My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arquemann View Post
    ...You went with your old armrests (covers?), any reason? Those armrests from slack's seats looked fine to me. Or are the armrests hard to remove from the top part fo the seat frame you mentioned?
    This.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by Arquemann View Post

You went with your old armrests (covers?), any reason? Those armrests from slack's seats looked fine to me. Or are the armrests hard to remove from the top part fo the seat frame you mentioned?
      Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
      This.
      They are indeed fine. I have "LTD" stitched into them so I am quite fond of them. Plus it helps tie the seats back into the door panels.

They are extremely easy to remove and replace if I decide to do to so.

Also thanks everybody for the compliments. I am very pleased with the end result.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Very nice! Some reason I thought your original seats were in better shape; or perhaps I was mistaken.

I hated vinyl and leather in my younger days when I still wore shorts. So painful in the summer heat.

Comment

Looks much better! Nice job.
          2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
          2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
          Past Panthers
          1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
          if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
            Very nice! Some reason I thought your original seats were in better shape; or perhaps I was mistaken.

I hated vinyl and leather in my younger days when I still wore shorts. So painful in the summer heat.
            Thanks. The seat covers I had made things look pretty good. I did a good job (at least in the front as the covers fit entirely) at masking them.

Originally posted by tjc78 View Post
            Looks much better! Nice job.
            Thank you.
            ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Went for the first drive with the new to me seats. Just so darn happy with how much more complete a set of factory seats makes the interior look.

Quick shot of the back:

Had some weepage from the master cylinder cap. Picked up a dorman help part (only part sold by rockauto even) 42098. Looked identical to the original caps seal so in it went. Looked dry around the reservoir after the first drive. Fingers crossed. Was sneaking out under the cap and down the sides and slowly collecting on the seam of the reservoir.

Attached Files
              ~David~

Comment

Oh yes! The seat covers were nice (i hate personally seat covers), but I always thought they were holding your interior back from its full potential. Love that you found these seats!
                -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

I was always curious what the seats looked like under those covers!

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                  The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                  It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

...a kid who endured two hour drives with grandparents while passing time by peeling my legs off the leather seats...
                    Same.
                    Add sliding across the seat and smashing on the side like a runaway case of beer in a truck bed..when my uncle 'Armor-Alled' the entire inside of his Giant cars.

Nice to see those survivor seats getting new farts installed. They look great.
                    All FORD All The Time

Comment

Originally posted by clutch47 View Post
                      Same.
                      Add sliding across the seat and smashing on the side like a runaway case of beer in a truck bed..when my uncle 'Armor-Alled' the entire inside of his Giant cars...
                      LoL we'd take advantage of that whenever grandpa drove. Give ourselves headstarts at the onset of a turn and then smash into each other. No seatbelts or car seats.
                      Originally posted by clutch47 View Post
                      ...Nice to see those survivor seats getting new farts installed...
                      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I think those old seats had too many farts installed.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I've always hated leather seats since I was a kid riding around in my grandma's 1977 Grand Prix during San Antonio summers. Only car I've ever owned that has leather seats is my 1995 Mustang Cobra. I'd swap to cloth in a heartbeat if I could find a clean set of seats somewhere.
                          —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
                          1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
                          1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
                          1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                            I think those old seats had too many farts installed.
                            Oh, there's plenty of farts in those new seats as well. At least the driver's seat. Besides the daily, that car made many trips from Long Island to York, PA. Sorry David! lol

Originally posted by Giraffe View Post
                            I've always hated leather seats since I was a kid riding around in my grandma's 1977 Grand Prix during San Antonio summers. Only car I've ever owned that has leather seats is my 1995 Mustang Cobra. I'd swap to cloth in a heartbeat if I could find a clean set of seats somewhere.
                            I had leather seats in both my Lincolns and all my Cadillacs. I swore off leather after owning the last one. I don't want to burn my legs again while wearing shorts and getting into the car during Summer.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

I loved the leather in my Mark VIII.
                              I rubbed it down with Maguires Leather conditioner every spring, and those seats were like Velvet lips kissing my dupa.
                              Relative to the amount of brewed beverages consumed in that part of my life, those seats took a serious beating and proved to be impervious to noxious gas injection.
                              Good job FoMoCo.
                              All FORD All The Time

Comment

LoL we'd take advantage of that whenever grandpa drove. Give ourselves headstarts at the onset of a turn and then smash into each other. No seatbelts or car seats.

We would ask my Mom which way she was turning next & stage Hot Wheels in the correct side of the package shelf. She would whip around the turns & let em fly.
                                Last edited by mitymerc; 07-21-2021, 10:59 AM. Reason: speeling

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Working...
                                X