PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 245 of 245 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245
Results 4,881 to 4,895 of 4895

Thread: My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

[QUOTE=mitymerc;845402]The upper ones in the rear? I have them in the yellow capri. All other ends are spherical also. The articulation is ridiculous. Some have said to expect harshness, TBH in that car I never noticed a difference. It is by no means a touring car though.[/QUOT

The one that press into the 8.8 rear. The rest for me will just be poly.

I have read that is will be harsher. Not worried.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Did an interior clean up. Turned out the steering wheel was really filthy.

Used ammo lather on all interior bits with a detailing brush. Went over all plastic, vinyl and leather surfaces with 303 aerospace protectant. Windows were douched with Mckees 37 krystal vision glass cleaner and a waffle weave towel.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 720FD17F-B63D-4359-8125-3BEAC9F79214.jpeg   A2DC082B-9831-4538-A971-9C963EBEE671.jpeg   A1E373D1-AA68-4CE6-B227-244D2091EFFC.jpeg   EF36CF8E-BCD7-4172-98B3-74813FCB5FED.jpeg   7FA7F1C7-A95A-4451-98C0-955DA6142DD8.jpeg  

0CDF222B-EE55-4964-9A99-46204019F07B.jpeg  
    Last edited by 87gtVIC; 08-09-2020 at 12:44 PM.
    ~David~

Fell in love with the rear end of Andrews 81 Crown Victoria and felt like I needed to do something similar to the stock look but with a little flare.

Picked up a Hurst Equipped badge as well as Scott Drake Ford Letters.

The Ford letters had pegs on the rear and metal grommets to install into the body of the car then push the letters into. I cut the pegs off and applied double stick tape to the back side of the letters so I can easily reverse the process should I get tired of the old school stock look.

Here is how rear end looked before...all naked and such:

Andrew helped me out with some measurements so I can get the Ford letters as close to stock as possible. I layed out a template with tape and then had at it installing the letters as well as the hurst equipped badge. In stock form Andrews 81 has an Automatic Overdrive emblem there. I no longer have Automatic Overdrive so I figured it would look trick slipping in the Hurst Equipped badge in its place.....you know since I have a hurst shifter and all

And after.

I am in LOVE with the old school vibe. Passes for stock visually as well!

And a little video from this morning:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3135.jpg   IMG_3162.jpg   IMG_3168.jpg   IMG_3169.jpg   IMG_3170.jpg  

IMG_3172.jpg   IMG_3173.jpg   IMG_3174.jpg   IMG_3175.jpg   IMG_3176.jpg  

~David~

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

non-tacky modified badging looks good. Now you need Calvin pissing on "automatics" or something to ruin it

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

LOOKS GREAT! Wish my bumpers shined liked the ones in the pics! WagonMan
    1990 Colony Park
    1970 HEMI Superbird

Look good, sound good, last long time...

10 Escape LTD. V6 AWD, K&N, Bullitt wheels.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Yup, bumper envy.

10 Escape LTD. V6 AWD, K&N, Bullitt wheels.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Quote Originally Posted by gadget73 View Post
    non-tacky modified badging looks good. Now you need Calvin pissing on "automatics" or something to ruin it
    That is a big no thank you please.

Quote Originally Posted by WagonMan View Post
    LOOKS GREAT! Wish my bumpers shined liked the ones in the pics! WagonMan
    The NOS 1979 smoothie one I have waiting to install outshines this 10 to 1!

Quote Originally Posted by mitymerc View Post
    Look good, sound good, last long time...
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mitymerc View Post
    Yup, bumper envy.
    Its original. Understandably, the front bumper shows more wear than the original rear.

Waiting on finding a NOS or really nice condition 1982 grille (Where are you Ben! )before I swap in my NOS headlamp bezels, NOS smoothie with vents front bumper and NOS smoothie rear bumper.
    ~David~

Quote Originally Posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    That is a big no thank you please.

The NOS 1979 smoothie one I have waiting to install outshines this 10 to 1!

Thanks.

Its original. Understandably, the front bumper shows more wear than the original rear.

Waiting on finding a NOS or really nice condition 1982 grille (Where are you Ben! )before I swap in my NOS headlamp bezels, NOS smoothie with vents front bumper and NOS smoothie rear bumper.
    As luck would have it, I pulled it out of storage yesterday. And I should have some nice boxes coming this week with Mustang parts that should be the right size for shipping a grille.

I’m loving the ford letters. Was there a blue oval there originally?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggie View Post
    As luck would have it, I pulled it out of storage yesterday. And I should have some nice boxes coming this week with Mustang parts that should be the right size for shipping a grille.

I’m loving the ford letters. Was there a blue oval there originally?
    Excellent news!

A blue oval was on the passengers side. LTD Crown Victoria script text was on the drivers side in 87. The older cars like Andrews 81 had things reversed.

This was my car back in February of 2009...Way too much going on! Much much cleaner and thought out now.

~David~

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

when the alternator gets upgraded you have to remove the flaming Ford thing, that way people know its safe.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Quote Originally Posted by gadget73 View Post
    when the alternator gets upgraded you have to remove the flaming Ford thing, that way people know its safe.
    That gave me a good laugh. I am in the clear.
    ~David~

Member of the Orb Alliance packman's Avatar

Nice! The badging is distinctive and subtle. And from what I see, you had a PI badge on your car too. The 2nd owner of my CV did the same thing. Can't wait to remove that badge when the time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by packman View Post
    Nice! The badging is distinctive and subtle. And from what I see, you had a PI badge on your car too. The 2nd owner of my CV did the same thing. Can't wait to remove that badge when the time comes.
    Yep. Sure did have the police interceptor badge.

Much better now

~David~

You're maturing nicely in your old age haha. The flames around the blue oval definitely scream "punk kid" to me and "oh no, that poor car!" I dig what you've got going on now, very nice.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Page 245 of 245 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245