• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naval Jelly works great, I use it all the time
    Your car looks great but you already knew that lmao

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
      Thats how mine is hooked up. Single hose to manifold vacuum, the Y fitting to the vacuum dump valve.

make sure the dump valve is holding vacuum. I've had adjustment problems with that before.

Well I certainly did mess with that as I had the entire pedal assembly out and swapped bits to the new one. All added to the list to check.

Thanks for the confirmation on the vacuum hoses.

Originally posted by massacre View Post
      Naval Jelly works great, I use it all the time
      Your car looks great but you already knew that lmao

Thanks.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Productive day.

Installed a secondary oil catch can to put in place of the steeda one I was running between the air intake at the throttle body and the oil fill on the valve cover. No oil EVER found its way in there yet but I replaced the steeda directional catch can with a nice moroso 85632 omni directional one on a custom bracket I welded up similar to how the old steeda one was held into place.

The brackets for the primary oil catch can (the big guy) between the PCV valve and the intake as well as the new mini catch can were all powdercoated last week after a thorough media blasting. Stock moroso brackets were powdercoated in gloss black and the bracket I whipped up for the mini can was powdercoated in OEM wheel sparkle silver.

The oil fill cap was sandblasted, powdercoated in gloss black THEN mocha metallic to match the color of the car. Just like the lightning plaque I have on the tubular intake.

Then I set out to fix the cruise control..speed control. Issue is it was no longe functioning after the 5 speed swap. I had to make a new bracket up for the cruise amplifier and it turns out there was a broken tab within the connector that wet unnoticed and the wire never made contact. It was a wire leading out to the cruise servo...white with purple or pink. I also made sure the cruise brake dump valve was functioning and also butted it closer to the brake pedals contact.

I then checked out the ohms between "off," "set accell," and the likes according to the EVTM and they were not exactly where they should be. Pulled the steering wheel off and cleaned the contacts at the back of the steering wheel as well as the three plungers that make contact with that circuit when the wheel is bolted back into place. Still had crappy readings but I jacked up the car and place it on my recalled HF stands as that was all that was available (jack stood under pumpkin for extra safety) and tested the cruise out. All was good. Great.

Then I proceeded to install my latest Line lock switch set up. It utilizes a wagon T.Gate switch as well as the cruise off button.

Hit tgate switch down and that activates a timer off relay. the time off relay gives power to a standard relay that awaits for a ground signal (provided from the cruise off switch) that then gives ground to another standard relay that ultimately turned a triggered ground into a triggered power for the line lock solenoid.

Hit tgate then your line lock is armed for about 2 and a half minutes. During this time you can hit cruise "off" and it will illuminate a LL indicator light as well as the solenoid itself. After the ~2 minutes cruise "off" functions as normal through the normally closed contact of the first standard relay.

The timer off relay is basically taking that momentary switch of the T.GATE and holding power for that ~2 minutes. I wanted a factory looking way of doing it all and this surely is it. Cruise still works after this install too.

I also ditched the LL switch on the shifter and installed a HURST shifter boot metal plaque on top of the boot.
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Pix, pix!!!!

Comment

Everything is better with pictures.

Installed a mustang dip stick tube today as the stock location was getting kinda busy with the air intake, booster vacuum and clutch cable fighting for space with the dip stick.

Pic of the new dipstick location as well as the latest moroso catch can on the egr spacer:

My hurst boot trim:

Raptor shift light and raptor indicator light (hooked up for line lock) mounted behind A/C vents:

Green LED Raptor Shift light:

Red LED Raptor Indicator light for LL:

The T.Gate Switch below the antenna switch (which is wired as a Line Lock Arm Switch):

And the wiring gibberish to get the T.Gate switch to arm the line lock and have the factory cruise "off" switch activate the line lock:

And some general bay pics:

Attached Files
            Last edited by 87gtVIC; 05-27-2020, 04:11 PM.
            ~David~

Comment

That is freaking sweet.
              Do you have to hold t-gate for LL?

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Nice and clean. Things don't look out of place to the untrained eye, and to the trained eye things fit in well enough to possibly go un-noticed. Or at least look like it should have been built that way from the factory.
                Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
                  That is freaking sweet.
                  Do you have to hold t-gate for LL?
                  You tap the t-gate to arm the line lock. That momentary power triggers the timer off relay which then powers two additional relays for roughly 2 and a half minutes. During that time you hold the cruise "off" button to activate the line lock.

Release the cruise "off" button to release the line lock solenoid. Light in drivers side left ac vent illuminates when cruise "off" button is ONLY when the t-gate button armed the line lock system.

So line lock ONLY works if you first tap the t gate button and then hold the cruise "off"

Cruise control buttons operate and function normally otherwise.

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
                  Nice and clean. Things don't look out of place to the untrained eye, and to the trained eye things fit in well enough to possibly go un-noticed. Or at least look like it should have been built that way from the factory.
                  Thanks. I kinda try to keep things clean and stock like. Some things stand out but one can only do so much.
                  ~David~

Comment

It looks very factory, well, all aside from the shifter.

I'm 100% positive Vanguard Motor Sales would love to buy that from you and then sell it for $50 grand or more..
                    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Holy hell. I just checked out Vanguard Motor Sales. Prices galore. Cars look nice from the quick thumbnail pics I viewed. Looks nicer than my car.
                      ~David~

Comment

Nice work. NICE car. As a few said before, it appears as though it came that way from FoMoCo.
                        All FORD All The Time

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                          Holy hell. I just checked out Vanguard Motor Sales. Prices galore. Cars look nice from the quick thumbnail pics I viewed. Looks nicer than my car.
                          Hahaha, yup, that's them. Of course, all the videos on YouTube have their comments section disabled. Most of their cars look great, that's their thing. Not nicer than your car though. At least your dome light works, over 75% of their cars can't say that haha. He's never sold a box Mercury before, definitely not modded like yours. For shits and grins you should show your car to them, wonder what they'd offer. Then tell us so we can laugh at how badly that dude was prepared to lowball you.
                          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Some casual driving easy shifting:

~David~

Comment

Can it bark 2nd? 3rd?

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

I haven’t tried. I am really trying to make it last and I am still learning how to shift so I am shifting slowly.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X