PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 255 of 257 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257 LastLast
Results 5,081 to 5,100 of 5125

Thread: My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

I think those old seats had too many farts installed.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

I've always hated leather seats since I was a kid riding around in my grandma's 1977 Grand Prix during San Antonio summers. Only car I've ever owned that has leather seats is my 1995 Mustang Cobra. I'd swap to cloth in a heartbeat if I could find a clean set of seats somewhere.
    óJohn

1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019)
    1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
    1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Quote Originally Posted by gadget73 View Post
    I think those old seats had too many farts installed.
    Oh, there's plenty of farts in those new seats as well. At least the driver's seat. Besides the daily, that car made many trips from Long Island to York, PA. Sorry David! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
    I've always hated leather seats since I was a kid riding around in my grandma's 1977 Grand Prix during San Antonio summers. Only car I've ever owned that has leather seats is my 1995 Mustang Cobra. I'd swap to cloth in a heartbeat if I could find a clean set of seats somewhere.
    I had leather seats in both my Lincolns and all my Cadillacs. I swore off leather after owning the last one. I don't want to burn my legs again while wearing shorts and getting into the car during Summer.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

I loved the leather in my Mark VIII.
    I rubbed it down with Maguires Leather conditioner every spring, and those seats were like Velvet lips kissing my dupa.
    Relative to the amount of brewed beverages consumed in that part of my life, those seats took a serious beating and proved to be impervious to noxious gas injection.
    Good job FoMoCo.
    All FORD All The Time

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    LoL we'd take advantage of that whenever grandpa drove. Give ourselves headstarts at the onset of a turn and then smash into each other. No seatbelts or car seats.

We would ask my Mom which way she was turning next & stage Hot Wheels in the correct side of the package shelf. She would whip around the turns & let em fly.
    Last edited by mitymerc; 07-21-2021 at 10:59 AM. Reason: speeling

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Hah, cool mom. We played with Hot Wheels cars on the package shelf too. Had wrestling matches back there too- used the third brake light as a ring.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Quote Originally Posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
    Oh yes! The seat covers were nice (i hate personally seat covers), but I always thought they were holding your interior back from its full potential. Love that you found these seats!
    Thanks Phil. I am happy I went with these over the route you have taken. I liked yours too though I find that this is more fitting. Happy to find the correct color...if push came t shove I may have went the bucket seat route you did. I was pretty excited about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    I was always curious what the seats looked like under those covers!
    More often than not there is a reason seat covers are in place. lol Good to hear from you.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch47 View Post

Nice to see those survivor seats getting new farts installed. They look great.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by slack View Post
    Oh, there's plenty of farts in those new seats as well. At least the driver's seat. Besides the daily, that car made many trips from Long Island to York, PA. Sorry David! lol
    Its all good and well worth it.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

I post a lot...

Hi David,

Was doing some minor garage cleaning and wonder if you would like this?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210726_131657[1].jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	77.3 KB 
ID:	56718
    03 Marauder DBP, HS, 6disk, Organizer, Silver Stars, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector.
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated Cooper Zeon RS3-A, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    08 Escape Limited V6 Auto, Beamtech LED headlight bulbs,

How could one say no? Has my name on it already.
    ~David~

I post a lot...

OK I will keep it for now till we cross paths.
    03 Marauder DBP, HS, 6disk, Organizer, Silver Stars, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector.
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated Cooper Zeon RS3-A, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    08 Escape Limited V6 Auto, Beamtech LED headlight bulbs,

Sweet. Hope to not use it but way to cool not to have in the trunk.
    ~David~

That is cool!

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

noice!

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

A few from this mornings cruise out the island. Nice little hide away spot near exit 71 off the LIE.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4106.jpg   IMG_4107.jpg   IMG_4108.jpg   IMG_4109.jpg   IMG_4110.jpg  

IMG_4111.jpg  
    ~David~

Love the HPP's on that car David. The angled shot from the passenger side rear looks phenomenal. That car has to be one of the nicest two doors on the planet.

Thanks. I am very happy with the car.

I have a coverlay dash cap in the garage ready to install. Should make the interior just a bit more stock looking getting rid of the carpeted dash pad...gonna miss that. Had that since forever. Will roll her up and toss her in the trunk organizer.
    ~David~

Don't know how I feel about those enduring long term heat exposure- ie an 8 hour work day. I think the carpeted stuff allows the dash to breathe better and absorbs more heat/blocks more UV whereas a dash cap is going to trap it. They're not that thick either, right?

Don't know how I feel about those enduring long term heat exposure- ie an 8 hour work day. I think the carpeted stuff allows the dash to breathe better and absorbs more heat/blocks more UV whereas a dash cap is going to trap it. They're not that thick either, right?
    Nope not thick whatsoever. Well see how it goes. Directions state to only go around perimeter and around vent holes. Designed to give with heat.
    ~David~

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

If the dash is already shot, thats really not much of a concern. If its not shot, there isn't any reason to put a cap on, so win either way?

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Looks sharp! Definitely like the HPP setup you're running.

I've seen a few of the installed Coverlay caps; fitment seems pretty darn good with them.

My Cars:
    -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Awaiting Resurrection
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (230K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Page 255 of 257 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257 LastLast