PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 231 of 232 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232 LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,620 of 4622

Thread: My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1978-88-GM-...6/330923861910

I may look into these in the future as the JC whitney ones are no longer available. This last set was installed some time around 2010.

These look nice despite being a GM part..should fit the bill.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Looks good! Nice work.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I post a lot...

Great work as usual David.

'10 Escape LTD, V6 AWD. K&N, VentVisors

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars, Dead AOD.....

'91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, 'Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts...

Thanks guys.

Quick tip for those struggling with deteriorating door panel backing material...you know the thin cardboard that the door panel Christmas tree clips hold onto...HOT GLUE

A dab of hot glue will hold the clip in place on the door panel and fix your issues. No more clips falling out and your door panel will stay secure to your cars door.
    ~David~

you can also coat the whole back with fiber glass resin for extra moisture protection

Fastest Box In South Jersey 86VickyLX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1978-88-GM-...6/330923861910

I may look into these in the future as the JC whitney ones are no longer available. This last set was installed some time around 2010.

These look nice despite being a GM part..should fit the bill.
    Those look more proper than the ones you have on there.
    "Vicky" 1986 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX ..................................."Blue" 1992 Mercury Grand Marquis LS

Vicky
    Too much stuff to list in my signature...
    Blue
    Mods So Far:
    5.0 HO Swap from 92 Cougar, GT40 Intakes With Remanufactured GT40P Heads, Contour Cooling Fans, Autodimming Mirror With Compass, Frankensteined but fully functional JBL Premium Sound System, Working A/C, Big Front Brake Swap, more mods to come soon!

Quote Originally Posted by rellik god View Post
    you can also coat the whole back with fiber glass resin for extra moisture protection
    Ohh. Nice. Havent thought of that. Should give it some support as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 86VickyLX View Post
    Those look more proper than the ones you have on there.
    Agreed. They most certainly do. One problem....these operate fine and have been the style I have been using since forever...Dad had a set of these installed before I got the car. I remember these since 2000 at least. Its on the list. I will eventually pick up the set and install if I need to take door panels off again....or once door panels come off again.
    ~David~

Took the car out for the first drive of the season.

Quick video of the highlights....

Definitely failed on getting a good line lock video. Will need a rear mounted camera for sure. The smoke cloud is insanely big. Line lock is nuts.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1528.jpg   IMG_1529.jpg   IMG_1530.jpg   IMG_1531.jpg   IMG_1532.jpg  

~David~

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

listening to that AOD do it's 1-2 slop is hilarious, but it shifts exactly like mine does.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

I post a lot...

Cool vids. Sounds vicious.
    Are you pumping the brakes up before you engage the LL?

'10 Escape LTD, V6 AWD. K&N, VentVisors

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars, Dead AOD.....

'91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, 'Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts...

Man that sounds good. That would be one car I could appreciate blowing by me on the expressway.

My Cars:
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 POTM Winner
    -1989 Sable LS Wagon (88,710 Miles) - Sold
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (210K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

This reminds me... I need to post a new WOT shift vid of my car. The trans tune I did is working like a champ. The shifts are firm and quick, but not harsh.

Also... I love your car.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 88 MGM (SOLD), 93 Vic, 2000 Crown Vic, 2003 Expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

That is indeed a good looking car. You have an aero rear end in that, right? I see the rear wheels actually look flush with the body compared to my box.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Digital Dash Enthusiast Hearsesrock427's Avatar

Mhhhm boy now that's a good sounding 302! Loud and proud. I'm really happy for you mang; the ARP head bolt fiasco and multiple rounds of troubleshooting earlier sounded like a major slice of PITA bread. She's back in action though. Between the warmed over motor and the upcoming 5 speed (which assuredly has less parasitic losses in gear vs an AOD), you're primed to have a rip-roaring good time.
    Last edited by Hearsesrock427; 03-25-2019 at 10:35 AM.
    Slicktopped 1989 Grand Marquis "Ebyt". Primary project.
    255/50/R16 BF Goodrich G-force Sport Comp 2 tires, big disc brakes, polyurethane suspension bushings + body mounts, BBK long tube headers, HVAC delete
    Spring 2019 plans: Maintenance, digital dash, aluminum driveshaft, additional chassis bracing

Slicktopped 1985 Grand Marquis "Eva". Secondary project.
    Spring 2019 plans: Full chassis swap, maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by gadget73 View Post
    listening to that AOD do it's 1-2 slop is hilarious, but it shifts exactly like mine does.
    The transmission is hanging in there. Admittingly it does not get to much use. I did 522 miles last year.

