• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those are some sticky tires!
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Been a month since I started here up...no issues....

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Beautiful as always!
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Thanks Tom

I have ordered the firewall bracket from Pier and hope to be assembling my pedal assembly shortly. Will have to mod my brake and clutch pedal to accept the fancy 70’s mustang brake and clutch pedal pads I want to run. Aside from that it’s just ordering parts to get this thing underway. If I go tremec tko 600 transmission I do have a spare transmission crossmember to modify so she fits in there.
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Sounds nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LE SOLD

1972 Ford F100 Custom - 5.9 - Stock

2011 Ford Fusion SE - 2.5 - Stock

2018 Toyota Highlander XLE

Comment

Thanks. She screams for sure.

Ground out the clutch pedal tube from one of the spare fox body pedal assemblies I had. Now to determine where to drill in the spare panther pedal assembly I have. Once that is determined I will go ahead and make my pedal cover pads fit to my liking.
              ~David~

Comment

I did things..

Test fit clutch pedal tube:

Welded in the clutch pedal tube:

Then started working on my pedal pads. I did not want stock fox body mustang ones so some fabrication was needed.

Cut the brake pedal down:

And used its scraps for the clutch pedal:

All was well after that:

With pads and bezels:

And on the pedal box without the bezels:

Now to strip everything down and repaint the pedals and coat the pedal box with rust encapsulator and maybe chassis black paint.....
                Attached Files
                ~David~

Comment

Very nice.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Looks good. What are those pedal pads for? Looks bigger than typical car stuff, F-series ?
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I like where this is going. Pedal pads appear to be 65-early 70’s Ford compact/midsize car?

Are the brake and clutch totally separate things in terms of hanging from the mount/support, or does the clutch hang off the end of where the brake pedal attaches? I would love to do this some day...
                      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                        Very nice.
                        Thanks.

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                        Looks good. What are those pedal pads for? Looks bigger than typical car stuff, F-series ?
                        I sourced them as 65 to 73 Mustang pedal pads. Like anything ford I am sure they are used in many other models. I really like having the brite work around the pedals and these fit the bill perfectly with added bonus of brake pedal pad having a "disc brake" piece of brite work.

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
                        I like where this is going. Pedal pads appear to be 65-early 70’s Ford compact/midsize car?

Are the brake and clutch totally separate things in terms of hanging from the mount/support, or does the clutch hang off the end of where the brake pedal attaches? I would love to do this some day...
                        The brake and clutch pedals are totally separate in terms of hanging from the mount/support. The brake pedal mounts DEEP and HIGH in the mount/support.

For 79 to 89 model panthers one needs to source the fox body pedal assembly and rob it of its clutch pedal tube and transplant that into to panther one as shown above.

90/91 panther assemblies are different and I cannot speak of them much.
                        Last edited by 87gtVIC; 02-25-2018, 07:11 AM.
                        ~David~

Comment

Added the clutch pedal stops which in turn allowed me to mount up the NSS switch...AT least I believe that is the NSS switch. Stock form the mustang pedal assembly has a plastic linkage attached to a box with electrical connectors on the opposite side of the pedal assembly. NO clue what that is but it ain't happening in my car...

Drilled out the spot welds for the clutch stops in my mustang pedal assembly then welded it into my panther assembly. I think it should fit just fine as this sits inboard of the clutch quadrant...Time will tell.

Clutch pedal fully depressed on mustang pedal assembly:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0295.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	1283108

Clutch pedal fully released on mustang pedal assembly:

Name:	IMG_0296.jpg
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	1283109

The above two pics were what I used to try and get the pedal travel the same on my box panther pedal assembly.

Comparison to mustang assembly..panther is the rusty looking one:

Name:	IMG_0297.jpg
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	1283110

Close up of my fabricobiling:

Name:	IMG_0298.jpg
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	1283111

Name:	IMG_0299.jpg
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	1283112

And a final overlook of a mustang and box panther clutch pedal assembly:

Name:	IMG_0300.jpg
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	1283113
                          Last edited by 87gtVIC; 02-25-2018, 02:05 PM.
                          ~David~

Comment

OKay turns out the thing I was talking about above is the clutch pedal safety switch......what to do....

To be honest I dont know what either is now...Im confused.
                            Last edited by 87gtVIC; 02-25-2018, 07:02 PM.
                            ~David~

Comment

Same function. Makes sure you're in neutral (clutch pedal in) before the starter will spin.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                              Originally posted by dmccaig
                              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Upon more research the thing I installed is whats called a clutch dump switch.. Something to do with cruise control.

The clutch safety switch is what holds two electrical connectors and also the thing I have not taken into account. Given the small confines this pedal assembly has to work in (the computer is right next to the clutch pedal) I don't know what I am going to do.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X