PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 242 of 243 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242243 LastLast
Results 4,821 to 4,840 of 4854

Thread: My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

That is freaking sweet.
    Do you have to hold t-gate for LL?

10 Escape LTD. V6 AWD, K&N, Bullitt wheels.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

2 decades of DDing Box Panthers, now in a Whale VicCrownVic's Avatar

Nice and clean. Things don't look out of place to the untrained eye, and to the trained eye things fit in well enough to possibly go un-noticed. Or at least look like it should have been built that way from the factory.
    Vic

~ 1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS "The Scab" - plenty of rot, summer DD
    ~ 1997 GMC Yukon - wannabe winter DD - returning summer 2020, I finally have an engine
    ~ 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis GS "The Ice Car" - My rotting winter DD
    ~ 1989 Mercury Grand Marquis GS - Rotting Retired DD
    Gone but not forgotten:
    ~ 1988 Country Squire ~ 1987 Ford Crown Vic

Quote Originally Posted by mitymerc View Post
    That is freaking sweet.
    Do you have to hold t-gate for LL?
    You tap the t-gate to arm the line lock. That momentary power triggers the timer off relay which then powers two additional relays for roughly 2 and a half minutes. During that time you hold the cruise "off" button to activate the line lock.

Release the cruise "off" button to release the line lock solenoid. Light in drivers side left ac vent illuminates when cruise "off" button is ONLY when the t-gate button armed the line lock system.

So line lock ONLY works if you first tap the t gate button and then hold the cruise "off"

Cruise control buttons operate and function normally otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by VicCrownVic View Post
    Nice and clean. Things don't look out of place to the untrained eye, and to the trained eye things fit in well enough to possibly go un-noticed. Or at least look like it should have been built that way from the factory.
    Thanks. I kinda try to keep things clean and stock like. Some things stand out but one can only do so much.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

It looks very factory, well, all aside from the shifter.

I'm 100% positive Vanguard Motor Sales would love to buy that from you and then sell it for $50 grand or more..
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Holy hell. I just checked out Vanguard Motor Sales. Prices galore. Cars look nice from the quick thumbnail pics I viewed. Looks nicer than my car.
    ~David~

Nice work. NICE car. As a few said before, it appears as though it came that way from FoMoCo.
    All FORD All The Time

Quote Originally Posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    Holy hell. I just checked out Vanguard Motor Sales. Prices galore. Cars look nice from the quick thumbnail pics I viewed. Looks nicer than my car.
    Hahaha, yup, that's them. Of course, all the videos on YouTube have their comments section disabled. Most of their cars look great, that's their thing. Not nicer than your car though. At least your dome light works, over 75% of their cars can't say that haha. He's never sold a box Mercury before, definitely not modded like yours. For shits and grins you should show your car to them, wonder what they'd offer. Then tell us so we can laugh at how badly that dude was prepared to lowball you.

Some casual driving easy shifting:

~David~

Can it bark 2nd? 3rd?

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

I haven’t tried. I am really trying to make it last and I am still learning how to shift so I am shifting slowly.
    ~David~

But power shifting is fun!

I understand, many broken t5's in my past LOL

Your advice of being slow and deliberate with shifting into 5th gear was perfect. No issues whatsoever on this last drive. Appreciate that.
    ~David~

A pic from this morning after a wipe down with optimums wash and wax on the paint and glass and 303 aerospace protectant on the vinyl top.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cv53120.jpg   IMG_2943.jpg  
    ~David~

I called it a "Mercury" with my last post.. I am not aging well, especially my intellect.

I called it a "Mercury" with my last post.. I am not aging well, especially my intellect.

It's ok, we love you anyway.

Member of the Orb Alliance packman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    I haven’t tried. I am really trying to make it last and I am still learning how to shift so I am shifting slowly.
    Get a beater and trash it whilst learning to powershift. When you're feeling confident, then have fun with the CV. I have a friend with a heavily mod'd '98 Cobra, but could only pull off 14 sec ET's because he couldn't and wouldn't powershift it. I gave him the same advice.

Quote Originally Posted by mitymerc View Post
    It's ok, we love you anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by packman View Post
    Get a beater and trash it whilst learning to powershift. When you're feeling confident, then have fun with the CV. I have a friend with a heavily mod'd '98 Cobra, but could only pull off 14 sec ET's because he couldn't and wouldn't powershift it. I gave him the same advice.
    Guys at the track used to put me in their cars and be confused that I picked up a tenth or two. The beater idea is a good one, if you are afraid to break it, you'll never shift quickly.

Also, the feeling of a good launch & clean powershifts is the most fun part of drag racing. (imho)

I got to drive a 97 Cobra with a Vortech. That thing smacked the slicks HARD on every shift, picked up almost 4 tenths in the eighth.
    Last edited by mitymerc; 06-01-2020 at 01:52 PM. Reason: speeling

Page 242 of 243 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242243 LastLast