I get bored of it or once I have all the parts to swap Over. It is on the list of things to do to the car

I painted my splendid nuts this morning before my flights. Will have pics tomorrow
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Here is everything painted:

And here is the final product of the transmission pan. Not what I had envisiouned. I wish I used better tape so nothing bled up underneath it. The paint is too tough to sand off. Would do too much damage in other areas if I tried. Good thing it is underneath the car...

And here are my oil pan reinforcements/rail stiffeners.

They came painted black but I will strip all that off because it was not a great job. I will be painting them aluminum.
              ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Can you use a fine paint brush (artist's brush) to touch up the letters???

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

It will just look worse. No way to get a clean finish with a brush as compared to a spray can. I will leave well enough alone.
                  ~David~

Comment

Painted my NOS Timing Pointer this morning!

Prepped with a red scotch brite, then cleaned up and ready for engine primer:

Primed:

Based in Engine Ford RED:

And engine cleared:

I also completely stripped the paint off a set of oil pan rails for my car. I purchased them on ebay and they came painted but poorly...plus not in the color I wanted.

Seller simply painted over the rust and peeling factory powder coat. lol

Wire wheel on the angle grinder made quick work of it all.

I painted that this morning as well in engine aluminum. Tough to tell though...

Picks to come once it is done baking in the boiler room at work.
                    ~David~

Comment

Pan rails and timing pointer!

~David~

Comment

Why would you buy an engine pointer when there's one on the car??????

Man you're going to be a stylin tranny.

I mean, your tranny will be stylin.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                        The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                        It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Because that one is not shiny and painted. Duh.

Oh and this NOS one came in a ford harmonic balancer kit that I picked up years back.
                          ~David~

Comment

Took my baby out of hibernation a few minutes ago. Popped on the new inspection sticker and I am good to go in the morning.

Looks just as good as the day I put her under her cover. No the car does not live in the garage but underneath a nice car cover in the backyard.

Anyways this is next.......

Gonna be fun!
                            ~David~

Comment

re-touching the "chrome" accents on the taillamps? I used those to do the chrome on the big reflector panel on the Towncar. Works good. Doesn't quite look like chrome, but its about as close as you'll get for not a lot of time or money. Looks fine from a foot away at any rate.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                                re-touching the "chrome" accents on the taillamps? I used those to do the chrome on the big reflector panel on the Towncar. Works good. Doesn't quite look like chrome, but its about as close as you'll get for not a lot of time or money. Looks fine from a foot away at any rate.
                                Close...Attempting to fill in the bumper moldings to make them look like the older cars. Zach gave me the idea...I just failed at it though see below......

Took her out for a cruise this morning and snapped a few pics near the water:

Then when I got back home I washed the bumper molding really well with brown royal wheel cleaner and was ready to paint them with the silver metallic sharpie oil paint pens.

Umm. Not happy. Lol I need A LOT more paint pens. Hardlly finished anything. Will revisit once I get more…much more.

Before:

After…in progress…still need more paint pens…FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuu

Will look good when completed. Just a major PITA!!!!

After that failed attempt I decided to pop on my NOS shift knob.. You can see the silver metallic paint on my hand still LOL

I removed the stock ones years ago (had to use a saw to remove it) and was running a HELP GM piece:

I like the stock one a bit more:

Naked:

And back to stock goodness once again. BTW that is a bitch to install. Rubber mallet and go to town and hope nothing breaks in the process.

~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X