No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's my theory. Could be bad connection to the heating coil or the heating just not working and requiring engine heating to get it to work.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Will check it out. I know the gauge is good as I sent it to Autometer and they said the gauge is good. I also bench tested it myself in the garage with another harness and wide band sensor when it came back and verified that it was functioning.....The wide band sensor got MEGA hot and putting a brake clean doused rag over the sensor gave me a full rich reading. Taking it off and it went full lean. This is the second wide band sensor on the car, both the original and this replacement one gives me these funky readings. Only thing unchanged on the car is the harness from gauge to sensor.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Jeeze Im lazy. lol I used to bang so much stuff out in a matter of no time. Now nothing gets done....I suspect its because everything is all groovy and anything else is just icing on my cake. In other words I am happy.

Anyways if you couldnt tell I did not bother looking into the afr situation. When the gauge reads properly the numbers ae now spot on where my tuner wants them to be so I am good. Took her out this morning and tooled around. LOVE the top end on this motor. Much fun.

Anyways I cleaned her up before she was put away...

Honestly all that there is to do is fit some new town car trunk hinge covers onto my trunk hinges....Cutting and fabricobbeling will be involved.

Then I can remove the trunk and paint the underside all nice.

I have a stock panther alt pulley and proper belt to install.

I also have the AFR gauge deal still going on..though as said above things are okay so I am not sweating it....

Maybe after the above things are completed I will start making orders for 5 speed transmission bits......
        Attached Files
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Those are sexy tires. Farkin' love those wheels too! Noice.
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

You put tire shine on any tire mounted to an HPP and you have a WIN on your hand. lol

These are just extra nice.....Yokohama Avid Envigor High Performance All Seasons 235/60/16 and the nice refresh/custom work on the wheels really make it pop....oh and that 303 aerospace protectant on the rubber.

Thanks!
            ~David~

Comment

Unless it's my HPPs that are all ratty with former corrosion spots.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Such a sharp car. I wish brown had remained a more popular color.

My Cars:
                -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
                -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
                -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
                -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Yeah those tires have a good looking sidewall. Was tough to find when buying tires for my car. I still don't like them 100%. Pretty much wish every tire had a sidewall like those BF Goodrich T/A tires. I think those HPP's would look great on my Townie.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                    Yeah those tires have a good looking sidewall. Was tough to find when buying tires for my car. I still don't like them 100%. Pretty much wish every tire had a sidewall like those BF Goodrich T/A tires. I think those HPP's would look great on my Townie.
                    HPPs look great on everything. Also, my cars have all had BFGoodrich Touring/Advantage T/As, but unfortunately they no longer come in whitewall like I had on my '96s 15" wheels. Good tire, and the smooth sidewall with raised lettering always looks good.
                    -Steve

2006 Audi A6 S-Line FWD ~132k miles, stock.
                    1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS HPP ~102k miles, slowly acquiring modifications.
                    1997 Lincoln Town Car Cartier ~145k miles, Ported Plenum, Gutted Airbox, Mechanical Fan Delete, Contour E-fan Retrofit, Dual exhaust, Cats ran away, KYB Gas-A-Justs, P71 front sway bar, air ride reinstalled, Blinker Mod, Projector headlight retrofit, Caddy 4-note horn retrofit, Wood rim steering wheel, rustbelt diet plan..
                    1996 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 117,485mi. R.I.P. 7/14/12

Comment

Yeah they certainly do. I don't know why a smooth sidewall is so hard to find. Such a good look IMO.

Comment

So much for trying to make progress.

Pulled the alternator off this morning and planned to swap on a smaller pulley I pulled from a stock 2g 86 grand marquis. Got the pulley removed from my 3g (1995 mustang GT piece) and placed on the 2g pulley only to have the back of the pulley sit SOLID against the alternators housing. Compared the two and sure enough the 3g pulley had more of a snout keeping the back of the pulley further away from the case. I said "fuck it all" and just put the 3g pulley back on and installed it into the car.

Literally the only reason I wanted to put on a smaller pulley was because I am running an underdrive crank pulley and wanted to give the alternators voltage regulator an easier time. Don't know if it actually makes a difference but I sure wont find out now. lol

Next up was messing with the Town Car trunk hinge covers. Major cutting was needed to even have them remotely work. Not sure if I will continue with that project.

Decided to give up after all that fail and just go wash the Benz.
                        ~David~

Comment

There is a spacer between the pulley & alt on the old style alt. Yank a pulley carefully next time you are @ the yard, you will see it.
                          Last edited by mitymerc; 09-01-2018, 12:34 PM. Reason: speeling

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
                            There is a spacer between the pulley & alt on the old style alt. Yank a pulley carefully next time you are @ the yard, you will see it.
                            I will check again. I checked when I did pull it from the yard back in March/April but apparently not well enough.
                            ~David~

Comment

Mine has a 2G pulley on it, though Ivan put it on so I don't actually know what else is in there. Could be a special spacer, maybe it has a washer doing that job.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Any thoughts on my idea of having a smaller pulley making it easier on the voltage regulator taking in consideration the fact that I have a crank underdrive pulley installed? Sane, insane?
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X