No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice find on those armrest/cup holders ! They cleaned up really well. Sure wish I could find some maroon ones

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
      so happy you're sideways
      Apparently.

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
      Oooo integrated hideaway cup holders! I would go for that upgrade.
      I found out some have cup holders while others don't. I got damn lucky. I believe I see some with coin holders in place of the flip out cup holders.

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
      Nice find on those armrest/cup holders ! They cleaned up really well. Sure wish I could find some maroon ones
      In leather? I seen some in cloth in Grebles U pull it, Myerstown PA. Ill keep my eyes out for them. I now have a 21mm in the junkyard tool kit. I had to go out special and pick one up just for these armrests so now it lives with the other junkyard tools.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I got lucky. They just fit with the mans trans set up/shifter I have installed. My height helps too as the seat is back just enough. Cup holder on the drivers armrest is useless though. May end up removing the cup holder (looks like two screws) and gain some extra storage space in the drivers cubby. P.side cup holder clears...ma be in the way with a cup in place and going into reverse. Compromises.....

Before:

One and one comparing the size difference:

And all installed:

Video showing it off:

OH they are REALLY tight in the car. Kinda fight eachother if moving the seat back and forth....Overall very happy though.
        Attached Files
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Hey, I would like ones in red cloth if you go back to that U-pull-it! WagonMan
          89 Colony Park
          90 Colony Park
          70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

It will now be something I will be keeping a better eye out on for sure. They are neat and I am sure others would like them as well.
            ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
              OH they are REALLY tight in the car.
              Pretty damn well considering those armrests nor the floor shifter ever came in these cars.
              Front middleseat probably out of use since the manual swap?

My friends '84 Ford Fiesta is so tight that he pretty much got into second base with his gf by shifting to 4th.
              Now it has bucket seats so there's less accidental thigh fondling.
              1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
              1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

If you decide to sell them, let me know. I will dye them to match

Comment

Originally posted by Arquemann View Post
                  Pretty damn well considering those armrests nor the floor shifter ever came in these cars.
                  Front middleseat probably out of use since the manual swap?

My friends '84 Ford Fiesta is so tight that he pretty much got into second base with his gf by shifting to 4th.
                  Now it has bucket seats so there's less accidental thigh fondling.
                  I think I was the last one to sit in the middle front seat when my pops owned it! The seat belt has been removed for a LONG time before I put the 5 speed in.

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
                  If you decide to sell them, let me know. I will dye them to match
                  I am for sure holding onto these. I will pick them up from the yards from now on though if I come across them.
                  ~David~

Comment

wow... that is stupid tight. But if it fits... it sits.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post

I found out some have cup holders while others don't. I got damn lucky. I believe I see some with coin holders in place of the flip out cup holders.
                      All Signature and above late 1992-1994 have that style of armrest with fold out cupholders. Change holder is 95-97 which don't have fold out cupholders and wouldn't even work on the older seats as they mount in a U shaped mount on the seat bottom not the seat back.
                      1997 Grand Marquis LS HPP
                      2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

- Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Pvt.Hudson View Post
                        All Signature and above late 1992-1994 have that style of armrest with fold out cupholders. Change holder is 95-97 which don't have fold out cupholders and wouldn't even work on the older seats as they mount in a U shaped mount on the seat bottom not the seat back.
                        Bingo. What I came to post.
                        -Nick M.
                        Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
                        03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

Originally posted by Pvt.Hudson View Post
                          Originally posted by TecNickal View Post
                          Bingo. What I came to post.
                          Thanks for the information. That helps out a ton.
                          ~David~

Comment

Nice! The arm rests look good! I remember having the armrest cup holders in both my 94 and 97 Towncars. The only thing I wished was that they were designed that they weren't so shallow. 24oz 7-11 coffee cup is a bit top heavy in them. lol

Side note, I had an issue recently with RockAuto (first time in YEARS) where the bleeder valve on a re-man caliper I bought was helicoiled. When I went to bleed the brakes, the bleeder and the whole insert spun.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by slack View Post
                              Nice! The arm rests look good! I remember having the armrest cup holders in both my 94 and 97 Towncars. The only thing I wished was that they were designed that they weren't so shallow. 24oz 7-11 coffee cup is a bit top heavy in them. lol

Side note, I had an issue recently with RockAuto (first time in YEARS) where the bleeder valve on a re-man caliper I bought was helicoiled. When I went to bleed the brakes, the bleeder and the whole insert spun.
                              The term cup holder is definitely used loosely with these ones. Seems like such a task for manufacturers to get a cup holder right.

I'll have to look out for the helicoil bit. Would make me unhappy for sure.
                              ~David~

Comment

Scooped up a radio out of a 1983 MK VI while on my previous JY trip. Car was really clean. Totaled by a front end collision unfortunately.

This is a NON premium sound radio so no amp. Took her apart yesterday and found one belt was broken. Took off the old belts cleaned the pulleys up and installed some new ones and I have an awesome back up radio to my other one. This one works even better. Totally clean while making adjustments on any knob. Really excited to have a good back up. Cassette cleaned up nicely too after using some head cleaning tape and demagnatizer.

Working:

Then I put the ol'gal in the backyard for the season but not before giving her a quick ONR bath and a quick all in one wax job.

Attached Files
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X