Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1978-88-GM-...6/330923861910

I may look into these in the future as the JC whitney ones are no longer available. This last set was installed some time around 2010.

These look nice despite being a GM part..should fit the bill.
    Those look more proper than the ones you have on there.

Comment

Originally posted by rellik god View Post
      you can also coat the whole back with fiber glass resin for extra moisture protection
      Ohh. Nice. Havent thought of that. Should give it some support as well.

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
      Those look more proper than the ones you have on there.
      Agreed. They most certainly do. One problem....these operate fine and have been the style I have been using since forever...Dad had a set of these installed before I got the car. I remember these since 2000 at least. Its on the list. I will eventually pick up the set and install if I need to take door panels off again....or once door panels come off again.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Took the car out for the first drive of the season.

Quick video of the highlights....

Definitely failed on getting a good line lock video. Will need a rear mounted camera for sure. The smoke cloud is insanely big. Line lock is nuts.

Attached Files
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

listening to that AOD do it's 1-2 slop is hilarious, but it shifts exactly like mine does.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Cool vids. Sounds vicious.
            Are you pumping the brakes up before you engage the LL?

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Man that sounds good. That would be one car I could appreciate blowing by me on the expressway.

My Cars:
              -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
              -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
              -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
              -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

This reminds me... I need to post a new WOT shift vid of my car. The trans tune I did is working like a champ. The shifts are firm and quick, but not harsh.

Also... I love your car.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

That is indeed a good looking car. You have an aero rear end in that, right? I see the rear wheels actually look flush with the body compared to my box.
                  1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                  1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Mhhhm boy now that's a good sounding 302! Loud and proud. I'm really happy for you mang; the ARP head bolt fiasco and multiple rounds of troubleshooting earlier sounded like a major slice of PITA bread. She's back in action though. Between the warmed over motor and the upcoming 5 speed (which assuredly has less parasitic losses in gear vs an AOD), you're primed to have a rip-roaring good time.
                    Last edited by Hearsesrock427; 03-25-2019, 10:35 AM.
                    '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
                    '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
                    '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                      listening to that AOD do it's 1-2 slop is hilarious, but it shifts exactly like mine does.
                      The transmission is hanging in there. Admittingly it does not get to much use. I did 522 miles last year.

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
                      Cool vids. Sounds vicious.
                      Are you pumping the brakes up before you engage the LL?
                      Thanks Jim

Nope. Just hold to floor HARD then engaging switch and letting off brake pedal. The RPMs sky rocket so fast I am just letting the switch off within seconds of starting. Its not rolling at all though while LL is engaged.

Originally posted by Kodachrome Wolf View Post
                      Man that sounds good. That would be one car I could appreciate blowing by me on the expressway.
                      Thanks. Appreciate it.

Originally posted by sly View Post
                      This reminds me... I need to post a new WOT shift vid of my car. The trans tune I did is working like a champ. The shifts are firm and quick, but not harsh.

Also... I love your car.
                      Thank you.

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                      That is indeed a good looking car. You have an aero rear end in that, right? I see the rear wheels actually look flush with the body compared to my box.
                      Thanks. I have hub centric spacers in the rear to make it look less topsy turvy.

Originally posted by Hearsesrock427 View Post
                      Mhhhm boy now that's a good sounding 302! Loud and proud. I'm really happy for you mang; the ARP head bolt fiasco and multiple rounds of troubleshooting earlier sounded like a major slice of PITA bread. She's back in action though. Between the warmed over motor and the upcoming 5 speed (which assuredly has less parasitic losses in gear vs an AOD), you're primed to have a rip-roaring good time.
                      Thanks for the nice words. It was definitely tough and extremely irritating at times. For now things are holding together. The 5 speed should be mega fun and give a HUGE seat of the pants difference in performance.
                      ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                        That seems to be the deal with every AOD powered car I've ever driven, except for Vicky's (before I opted for a 4r70w). Even before the silverfox valve body, that transmission always had a very crisp and quick 1-2 shift.

Comment

I like how your CV sounds just like an 80's Fox Body on deceleration

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                            I like how your CV sounds just like an 80's Fox Body on deceleration
                            Thanks. She is mean.
                            ~David~

Comment

Trailer Light Power Module and Bracket

Today I swapped on my favorite wheels in preparation for summer:

I also installed my trailer harness and 4 flat mounting bracket.

Easy install. Everything I needed (aside from power) was located right behind the drivers side taillight. I then mounted the trailer harness module in the quarter panel well behind the carpets. I used a 10x24 nutsert for that. I used silicone around the nutsert before installing and antiseize on the threads of the bolt.

Power was stolen from my latest under hood fuse box. Fuse three is now for the trailer light module. 15amp fuse. I will only keep it energized when I need to. Otherwise the fuse is riding in the glove box.

I drilled a hole and chopped off the trailer plug and used a grommet to run the trailer harness out to the trailer hitch. I used two 8x32 nutserts with p clamps to secure the harness out of the way. Again I installed with silicone and screws were antiseized.

I drilled and tapped two 10x24 holes in the trailer hitch for mounting the 4-flat trailer harness bracket for a nice clean install.

I used a Tekonsha 119147 trailer light power module and a Tow-Ready 118149 4-Flat Universal Mounting Bracket. I have zero complaints.
                              Attached Files
                              ~David~

Comment

Do you keep the tires on the wheels or do a re-mount at home?
                                sigpic
                                1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2DR
                                302CID, K&N air filter, Dual cherrybomb glasspacks, Vogue tyres (Front:P225/60R16,,Rear:P235/60R16), Centerline Pulsar wheels (Front:7", Rear 8")
                                COBRA 25LTD CB with/ Wilson 500 whip antenna.

Comment

Working...
                                X