• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tjc78 View Post
    There must be an inside joke I'm missing
    \

Nope. just Logan being stubborn.

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
    Watch out with those B&M converters, I had one balloon on me and I know Eric's had problems with them as well.
    I'm running it. May "I told you so" comments commence once my bubble pops.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Cleaned up my engine and o2 sensor harnesses today.

Before:

After some loving:

Newer tubing some labels, scrubbing the connectors down and adding tape makes a big difference.
      ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Holy shit. That looks like brand new!
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I'm glad to see you labeled the O2 sensor plugs. You should avoid the issues I had when I went HO.

Comment

Looks great Dave I love how you detailed you are with everything

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
            302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
            k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Thanks guys. And John, you had the o2 harness reversed and that was messing with the computer?

Covered the front of the frame with rust encapsulator. Masked off any areas I did not want to get any paint on and went to town. Did two coats. Rolled it on for the open areas and in the tight areas I used foam brushes and aerosols. Next step is extreme chassis black paint. If anyone is curious...this was about 1 full quart of rust encapsulator.

Just have to let this stuff dry for a day then I am good to go with the next step.

I guess in the future I will take care of the control arms again. I painted them before I installed them however long ago that was. The primer is holding tight but the top coat is not. The primer was a sherwin williams self etch primer and the top coat was duplicolor caliper paint. The caliper paint is checking off.

I will also treat the wheel wells with rubberized undercoating (front and rear) as I have a bunch of cans of it from eastwood.
              Last edited by 87gtVIC; 02-28-2016, 06:12 PM.
              ~David~

Comment

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Nice! Looking good. The ceramic paint is great for higher temps, but tends to have poor impact resistance. Its probably chipping off from being hit by road debris

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                  \ And John, you had the o2 harness reversed and that was messing with the computer?
                  Yes. That's also what probably ailed Project 79. Did the exact same stuff.
                  Also. What did you determine as left and right? From standing in front of the car or left as in driver side and right as passenger?
                  Last edited by 86VickyLX; 02-29-2016, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Freakin beautiful!!! When I rebuilt the front suspension, I was able to get to the frame above the wheels, but not inside the engine compartment. That Eastwood Extreme Chassis black is glossy. I painted the '06 PI wheels with that. It's a kawinkydink that I am currently looking to replace my O2 sensor plugs after snapping the retaining strap thingys. Probably gonna extend them when I get my engine out. I now know what to look forward to when I pull the lopo out.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                      Also. What did you determine as left and right? From standing in front of the car or left as in driver side and right as passenger?
                      It hurts my brain that it could have been the cause.
                      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Marquis GT View Post
                        It hurts my brain that it could have been the cause.
                        I wouldn't count on it, there's been more then just project 79 that just didn't run right with similar mods, my 87 CP included, and I know for a fact it wasn't wired wrong.
                        2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                        2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                          Left is drivers side, right is passengers side.

Originally posted by packman View Post
                          Freakin beautiful!!! When I rebuilt the front suspension, I was able to get to the frame above the wheels, but not inside the engine compartment. That Eastwood Extreme Chassis black is glossy. I painted the '06 PI wheels with that. It's a kawinkydink that I am currently looking to replace my O2 sensor plugs after snapping the retaining strap thingys. Probably gonna extend them when I get my engine out. I now know what to look forward to when I pull the lopo out.

Packman

Oh yeah its shiny! I have the rest of my frame coated in that stuff. Of course those parts are all dirty but when first applied it is MINT.
                          ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                            Cleaned up my engine and o2 sensor harnesses today.

Before:

After some loving:

Newer tubing some labels, scrubbing the connectors down and adding tape makes a big difference.
                            How'd you make those labels.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                            The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                            It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

I have a DYMO Rhino label maker.
                              ~David~

Comment

I was going to borrow the Brother label maker from work when the time comes. Pretty sure most of the OEM labels are covered in oil; or long gone.

Packman

Comment

Working...
                                X