PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 230 of 232 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232 LastLast
Results 4,581 to 4,600 of 4630

Thread: My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

The header panel harness in a Fox car also lays along the frame rail where our steering box would be. They don't have less wiring, its just routed a little different. If you really took a look under the hood of either of my Foxes you'd be baffled with the amount of wiring in there, but its not quite as visible on first glance.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Member of the Orb Alliance packman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    There is a bunch of room inside of the fender but aside from that I dont believe there is anywhere do hide anything. We have to remember here that foxes have strut towers that can hide wiring.

I have what I believe to be an awful amount of wires in the bay. It would be cool to make them go away but it would come with a ton of effort. Wiring things up nicely take a large amount of time.
    Understood. I should probably focus on getting the car running anyways. Then maybe worry about aesthetics

I post a lot...

/\ /\ Truth

'10 Escape LTD. V6 AWD, K&N, VentVisors, Bullitt wheels.

‘87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars, Dead AOD.....

'91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, 'Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts...

Speaking of aesthetics....

I axed the ugly salt shaker connector over by the air box/washer fluid reservoir....you know...this one:

and now:

And finished the Line Loc install.

Its visible underneath the master cylinder. Its bracket shape was based off of the factory brackets that aero and whale panthers sport for some wiring connectors.

I made up brake lines by picking up two more 98 to 02 NON abs front drivers side brakes lines from the junkyard and bending/cutting and flaring them to work with the hurst unit. All is good and the line loc functions!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1427.jpg   IMG_1426.jpg   IMG_1403.jpg  
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

I post a lot...

Inquiring minds want to know....

Have you undercoated the rear wheelwells?

Anything left of your rear tires?

‘87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars, Dead AOD.....

'91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, 'Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts...

Fastest Box In South Jersey 86VickyLX's Avatar

Brent did some wire tucking with his 87 Grand Marquis. (VisionMercury)
    "Vicky" 1986 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX ..................................."Blue" 1992 Mercury Grand Marquis LS

Vicky
    Too much stuff to list in my signature...
    Blue
    Gone! But Parts from it will live on in others!

Quote Originally Posted by mitymerc View Post
    Inquiring minds want to know....

Have you undercoated the rear wheelwells?

Anything left of your rear tires?
    Negative on roasting them.

I tested it the lame way. While front of car was still up in air (as I had to bleed the front brakes after introducing the LL) I tested normal braking function then applied brakes, held switch, released brakes and confirmed that the fronts were still holding pressure. Released switch and brakes released as well.
    ~David~

I post a lot...

I am expecting a dash cam vid w/cam looking backwards LOL

In Time Jim

In preparation for the mans trans I have installed an axle girdle. Seeing the ring gear fly out the rear cover is cool but I dont want that souvenir.

Old set up....

New set up....

Painted the rear sway bar to match my front one...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1492.jpg   IMG_1486.jpg   IMG_1489.jpg   IMG_1490.jpg   IMG_1491.jpg  

~David~

honestly the rear-facing fill and drain plugs are almost enough to warrant one. No drain and having to fill it from the other side where access is poor sucks.

5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Quote Originally Posted by gadget73 View Post
    honestly the rear-facing fill and drain plugs are almost enough to warrant one. No drain and having to fill it from the other side where access is poor sucks.
    QFT!

If I ever do get serious with my car... this will be one of the first things to go on it.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 88 MGM (SOLD), 93 Vic, 2000 Crown Vic, 2003 Expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Yeah, completely agree. Not having to redo the gasket every time you drain the oil out would be a nice to have. (Probably would actually change it instead of the one change I did like 5 years ago...)

Quote Originally Posted by 87gtVIC
    Painted the rear sway bar to match my front one...
    Really digging the color on the rear sway bar.

I post a lot...

Almost all my 8.8's have girdles.
    I've broken too many rears.

And yes the poor pour issue is mostly resolved.

I still found the rear drain/fill more convenient with the bottles of juice I had for the rear.

Quote Originally Posted by slack View Post
    Yeah, completely agree. Not having to redo the gasket every time you drain the oil out would be a nice to have. (Probably would actually change it instead of the one change I did like 5 years ago...)

Really digging the color on the rear sway bar.
    I did install the nice gasket that came with it. The mounting flange on this cover is THICK. Figured it would be okay to use it. Siliconed all the rest of them before this one.

Almost all my 8.8's have girdles.
    I've broken too many rears.

And yes the poor pour issue is mostly resolved.
    I think If i purchased the pump that attaches to the bottle it would be more convenient.
    ~David~

The pump is way easier than the 1 qt bottles. At least its not like a marine outdrive. Those you fill from the bottom until it starts running out of the top hole. Basically impossible to do without a pump.

I post a lot...

I haven't seen the pump you are referring to. I had a small hand transfer pump but it was more trouble than it was worth.
    I have a hose affixed to the spout & squeeeeze.
    I'll have to check out the proper pump.

I haven't seen the pump you are referring to. I had a small hand transfer pump but it was more trouble than it was worth.
    I have a hose affixed to the spout & squeeeeze.
    I'll have to check out the proper pump.
    Pretty much any autoparts store and Harbor Freight sell em. Its basically a higher volume version of the pump you'd find on a bottle of hand soap and it has a hose attached. They have 2 sets of threads to screw onto most oil containers along with different length tubes to get to the bottom of most common size oil bottles (standard quart, gear oil quart, and gallon/5qt jug). I have one that I use for differentials, it does leave a little bit in the bottom of the bottle, but its probably less than I'd end up spilling without it so I consider it a net gain, the only oil that gets spilled is the few drops out of the hose when you are done.
    -Steve

1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS HPP ~95k miles, slowly acquiring modifications.
    1997 Lincoln Town Car Cartier ~145k miles, Ported Plenum, Gutted Airbox, Mechanical Fan Delete, Contour E-fan Retrofit, Dual exhaust, Cats ran away, KYB Gas-A-Justs, P71 front sway bar, air ride reinstalled, Blinker Mod, Projector headlight retrofit, Caddy 4-note horn retrofit, Wood rim steering wheel retrofit, all natural weight reduction as the parts fall off..
    1996 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 117,485mi. R.I.P. 7/14/12

Gonna need that girdle on my limo rear. Can’t wait to see those amazing pedal installed!!
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Marquis GT View Post
    Gonna need that girdle on my limo rear. Can’t wait to see those amazing pedal installed!!
    Yeah me too. Only thing I dont have at this point in time is the transmission and bell housing. Have all other components ready to roll.
    ~David~

Went out this morning and started tearing into the passengers side door. Goal was to replace door lock actuator because it was acting slow as well as paint the silver stripes in my door panel pull handle.

Got into the door and discovered that one of the door lock linkages was rubbing a bit too much inside the door panel armrest. Little tweak with a pair of pliers and problem was solved. I am happy about that as I was kinda dreading removing the door lock actuator....

Next up was painting the pull handle. I painted the drivers side one a couple years back when I had to remove the door panel for something....so I decided to do this side now as I had the panel off. The chrome tape was peeling off of the aftermarket JC whitney door panel pull handles and I needed to fix that.

After peeing off all the old stuff I was left with this:

Honestly the black is not bad looking..BUT I did the drivers side a year ago so I had to do this side to match.

After masking and painting...scuffed surface, used adhesion promoter and some interior metallic trim paint I was left with this:

Then I labled up my under hood fuse box:

and reinstalled the newly painted rear CVPI sway bar:

All so it could match my front one:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1510.jpg   IMG_1508.jpg   IMG_1509.jpg   IMG_1506.jpg  
    ~David~

Page 230 of 232 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232 LastLast