My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking good as always mang!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Looks good. How did you make the seat switch holes, drill a hole and then file it out to square ?
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thanks mangs. And Thain, almost. I drilled a 1/2" hole. That gave me the correct clearance for the switches to poke through. Then I squared off the circle with a sharpie then used a thin dremel attachment to get the circle square looking (the hole in the left of the photo). I cleaned up the squarish hole with a couple different files.

In order to even get to that point I had to mark those holes to drill'em. To do that I put blue painters tape on the back side of the seat trim and placed some butyl tape on the center joy stick then fitted the panel. The butyl leaves a mark on the tape. Drill on that mark. Drilling out the center joystick hole allowed me to mark out where the up down switches will be. Same method butyl tape. Drill out those holes then repeat for the two screws.

Oh and Thain Thanks a million for noticing them. Believe it or not I almost left the place without pulling them because I thought I may not be able to use it (I had power seats). My dad was in the truck section cutting out quarter/rocker pieces for his explorer. I decided I should grab them because when will you ever see them again?
        Last edited by 87gtVIC; 06-10-2012, 05:59 PM.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

That came out really nice. Car looks great as always.
          2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
          2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
          Past Panthers
          1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
          if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Not a problem. I'd much prefer that someone pull and use them than see a nearly unobtainable part turned into a cat food can.
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I can't believe that CV hasn't won any trophies. I would be willing to bet that most of the Mustangs and Camaros in the shows are nowhere near as nicely detailed as that CV.

Packman

Comment

he's gotta take it to a show first.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Yeah, not interested in shows, myself. Just enjoy driving them!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

I did win a trophy.
                    ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

As well it should.....

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Installed the passengers side seat trims today after making all of the necessary holes.

Next up is mocking up the police box panther oil cooler.
                        ~David~

Comment

Thanks by the way. Now I have to find a Mark VI with side seat trim to obtain, and then fit it to my car.

Comment

Yikes, that is going to be a tall order.
                            ~David~

Comment

Rock Auto order was put in today. Motor mounts are on the way. Will get to them someday, most likely when the bb swap goes underway.

Purchased a hood liner and clips a few weeks back as well. Takes about a month to get here though......Wonder if they are made to order?
                              ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                                Rock Auto order was put in today. Motor mounts are on the way. Will get to them someday, most likely when the bb swap goes underway.

Purchased a hood liner and clips a few weeks back as well. Takes about a month to get here though......Wonder if they are made to order?
                                Big Block swap?........TELL ME MORE!!!!!!!!....lol

Comment

Working...
                                X