No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because of COVID-19; I will be getting a GoPro6 or something like that to record the 1st start and anything else after break-in. This is at the request of my friends.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
      probably something with the audio compression. Tends to make things have a slightly nasal sort of sound.
      Yes. Agreed. Ive not encountered the same problem with gopro footage or my dash cam. Seems to be only linked to iphone video. Is what it is.

Originally posted by packman View Post
      Because of COVID-19; I will be getting a GoPro6 or something like that to record the 1st start and anything else after break-in. This is at the request of my friends.
      It is amazing how many newer models there are after the 6 already. I have a hero 3. lol I believe they are up to 10.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

That's funny, as I was looking into a Hero3 a couple years ago and passed it up for reason(s) I can't remember. Crazy how many models are out now. I just need one with decent video and good audio capabilities.

Comment

The upped tire pressure seems to be doing the trick. I can roll out in first and just get wheel spin with no bounce. Still under review and further testing but seems to have helped.

Some pics after I had her out in the morning:

On my last drive I had encountered a bit of rain. Resisted the wipers as long as I could just because I am weird like that but then had to go for them and I got nothing. Turned out the connector just wiggle loose off the wiper motor...I have the one plug design motor on there and the plug does not secure so good. Happy it was nothing inside the steering column or under the dash. I never tested things after the 5speed swap last year so it could have been any number of things because I had it all disconnected for removing the steering column and installing the pedal assembly.
          Attached Files
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Found the gopro and threw together a little something.

~David~

Comment

Nice!

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Phenomenal.

My Cars:
                -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
                -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
                -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
                -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Sounds strong and looks shiny. Remind me of your cam if you don't mind...
                  1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                  1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                  Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                  Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Very very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
                      Nice!
                      Thanks Jim.

Originally posted by Kodachrome Wolf View Post
                      Phenomenal.
                      Thank you Zach

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
                      Sounds strong and looks shiny. Remind me of your cam if you don't mind...
                      Thanks Ben. It is a Trick Flow Stage 1 Camshaft (TFS-51403001). Now part of the track max line of cams offered by trickflow. Same part number exists still.

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
                      Very very nice.
                      Appreciate it Tom.
                      ~David~

Comment

That chop gotta turn some heads when you fire that beast up

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                          That chop gotta turn some heads when you fire that beast up
                          Not to mention at stop lights and signs too. It puts a smile on my face. So happy with everything.
                          ~David~

Comment

Found two OLD pics of the car!

These could be as old as 2006/7/8

Attached Files
                            ~David~

Comment

FIVE OH right on the side... I suspect David was no more than 24 at the time lol
                              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                                FIVE OH right on the side... I suspect David was no more than 24 at the time lol
                                I was so damn happy with it. I was around 20 at the time. I seen others put it lower on the fender but I was not fond of that placement. I am happy with none nowadays.

Some from this morning.

Attached Files
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X