No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All he originally said is "pipe dope". I've seen some shitty dope that can't handle temperatures as high as engines get, and of varying qualities. I prefer to follow manufactures recommendations, as I HAVE had problems by using different products, even with things that "should" work. So i don't fuck around anymore
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

pipe dope is a fairly generic word for it but its just common thread sealer you can find in any hardware store plumbing section.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Ended up not touching the car....Now I sit here watching the rain fall wishing I actually did.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

IDK. I used to use permatex blue
          03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
          02 SL500 Silver Arrow
          08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
          12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
            ...At the marina, it was all Mercury PerfectSeal, which is just Permatex aviation sealant. Thats also a non-hardening sealer meant for use with various fluids. In the marine world, that stuff is like Frank's Red Hot: we put that shit on everything.

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
            Ended up not touching the car....Now I sit here watching the rain fall wishing I actually did.
            Ah cheese&rice, take a break and eat a bag a Cheetos or something lol. You've done a lot of work to that car this year and she's being a bitch..
            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
              and she's being a bitch..
              Find one that isn't!!! They're all bitches, some just hide it better than others, lol
              The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
              The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

My Town Car??? That has been the best car I've owned, aside from the Firebird.
                In general though, that's the truth. "If it's got tits or tires....."
                1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I have been told CV's are picky ladies, I know this from painful experience.

Comment

Maybe that's why the GMCP has been on the road for 16 yrs & the CVCS was driven for 1 & has been parked for 6. LOL

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

the least miserable thing I've ever owned is the S10. Not to say things haven't broken, its just been relatively polite about it. Never left me anywhere, the closest it came was when the trans gave its last after knowing it was dying for a good long time. It just barely got me to work, and that was all it had to give.
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                        Hoping to change the pump out this weekend. Poor street is getting power steering fluid just from my baby sitting there. Before last weekends drive I had to top off the level as it was just NOT reaching the power steering dipstick full cold level. Bigger puddle on the floor than before. Not gonna risk it and drive anywhere before swapping the pump out.

Also picked up a leakdown tester (one that tells you percentage of leakage) as well as another set of headgaskets. I have seepage of oil/coolant? right in front of the number 5 cylinder between the gasket and the head. I have a T moss ported gt 40 lower intake as well to pop on the same time. This may be more of a over the winter job though....time will tell when I get around to it.
                        Started this mess this afternoon.

Removed upper intake, drivers side header, alternator, fan shroud, fan and drained coolant. Just about to pull off the power steering pump pulley and the sky's opened up so I had to call it quits.

Quick recap...end goal is changing out drivers side head gasket, swapping in a t moss ported gt 40 lower intake and swapping in a new power steering pump and high pressure line. I have the newer steering box so I have to cut and re-flare the high pressure line of the pump to adapt to the newer steering box' stock high pressure line.
                        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Just one head gasket? Usually I've always done them in pairs, figuring if one failed the other one was there at the same time. Usually thats working on stuff that hasn't been apart in a long time, or something that blew a gasket from a cooling issue though.

Comment

Some goo is leaking out between the drivers side head and the head gasket at the front of the head by cylinder 5. Passengers side is all good.

The only failure here may be a poor install job the last time I was in there.....when the head bolt broke back by cylinder number 8 and had to drill it out and replace all the head bolts.
                            ~David~

Comment

ah, ok, so not the usual "blow head gasket".

You probably know this but just make sure its facing the right way. Something about a coolant hole being blocked if its backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                                ah, ok, so not the usual "blow head gasket".

You probably know this but just make sure its facing the right way. Something about a coolant hole being blocked if its backwards.
                                Correct. Nothing blown, just not right.

Yes, will be sure to install the gasket in the correct orientation. Also looking forward to seeing what the gasket looks like in the offending area once the head is off.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X