No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been sitting on the ADTR Boxed upper (adjustable) and lower rear control arms since around September..life happened but just got to them today.

I had purchased and planned to use spherical bushings in the diff ears but I found out Mustang ones are different sizes and just are too small to fit..so Everything stayed poly for the complete quadrabind rear end.

Everything fit no problem...just a bit tricky to grease the upper arms upper zerk fitting. Otherwise it just plain worked.

Some pics:

New and old upper:

And all installed and greased:

And the sway bar fits up perfectly:

They sure are nice and heavy duty feeling.
    Attached Files
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Cool!, how does it handle now?

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

ooo purdy. interested in how it handles now as well!
        -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Nice! I imagine the ride will change a bit. I know when I had lift bars installed on the Malibu (they were almost the same), it completely changed the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
            Cool!, how does it handle now?
            Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
            ooo purdy. interested in how it handles now as well!
            Originally posted by packman View Post
            Nice! I imagine the ride will change a bit. I know when I had lift bars installed on the Malibu (they were almost the same), it completely changed the ride.
            Supper was ready and I covered the car back up and have not drove it since.

If I notice any difference I hope it is not a negative one.

Reason I picked them up is to have the ability to adjust the pinion angle (if needed) to subdue the wheel hop I have experienced.

I have to say my gut and neck are aching today. Havent been under a car like that since the trans install back in late March early April 2020. Its no fun working on the floor. Knee escaped the endeavor unscathed which is something I was worried about so there's a plus.

Silly me...sitting on these parts for all these months and I could have ordered zerk caps...did it this morning. Will be in shortly to protect the grease fittings on the control arms.
            ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Popped some grease zerk fitting rubber crap keeperouters onto the new ADTR rear control arms but haven't maneuvered the car out of the backyard to test everything out yet.

Did manage to put some shine on her...to be honest it was shiny before. I just wanted to polish out some car cover wear marks and put on a nice coat of wax:

Attached Files
              ~David~

Comment

A great way to have such a nice day.
                03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Got to say that is by far the best looking brown car I've ever seen.

Also probably mentioned earlier in this thread, but what wheels are those? HPPs?
                  1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
                  1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

Originally posted by jaywish View Post
                    A great way to have such a nice day.
                    Yessir.

Originally posted by Arquemann View Post
                    Got to say that is by far the best looking brown car I've ever seen.

Also probably mentioned earlier in this thread, but what wheels are those? HPPs?
                    Thanks.

Yep. HPPs that I had redone...polished lips, powdercoated centers and clear powder over all.

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post800566

Equipped with factory ford BBS center caps. Have for part number on them!
                    ~David~

Comment

Took the car out for the first time since October. It has been in the backyard since then due to personal medical reasons and winter. Also the first ride with the ADTR rear control arms. All seems good so far. I didnt experience any wheel hop yet. I was not going so hard either because it was the first time on the road in 6 months or so. Nothing seems loose and no clanking noises so I say thats a plus.
                      ~David~

Comment

Did you push her in the corners? How’d it do?
                        -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                          Did you push her in the corners? How’d it do?
                          Took it out again this morning. Cant say I feel much of a difference. I also haven't pushed anything either.

What I can say is that I still am experiencing the same wheel hop as before with the stock LCAs. I will have to dive into measuring pinion angle and utilizing the adjustable upper arms to get it within reason...if it is even out of whack. It only happens if I am putting around town in first and stop on it and stay in first till high rpms..5/6k. Under normal driving I have no problems. I also haven not tried out the line lock to see if I have this wheel hop while standing still.
                          ~David~

Comment

Wheel hop is very abusive to your axles. Do you have a magnetic angle finder?

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

I am sure a magnetic axle finder is a real thing but my first thought was I would find them on the shelf next to the left hand smoke sifters.

What does a magnetic axle finder do?

Jay
                              03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                              02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                              08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                              12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Magnetic ANGLE finder. You put it on the pinion part of the diff housing to to make sure that angle is the same as the angle of the transmission tailshaft.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                                Originally posted by dmccaig
                                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                                X