Quote Originally Posted by mitymerc View Post
    Cool vids. Sounds vicious.
    Are you pumping the brakes up before you engage the LL?
    Thanks Jim

Nope. Just hold to floor HARD then engaging switch and letting off brake pedal. The RPMs sky rocket so fast I am just letting the switch off within seconds of starting. Its not rolling at all though while LL is engaged.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodachrome Wolf View Post
    Man that sounds good. That would be one car I could appreciate blowing by me on the expressway.
    Thanks. Appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    This reminds me... I need to post a new WOT shift vid of my car. The trans tune I did is working like a champ. The shifts are firm and quick, but not harsh.

Also... I love your car.
    Thank you.

That is indeed a good looking car. You have an aero rear end in that, right? I see the rear wheels actually look flush with the body compared to my box.
    Thanks. I have hub centric spacers in the rear to make it look less topsy turvy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hearsesrock427 View Post
    Mhhhm boy now that's a good sounding 302! Loud and proud. I'm really happy for you mang; the ARP head bolt fiasco and multiple rounds of troubleshooting earlier sounded like a major slice of PITA bread. She's back in action though. Between the warmed over motor and the upcoming 5 speed (which assuredly has less parasitic losses in gear vs an AOD), you're primed to have a rip-roaring good time.
    Thanks for the nice words. It was definitely tough and extremely irritating at times. For now things are holding together. The 5 speed should be mega fun and give a HUGE seat of the pants difference in performance.
    ~David~

Fastest Box In South Jersey 86VickyLX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gadget73 View Post
    That seems to be the deal with every AOD powered car I've ever driven, except for Vicky's (before I opted for a 4r70w). Even before the silverfox valve body, that transmission always had a very crisp and quick 1-2 shift.
    "Vicky" 1986 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX ..................................."Blue" 1992 Mercury Grand Marquis LS

Vicky
    Too much stuff to list in my signature...
    Blue
    Mods So Far:
    5.0 HO Swap from 92 Cougar, GT40 Intakes With Remanufactured GT40P Heads, Contour Cooling Fans, Autodimming Mirror With Compass, Frankensteined but fully functional JBL Premium Sound System, Working A/C, Big Front Brake Swap, more mods to come soon!

Member of the Orb Alliance packman's Avatar

I like how your CV sounds just like an 80's Fox Body on deceleration

Quote Originally Posted by packman View Post
    I like how your CV sounds just like an 80's Fox Body on deceleration
    Thanks. She is mean.
    ~David~

Default Trailer Light Power Module and Bracket

Today I swapped on my favorite wheels in preparation for summer:

I also installed my trailer harness and 4 flat mounting bracket.

Easy install. Everything I needed (aside from power) was located right behind the drivers side taillight. I then mounted the trailer harness module in the quarter panel well behind the carpets. I used a 10x24 nutsert for that. I used silicone around the nutsert before installing and antiseize on the threads of the bolt.

Power was stolen from my latest under hood fuse box. Fuse three is now for the trailer light module. 15amp fuse. I will only keep it energized when I need to. Otherwise the fuse is riding in the glove box.

I drilled a hole and chopped off the trailer plug and used a grommet to run the trailer harness out to the trailer hitch. I used two 8x32 nutserts with p clamps to secure the harness out of the way. Again I installed with silicone and screws were antiseized.

I drilled and tapped two 10x24 holes in the trailer hitch for mounting the 4-flat trailer harness bracket for a nice clean install.

I used a Tekonsha 119147 trailer light power module and a Tow-Ready 118149 4-Flat Universal Mounting Bracket. I have zero complaints.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1647.jpg   IMG_1648.jpg   IMG_1649.jpg   IMG_1650.jpg   IMG_1651.jpg  

IMG_1652.jpg  
    ~David~

Do you keep the tires on the wheels or do a re-mount at home?

1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2DR
    302CID, K&N air filter, Dual cherrybomb glasspacks, Vogue tyres (Front:P225/60R16,,Rear:P235/60R16), Centerline Pulsar wheels (Front:7", Rear 8")
    COBRA 25LTD CB with/ Wilson 500 whip antenna.

Page 231 of 232 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232 LastLast