No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep. On paper and fully functioning under warranty, modern stuff can't be beat economically or feasibly. I think the age old saying about MoPar still rings true today; "They may be built like a beer can, but try and catch one."
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

At least he/she wasn't an unmarked Trooper. Your 5-speed swap and perhaps some boost might give that Charger a bit more of a challenge.

Comment

I have to say that the transmission is god awful for the power the car has. It is just not in sync with what the engine is providing. The mans trans will no doubt give the car a BIG seat of the pants improvement.

From the burnout in video above...

I took the photo a day after...I like how the thrown rubber is still behind the tread marks.
        Attached Files
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I see you have other locals using that same spot for donuts. Neighbors must love that LOL

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
            I see you have other locals using that same spot for donuts. Neighbors must love that LOL
            A couple of the larger intersections within that small town are littered with donuts. I will not risk doing that in such a populated area.
            ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

LOL I wonder if they shut down the intersections and do donuts until the police come; like they do on the west coast

Comment

Doubt it. It is not a busy area.
                ~David~

Comment

Find the video of the idiot doing doughnuts on the Golden Gate Bridge that shut down the bridge and the latest is shuttng down Highway 5 for a stupid "side show".

Comment

Unfortunately we might be seeing more of that here in NJ; as they are shutting down the tracks. E-Town being the more popular of the tracks that was shut down recently.

Sorry Dave for

Comment

I heard about that. What about Island and Atco?

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Both are still open to my understanding; or at least they have online schedules. Island is 1.5 hours away from me and Atco is 2+ hours. Or, I go to The Hole if they're still racing there LOL

Comment

The Hole?

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Route 78 in Newark outside the penitentiary. They shut down the local lanes and race IIRC. Haven't been there in over 2 decades

Comment

Ahh.

Comment

My Dad used to take me to the Connecting Highway to watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X