Clear All

Would you look at that. Interesting.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
      How can I examine if there is a blanket of fuzz on the evaporator? Where is it visible from?
      Pull the fan out, you can see part of the evaporator through that opening. Only way to really get more access is to remove the thing unfortunately.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Evaporator is not really difficult to do. 2 bolts on the bottom of the case under the hood. 1 or 2 on the top and the whole assembly comes out. You should remove or peel back the inner fender liner. It would also be the ideal time to replace the blower motor resistor. I've done quite a few of the Evaporator cores on these cars. The later ones are slightly easier because they added a retaining bolt from the inside of the car. Other than that the process to remove the EVAP case is identical from 1979 to 2011. The 2011 case even lines up with every bolt hole on the firewall of a 80s model.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
          Pull the fan out, you can see part of the evaporator through that opening. Only way to really get more access is to remove the thing unfortunately.
          Got it.

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
          Evaporator is not really difficult to do. 2 bolts on the bottom of the case under the hood. 1 or 2 on the top and the whole assembly comes out. You should remove or peel back the inner fender liner. It would also be the ideal time to replace the blower motor resistor. I've done quite a few of the Evaporator cores on these cars. The later ones are slightly easier because they added a retaining bolt from the inside of the car. Other than that the process to remove the EVAP case is identical from 1979 to 2011. The 2011 case even lines up with every bolt hole on the firewall of a 80s model.

Thanks John.

I also picked up a condenser. Says it is for 134a. Cannot be all that bad. I didnt speak to John beforehand. Hope I dont regret it. lol
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Went down to Johns place this past Saturday to exchange some parts and to have him tune/look over my car a bit. While down in Jersey, John and I met up with Phil. Seen his LTD-S the wagon and his Maverick that will be getting painted shortly. Phil then came along for a ride in the Brown Blob while John was working his magic on the car. Some highlights from the visit below.

While with John I went for a ride in his Vicky. That car is FUN and wild. Thanks again for your time. Appreciate everything. I had a good day.
            ~David~

Comment

"You're adequately fueled."

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

You're starting to sound more New York.

Sorry I couldn't catch up with you guys, was out at Carlisle. Two box Vics there, one 89 and one 86 four door. No box GMs, and I think there were 3 box Towncars, one of them a limo. You really should bring this sometime, its not exactly a show rich with Panther cars. Better than half of what was there total were Marauders, and I think that was like 20 ?

I think my injectors run more duty cycle. What size are you running?

and is it better now?
                Last edited by gadget73; 06-02-2019, 08:21 PM.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

24 pounders. Single hole ford pieces.

Nothing was actually wrong aside from what my afr gauge was reading. Turns out something with my afr gauge is on the fritz as it did not put forth similar readings to Johns inovate afr gauge. Main concern was to see if the car is okay. It is though the tune that was on it wasn’t optimal. It had wrong injector data and I think John tweaked with the maf curve as well as a bunch of other things I know nothing about.
                  Last edited by 87gtVIC; 06-03-2019, 05:47 AM.
                  ~David~

Comment

Wow you guys were five minutes from my house when you went through the new tunnel on RT42. Next time you are getting together this way shoot me a PM ... maybe we can hook up for a quick beer (or three).
                    2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                    2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                    Past Panthers
                    1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                    if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Originally posted by tjc78 View Post
                      Wow you guys were five minutes from my house when you went through the new tunnel on RT42. Next time you are getting together this way shoot me a PM ... maybe we can hook up for a quick beer (or three).
                      Small world!

Took the old gal out this morning. Snapped a few pics on the nice day:

Attached Files
                      ~David~

Comment

Whipped the car around after work for a bit. Need a good spot (safe area) for a nice line lock video....again the smoke comes instantly and FAST.

~David~

Comment

Here is me getting annihilated by a charger. Some sorta bee emblem was on the side of it. I was moving and he was basically pushing me to get out of the way lol. Then he just zips around me like nobodies business in the end. It was fun times. You get some good engine notes out of the vid at least.

~David~

Comment

The 8-speed auto gave the Charger a slight advantage. The 6-speed auto in the wife’s Escape turns the 2.5L into a rocket in gears 1-3.
                            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I think the 370 HP and nearly 400lbs of torque also plays a part.
                              2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                              2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                              Past Panthers
                              1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                              if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Originally posted by tjc78 View Post
                                I think the 370 HP and nearly 400lbs of torque also plays a part.
                                This. The SRT8 Super Bee is quite a beast.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                                Originally posted by dmccaig
                                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                                X