No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw the title and was like where the fuck did this brown thunder come from and how did I miss it lol.
    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Wait, your car just started to look really good, not that it didn't look good already. Are you painting it brown again? Also I will explode like a 16yr old girl who's friend won't tell her who the boy she likes is going to ask to prom if you don't tell me what you bought this instant.
      "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
      1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Originally posted by 91grandmarquis View Post
        explode like a 16yr old girl who's friend won't tell her who the boy she likes is going to ask to prom
        lmao that's happened to me before (and it was like a week ago) to avoid that experience again...TELL US!!!!!! Please?
        Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
        New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Originally posted by 91grandmarquis View Post
          Also I will explode like a 16yr old girl who's friend won't tell her who the boy she likes is going to ask to prom if you don't tell me what you bought this instant.
          Yikes! That car is really starting to show some good progress man.
          1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
          2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
          sigpic

Comment

Im not fairing so well atm, this one is going to be close.
            "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
            1985 GMC 1500

Comment

lol Thanks guys...It has been an extremely long time coming (over a year and a half) but the car is getting there...Oh and about the secret item I am sorta making it out to be more exciting than it really is...and I wont tell yet. I want to install it first...It would just be replacing one thing that is currently IN the car with another one that is meant for it....

Oh and I have a good condition license plate bucket that will get primered and painted when the time comes and yes I will be going with a dark metallic brown color.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

how the hell did you cut those clean holes?! i've attempted to do this and failed miserably... the second hole cracked the face of the speedo..... im a moron. i'll post some pictures soon. im was so ashamed that its been 8 months since i tried this.

great progress btw. i was always and still am a fan of the BROWN BLOB! keep up the great work!!
                sigpic
                67 Ltd tudor
                67 Ltd 4door
                85 Ltd 4door

Comment

Haha thanks the Brown Blob has some fans!

Cutting those holes was a very nerve racking experience. But slow and steady I made it through. I did it with a hand held drill and some patience. Took about 10 minutes per hole. lol I didnt want to fuck anything up. There were some scary moments when the hole saw got caught up on some thicker plastic and shocked me when the speedo wanted to spin out of my hands. but I made it through
                  ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

i think I got it,

after re-reading parts of the thread, I"m going to go with saying that you got a gauge panel for the above the glove box gauges that was made for an 87, not an 88-up. If i am right, I got dibs on the other (if you are willing to sell it).
                    Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                    New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Originally posted by hemihotrod402 View Post
                      i think I got it,

after re-reading parts of the thread, I"m going to go with saying that you got a gauge panel for the above the glove box gauges that was made for an 87, not an 88-up. If i am right, I got dibs on the other (if you are willing to sell it).

ding ding ding! I would sell it. I'll PM you.

Washed up the car today!

~David~

Comment

wow its looking better and better everytime i see new pictures, keep up the good work Dave! Also is that an uncoated steel weight on an alloy rim.....lol
                        -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

yeah I think so..That is how I bought the wheels and tires. Answer my PM!
                          ~David~

Comment

ahhh! get them rebalanced thats not good for them, haha. and very well!
                            -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Will do...

Oh and does anyone else see what I see?

~David~

Comment

Spit on the ground?

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                                1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                                But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Working...
                                X