No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just make sure that converter is fully on there, all 3 sets of splines engaged. It'll give you all manner of shit if its not all the way on. Usually the pump ends up breaking.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
      Thanks guys

Here is the new front bumper all shined up!

God damn, that's a nice bumper!

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by His Royal Ghostliness View Post
        Interesting way of propping the transmission up. The way I usually do it is reinstall the two frame braces (from under engine crossmember back to the frame corners where they like to rus under the four body mounts behind the front wheels), then lay a piece of 2x4 on top of them across the frame, and the bottom of the transmission bellhousings rests on that. It's pretty super stable that way, I just bounced an engineless car over some dirt road bumps and dips and everything stayed put.
        That sounds super stable. We had a piece of wood the perfect size so we just used it.

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
        Just make sure that converter is fully on there, all 3 sets of splines engaged. It'll give you all manner of shit if its not all the way on. Usually the pump ends up breaking.
        We made a measuring device and measure the old before removal and the new once spun and installed. They matched so all should be good.

Originally posted by slack View Post
        God damn, that's a nice bumper!
        Did you see the rear one?!
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

[QUOTE=87gtVIC;774681]

I wish someone would crop this up and make it an emoji on the forums.

Looks as happy as a 'brotha with a new set of "twenty eight inch chromies"

Can you bolt the rubber bumpers onto that? I really really want that style, but I want to maintain my rubber bumpers, just not the strips.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
          The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
          It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post

Looks as happy as a 'brotha with a new set of "twenty eight inch chromies"

Can you bolt the rubber bumpers onto that? I really really want that style, but I want to maintain my rubber bumpers, just not the strips.
            Font bumper Yes. Rear bumper no. No provisions on the rear for any bumper guard mountings.
            ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Like this? Not so sure it's quite right when so small...

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

lol.

Beautiful day out so dad and I banged out some work on the old girl.

First job was popping in the new motor mounts…Normally a BITCH of a job with the lower a arms in place. Dad had the perfect 3/8drive 13mm swivel socket that make quick work of the stubborn bolt above the a arm.

There is the socket on the hard bolt to get too:

Then the motor went in than I just started throwing bracketry on her:

The oil fill is kinda really close to this ac line. I guess it could have been worse. Funny I did not even think about this while popping the hole in the valve cover:

Some more beauty pics in progress:

And a boo-boo….

Shaved the skin right off on something. Never hurt and just seen it when I took the rubber gloves off.

And with her hood back on:

Still LOTS to do but getting there.
                ~David~

Comment

Wow, those some amazing shots of your work. It must have felt good to finally get the engine in place! It's funny how you can get cut, but there will be no damage to the glove, had that happen many times.
                  -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

That motor is so pretty.

Comment

There better be some burnouts being ripped sooner than later, I'm anticipating something good.

I really like that oil fill tube, where'd you get that? My shitty huge ass VCs need one of them.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                      The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                      It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

+1 that fill tube is stupid close to the AC line.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                        Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Time for new AC lines. You should be able to rotate it very slightly and get some extra clearance, though it won't be very much. I wouldn't dare without replacing the seals though, it will surely leak if you just try and rotate it as-is.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

There better be some burnouts being ripped sooner than later, I'm anticipating something good.

I really like that oil fill tube, where'd you get that? My shitty huge ass VCs need one of them.
                            Steam for days/

Summit. Its a trick flow piece. OVER priced though. think it was around 50 or so.

Originally posted by sly View Post
                            +1 that fill tube is stupid close to the AC line.
                            Its ON it actually. Luckily that fill tube goes into a rubber grommet on the valve cover that gives.

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                            Time for new AC lines. You should be able to rotate it very slightly and get some extra clearance, though it won't be very much. I wouldn't dare without replacing the seals though, it will surely leak if you just try and rotate it as-is.
                            I reffed on the line some to get clearance. Still hitting but less, so thats good right? lol Not opposed to new lines if something in the ac system gives up the ghost.

Thanks Guys.
                            ~David~

Comment

Today was tranny day and not in the way Logan wants it and not in the way you think Logan wants it…..we’ll leave that up to interpretation……

Dropped the pan and pulled the valve body for some transgo HIREV goodness.

^make sure to get all those bits back in the same spot or your shit wont work.

Easy peasy to install if you know about transmission valve bodies or look up about the components before hand because transgo’s instructions with this kit BLOWS.

Like below….that clip needs to be removed to in order to remove the 2-3 shift valve stuff thats partially sticking out. They mention nothing of the sort.

Anyways just two springs to remove and replace in there Then it was back to the tailshaft for the governor swap…the second part of the transgo HIREV kit.

You can see the governor and the counter weight in this pic:

Das governor and my notes!

All reinstalled with new 1+quart trick flow pan with drainplug!

Also popped on the engine oil cooler so it would FINALLY stop leaking everywhere.

Net up exhaust with wide band O2 sensor fitment and bung weld in...Hmm where shall that go?!
                              ~David~

Comment

Before the cat after the narrowband. What trans pan gasket did you use?

Comment

Working...
                                X