No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dave I was wondering if you ever thought of LED taillights ?
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Originally posted by marquis_82_withneons View Post
      that brackets made a world of difference. it looks so much more sturdy. and still fits by the booster. thats an aero body master and booster, correct?
      Yes. It JUST fits. It is a TIGHT area. Needed to cut the very edges of the wiper motor box (plastic housing the wiper motor bolts onto) in order for things to situate properly. Yes on aero master and booster.

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
      Does the firewall flex at all?
      Good question. The piece buts up against the lip of the cowling and the lower edge sits nice and firmly against the stamped lip of the gear selector shaft hole. I will have to check it out if it does. I dont believe there is any pressure on the firewall. It is nicely dispersed through the three mounting points I made. Two up top and one just above the stamped lip of the gear selector shaft hole.

Originally posted by jaywish View Post
      Dave I was wondering if you ever thought of LED taillights ?
      I have to look over the bits you sent me. I am hesitant on LEDs as I know ground can act differently with them and make some systems not function properly.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

That engine bay is gorgeous! Love what you did with the upper intake

Comment

Thanks...One other thing I added was an 86 only? at least 86 and down MAP sensor bracket. I sandblasted and powdercoated it in matching powder to some of my other engine bay bits...barely see it with the harness running above it. lol

This style bracket has the MAP sensor sitting straight up. The newer style brackets have the sensor laying on its back like it is asleep.
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Do you have a CHMSL? If so I believe everything will be fine e.g. working cruise control. There is the possible exception of needing a different flasher for 4-ways, though I think you will be OK without.
            03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
            02 SL500 Silver Arrow
            08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
            12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

cruise gets dumb with all LED tails. If you keep normal bulbs in the center lamp it will work. I run all stock lamps because of the flasher thing. the electronic ones don't make the proper noise. I actually rolled flashers in the Conti to get a mix of the right flash rate and the right sound.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by jaywish View Post
                Do you have a CHMSL? If so I believe everything will be fine e.g. working cruise control. There is the possible exception of needing a different flasher for 4-ways, though I think you will be OK without.
                i do have the third brake light.

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                cruise gets dumb with all LED tails. If you keep normal bulbs in the center lamp it will work. I run all stock lamps because of the flasher thing. the electronic ones don't make the proper noise. I actually rolled flashers in the Conti to get a mix of the right flash rate and the right sound.
                thanks for the info.
                ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                  Thanks...One other thing I added was an 86 only? at least 86 and down MAP sensor bracket. I sandblasted and powdercoated it in matching powder to some of my other engine bay bits...barely see it with the harness running above it. lol

This style bracket has the MAP sensor sitting straight up. The newer style brackets have the sensor laying on its back like it is asleep.
                  Yeah, when I replaced the wire looms, they blocked other things out; but that was on the to-do list; painting the MAP bracket. Also going to clean and paint the AC box; along with the inner fenders.

Comment

can bus 194 leds solves the cruise issue.

Comment

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
                      Does the firewall flex at all?

No flex. If anything is moving it is the cable in relation to the adjuster.

Bummed as my air compressor took a crap the day this all went together. I had planned to powdercoat the bracket....I left it bare steel in where it was ground down. It was ground down as I filled in holes I had previously tapped but then welded back up.
                      ~David~

Comment

What bracket did you use for the coil?

Comment

Stock 87 and up bracket. You 86guys have it on the passengers side fender.
                          ~David~

Comment

Okay; among the junkyard parts is the bracket, I think. Pulled it off of a '90 MGM almost 10 years ago. I will clean and paint it when i find it.

Comment

need to drill holes in the upper AC bracket to mount it. Pretty sure 86 brackets have no hole there.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I just read through this whole thread and all I can say is
                                WOW
                                I just can’t believe all the work and attention to detail! It’s unreal.
                                Good for you, that has to be the nicest Panther I have ever seen.
                                Love it.

Comment

Working...
                                X