My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

hey everyone. I figured i would start a thread about my panther. These are some Upgrades and Events Surrounding The Brown Blob.

The car has been mine since 2004, but I only started driving it in 2006. Before that my father owned it for over 8 years, so you can kinda say it has been in the family for most of its life.

It has automatic headlamps, power antenna, power windows, power door locks, power mirrors, power d.side seat, cruise control, tripminder, automatic climate control, vinyl interior and ruffly over a 115,000 miles on the beast.

It has undergone many subtle appearance modifications such as blue l.e.d. courtesy lighting, a 140 PI speedometer, mustang halo headrests, custom stitched armrests, carpeted dash and deck lid, matching seat covers all around the car, tinted it myself, installed a new headliner myself, dual gauge a pillar molding, flashing l.e.d. alarm installed in 140 PI speedo, keyless entry and trunk release, chrome ford flame overlay on trunk, t-304 stainless steel exhaust tips, true dual exhaust, custom center console complete with curtsey lighting and green night lighting, two 10inch green neon tubes next to back seats, green 5 l.e.d. bulbs in speedo, amp gauge, airfuel gauge, volt gauge, oil psi. gauge, water temp. gauge, as well as a tach. I have installed a complete sound system equipped with a 4 channel Jensen 1300 watt amp, Pioneer dehp4000ub head unit, 7 interior speakers, and a jensen sub in a mtx audio box.

Some recent modifications to the car were the installation of rear wagon springs, rear PI sway bar, 3.08's, and hopefull soon to come a complete HO conversion OR a 4 barrel carbed supercharger set up, and some better rear gears.

I was hit on the p. side of the car in april of 2006, and have just since acquired a new p. side door thanks to John (86VickyLx), and have just completed the installation of the door.

Ok i guess i shall show some pics if you havent seen the car already.

I know that was alot to look through, and that is just a basic timeline of what has happened to my car. If you have seen anything you like or whatever shout it out i would like to hear what you have to say. And if you see anything you would like to do just ask and i will assist.

-David
    Last edited by 87gtVIC; 01-23-2011, 04:28 PM.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

great job mang, looks much better...now just pop out the dents in the rear fender and remove the side molding(or replace it on the door) and she'll look perfect!

sure is a nice car!

is it just me, or is the front bumper a little misalligned?
    sigpic
    1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

DAMN you Colin you have spotted the flaw regarding the front bumper. yea it was like that before my dad got the car. I see that the bumper shock is pushed in a bit. Will try to pop that out, but i think the entire bumper is twisted and it may not go back into place.
      ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Damn that is a clean box!!! You did an awesome job getting those dents out of the pass. side door. Once the rest of the body work is done, that'll be pristine. Great work!!!

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
          Damn that is a clean box!!! You did an awesome job getting those dents out of the pass. side door. Once the rest of the body work is done, that'll be pristine. Great work!!!

Packman
          Thanks for the compliment. But sry for the confusion, those dents were not pulled. I will spell it out in pics...

^^Car with bad door^^

^^Bad door off of car^^

^^New door from junkyard^^

^^New door painted^^

^^New door installed^^

There was no way in saving that door, to tell you the truth. I was lucky enough to find a near perfect condition p.side door from a yard.
          ~David~

Comment

And just to put the nail in the coffin on that one take a look at this. Muuuaaahahahah.

~David~

Comment

The new PS door looks great on there. I really like your tudor, Keep up the good work!

Comment

Looks great!! Did you recently switch to different turbines??
                '79 Continental Town Car
                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                  Looks great!! Did you recently switch to different turbines??
                  Thanks. No I have not switched to different turbines. I know in the picture it shows a spare on the ground. I had another spare in the rear of my yard, but it was caked with axle shit because the car i ripped it off of had a leaky axle seal. i got two extra turbins because in the winter i have truck tires that i put on the rear, that were usually mounted on a set of steelies, but i have the new turbines for that. And anyways i believe those are the original turbines on the car.

~David~

Comment

I'm sorry mang...it's still great. hardly noticable. Only panther mang would.
                    sigpic
                    1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Winter Wheels Installed on Turbines Installed on Car

Some pics from today..

Just popped on the new turbines from the JY with my winter tires (just rear) mounted on them.

Sort of gives the vic a drag car stance or something. Me likey very much.

usually i had the winter tires mounted on some steelies, but i like it when everything matches.

Some firestones from years back when they were exploding on the ford exploders.

i got them up to 120mph, before i knew they were recall tires, i don't think i will be going that fast in them now.

BEFORE SNOW TIRES ON REAR

AFTER SNOW TIRES ON REAR

~David~

Comment

My favorite is the drivers side mirror. LOL!
                        Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
                        AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
                        Open/Lock/Ratio #
                        -----------------------
                        G / H / 2.26
                        B / C / 2.47
                        8 / M / 2.73
                        7 / - / 3.07
                        Y / Z / 3.08
                        4 / D / 3.42
                        F / R / 3.45
                        5 / E / 3.27
                        6 / W / 3.73
                        2 / K / 3.55
                        A / - / 3.63
                        J / - / 3.85

Comment

nice rake! the taller tires will give you a more snow-friendly drive ratio too...
                          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                          sigpic
                          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

yea, that does look nice.
                            I had a set of those given to me by Ivan(MLSC) but I never ended up putting them on.
                            sigpic
                            1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

How many winters has the Brown Blob seen?
                              '79 Continental Town Car
                              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                              X