No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if its actually a 1 of 1 if you figure the other mix of options and such. Wouldn't be hard to get from 1 of 4 to 1 of 1. The traction lock alone might do it.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

We may never know. I was surprised seeing that figure to say the least.

AC still works good. 45 vent temp in this SUPER humid day.

And a quick shot of the hood hinges that I mentioned previously:

Makes me want to strip the cowl and firewall and shine all that up.....aint gonna happen....

OH almost forgot..in the engine bay shot you can see my powder coated lightning engine plaque:

It was powder coated gloss black then mocha metallic. Kinda matches the car!

Old one that I painted was failing:

Did it all myself After stripping the previously painted one:

Ready for powder:

Attached Files
      Last edited by 87gtVIC; 08-18-2019, 12:12 PM.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Color matched engine plate. Nice.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Beautiful!!!

Comment

Love it.
            2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
            2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
            Past Panthers
            1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
            if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
              That video is at idle with fan on low.

I also picked up the conversion fittings for eliminating the r12 schrader on the low side...My high side conversion fitting utilizes no extra push rod schrader. I also have new schrader valves ready to go. Last step is picking up a big ol jug of r134a. Thinking of just picking up a 30# one. Cost seems extremely fair.
              Buying a 30# cylinder requires an EPA license. There were a bunch of changes in the regulations on refrigerants effective January 1st, 2018, and that is the biggest that effects automotive. The other one that you'll encounter is that all r134a cans manufactured after that date must have a self-sealing valve on them, so if your gauge/hose setup is made to pierce the top of the cans it likely won't work with the new cans without an adapter (but the adapters are cheep, ~$3 at most parts stores). Of course, if you do HVAC or mechanic work professionally, you already know this and probably already have the license, just throwing it out there for those who don't.
              -Steve

2006 Audi A6 S-Line FWD ~132k miles, stock.
              1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS HPP ~102k miles, slowly acquiring modifications.
              1997 Lincoln Town Car Cartier ~145k miles, Ported Plenum, Gutted Airbox, Mechanical Fan Delete, Contour E-fan Retrofit, Dual exhaust, Cats ran away, KYB Gas-A-Justs, P71 front sway bar, air ride reinstalled, Blinker Mod, Projector headlight retrofit, Caddy 4-note horn retrofit, Wood rim steering wheel, rustbelt diet plan..
              1996 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 117,485mi. R.I.P. 7/14/12

Comment

Interesting. Still been seeing the pierce top cans in my area at the FLAPS and Wally World.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by BigMerc96 View Post
                  Buying a 30# cylinder requires an EPA license. There were a bunch of changes in the regulations on refrigerants effective January 1st, 2018, and that is the biggest that effects automotive. The other one that you'll encounter is that all r134a cans manufactured after that date must have a self-sealing valve on them, so if your gauge/hose setup is made to pierce the top of the cans it likely won't work with the new cans without an adapter (but the adapters are cheep, ~$3 at most parts stores). Of course, if you do HVAC or mechanic work professionally, you already know this and probably already have the license, just throwing it out there for those who don't.

I have the bottle in my possession.

Yes about self sealing cans requiring new adapters. Had it all ready.

I am no professional. Just an idiot with a bottle, a scale and a set of gauges.
                  ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Willing to let one of those lightning engine covers go?

Comment

Nope. I knew you would ask.
                      ~David~

Comment

Stretched the cars legs this morning. I am now (not only jinxing myself) finally confident in this motor since the multiple head bolt fiascos I have ran into since the cars engine build back in 2015 I believe. Took her as fast as I have ever taken her. Tach was around 6300 RPMs and the Speedo was just past its range. FYI Stock the Police calibrated speedos have a peg limiting travel of needle to 135...that is removed. No issues whatsoever. I am quite pleased. If it was going to let go now would have been the time. I am quite pleased to say the least.

~David~

Comment

That was a nice stretch of road!

How’d the car feel at that speed?

My 88 has been up to 105+/-5. That’s about all the lopo had in her, and the car felt... untrustworthy lol.
                          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

That sounded like it pulled good.

Like Tiggie asked, how does it feel at that speed? Any float or just smooth tracking?

My Cars:
                            -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
                            -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
                            -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
                            -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
                              That was a nice stretch of road!

How’d the car feel at that speed?

My 88 has been up to 105+/-5. That’s about all the lopo had in her, and the car felt... untrustworthy lol.

Originally posted by Kodachrome Wolf View Post
                              That sounded like it pulled good.

Like Tiggie asked, how does it feel at that speed? Any float or just smooth tracking?
                              Nothing overly concerned me with the feel of the car in this run above. I have noticed in prior runs on flat or slightly down hill stretches of road the car is not meant for full pull runs lol.

This particular run was slightly uphill, the roadway was quite smooth and the winds were very calm possibly all aiding in the overall feel of the car during the stretch. I was more concerned with the screaming engine than the feel of the car at that speed.
                              ~David~

Comment

THe feel of the car is somewhat important lest you be the one screaming as it goes off the road in a random direction.
                                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                                X