No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop taking dash pics while driving mang; making me think that I had either too much to drink or I need new glasses (which I probably do):p. Very nice!!!

Power steering hose(s) replacement is relatively cheap and easy to do. Just get some PB Blaster and soak the fittings for the upper hose for at least a week before you attempt to take them apart.

Packman

Comment

Those pics were taken in my room.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

cluster looks great dave reminds me on johnnie's setup

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
        302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
        k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
          Those pics were taken in my room.
          Quit driving your car around in your bedroom, then. :p

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
          1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
          But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Sneaky Plug and Play Wiring

Thanks Guys!!

Raining like mad again today so I thought up of a way to make the entire install easier and I decided to solder the wires right to the printed circuit. Now all I have to do is re-pin the factory harness correctly.

It aint pretty but everything works! And It will make installing it a breeze.

From Left to right, top to bottom...White wire=Illumination, red wire=constant power for LED, black skinny wire=triggered ground for LED, thick black wire=oil pressure sender wire and yellow wire=water temp sender.
            ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Sender Wires Hooked up and Factory Connector Re-pinned

Re-pinned the factory cluster to accept my flashing LED and chopped the bulb test check out of the ignition switch so it does not peg my temp gauge during started up.

Harness Re-pinned first is the temp sender, oil sender triggered ground and constant power:

I am using the factory wires:

Same here..factory wires:

Bulb test wires snipped:

I also pressure tested my heater core. All seems good. Gonna start tearing apart the dash.
              ~David~

Comment

Tidied up some wiring underneath the dash as well as under the hood, filled that lone spot in the fuse box and removed some useless things I had installed in the car. Removed my ash tray with gauges in place, sealed up the hole that was used for the mechanical gauges in the fire wall, removed all screws holding dash to firewall in preparation fro heater core replacement...will happen later when my dad gets home..oh and also lowered the steering column. Too bad it is cold because I have some stuff to paint and sound deadening to install.
                ~David~

Comment

Cold? damn! It got to mid 70's here today
                  Slick use of the factory sender wires
                  Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                  'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                  sigpic
                  85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Heater Core and Heater Pipe Install

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
                    Cold? damn! It got to mid 70's here today
                    Slick use of the factory sender wires
                    I should have that nice weather tomorrow. I get to paint stuff then

And thanks Pete, it sure makes everything easier.

The old core:

The dash down...scary:

Upper intake off:

HO baby lol:

Heater pipe straight metal:

Painted:

New Hoses:

The old and new heater pipe:

Intake off of car:

Getting back together:

Hoses and restrictor installed:

Not to much damage done:

And all put back together:

Gonna test it out tomorrow.
                    ~David~

Comment

Sound Deadening, Carpet Underpadding and Speedo Install

Today I tore out the interior vacuumed up any crud on the floor, sound deadened the floor and then laid 1/2 synthetic fiber carpet under padding, cleaned the carpet and vacuumed everything else up. Also tried to fix an exhaust leak. No leaks on coolant which is awesome and the heater core is blowing HOT HOT heat! and I also grounded my compressor...too bad it ran out of freon.

Sound deadened:

Carpet underpadding:

Dirty Carpet:

Clean, or should I say cleaner than before, carpet installed with seats back in place:

Speedometer installed gauges showing readings perfectly! These readings are with the car fully warmed up.

Compressor grounded:

And everything reinstalled underneath the hood:

Oh and the low rider look while fixing the exhaust leak:

Tomorrow I am pulling the vinyl roof off!
                      ~David~

Comment

you need valve covers! Great stuff, still jealous of your work.

Comment

1/2 synthetic fiber carpet under padding
                          Where did you buy this material? Do you have a rough estimate of how much you needed to do the job?

Is it actual sound deadener material or is it the stuff from the hardware store? Have an estimate on the amount that you needed to do the floor?

Your car is coming along nicely. Wish my carpet was that nice. I've got enough holes in mine to justify replacing it with new.

Comment

Why did you ground your compressor? If it's outta freon you're gonna burn it up.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                              Why did you ground your compressor? If it's outta freon you're gonna burn it up.
                              also if that alternator support bracket is like mine you grounded it to a piece of aluminum...which is not a very good material to ground to...haha

but great work!! its coming along nicely, always a pleasure to see such progress on your car
                              -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by monterey1962 View Post
                                Where did you buy this material? Do you have a rough estimate of how much you needed to do the job?

Is it actual sound deadener material or is it the stuff from the hardware store? Have an estimate on the amount that you needed to do the floor?

Your car is coming along nicely. Wish my carpet was that nice. I've got enough holes in mine to justify replacing it with new.
                                I bought the underpadding from jcWhitney: Carpet padding link I bought two 36"x72" sheets and it fit perfectly. I got the entire floor covered underneath all seat bottoms ( both from seats and rear bottom seat) with just the two . This stuff is VERY dense. It was a bitch to cut through. It should work out nicely it was not cheap though.

I used the stuff from the hardware store (Quick Roof is the brand name) I got the entire floor covered MINUS underneath the lower back seat with three rolls. I could have used another to get that done as well as some other things. So I should have bought 4 rolls to go all out.

Thanks!

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                                My compressor lost its ground and was not working, so I had to reground it. I am going to replace the entire system.

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                                also if that alternator support bracket is like mine you grounded it to a piece of aluminum...which is not a very good material to ground to...haha

but great work!! its coming along nicely, always a pleasure to see such progress on your car
                                I checked for continuity to ground and it had it so I should be okay.

And thanks!

Originally posted by insomniac391 View Post
                                you need valve covers! Great stuff, still jealous of your work.
                                I have valve covers. They are just dirty Thanks mang.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X