My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    ...No. California car duster, detail sprays and plush microfiber towels are all that touch the paint for cleaning purposes. The car only goes out in great weather and the cover keeps all of the rain, dust etc away from the paint.

I touch up the vinyl with 303 from time to time on my own car.
    My car gets dirty/dusty from sitting at work. I don't drive it in rain or weather any more but the dust happens from driving it. Which detail sprays do you use?
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by His Royal Ghostliness View Post
      Yeah that's how I feel about it as well. If the heads didn't need all the extra work we'd just stick with them, but now it's really making a lot of sense to just go better, especially since the car is already set up with easily-tuned electronics to match the increased flow of the TFS heads. Question #3, what cam do you have in yours? I'm sure you've already answered that at least twice, but the search is not being very friendly to me right now, lol.
      TFS Stage 1 cam.

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
      My car gets dirty/dusty from sitting at work. I don't drive it in rain or weather any more but the dust happens from driving it. Which detail sprays do you use?
      Meguiars ultimate quick detailer.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Thanks David, noted.

Now one last question, with this fine layer of dust that I've got, is it still ok to use and then wipe off with a micro fiber towel or should I wash it? Don't want to scratch my paint or I should say, add more scratches to it. Got me some swirl marks and such.

Comment

If you lube the surface up good and gently rotate your wrist upwards while wiping the panel down in one direction. You should be okay. Once the microfiber is soiled move to another portion. Fold the towel into four. Four squares turn to eight as the towel is double sided.

I just hate watering the car so I just deal with any harm it may bring.
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Derek, what about using a "California duster" Just lightly brush the dust off. They work pretty good.

Comment

Word Dave, I'll keep that in mind for when I go to do the car this weekend (fingers crossed).

Thanks Tom, that could be an idea to try too. I was just thinking this stuff might be "on there" to the point where it'll need help coming off. I'll make note of that though too and try both. Tired of automatic car washes as they never get all the crannies boxes have and hand washing just takes too long and it's a pain trying to keep the whole car wet until I'm ready to dry it, I don't have the luxury of shade... Not to mention water just seems to seep from the top for hours, makes me cringe...

Comment

My rear disc splash/dust shields came in. I was planning on painting them black but sense was knocked into me and I am leaving them untouched. Painting it black will just make them disappear back there.

The destructions say I can install them without taking off the caliper mounting plate, which is good as I don't want to remove the axles for a shield install. Only have to drill a couple of holes and it come with all the hardware necessary.
                Attached Files
                ~David~

Comment

That's one nice thing about OEM parts, they usually come with pretty good (and accurate!) instructions. Even if said in instructions sometimes kinda under-rate the amount of brutality needed to install said OEM parts, lol.
                  The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                  The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

I'll find out. The papers say some grinding necessary! Lets just see what their definition of "some" is.
                    ~David~

Comment

Installed my rear splash shield today for the rear brakes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6425.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	1282401

Bare and stock, missing the shield:

Name:	IMG_6397.jpg
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	1282402

Shield mached up for fitment:

Name:	IMG_6398.jpg
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	1282403

Shield held away so you can see how she mounts. One bolt gets replaced with a stud for the lower mount, and three holes get drilled out. Two on the caliper bracket itself and on into the parking/e bake bracket ear. The kit came right from ford with all the instructions and the proper hardware. OH, on the drivers side some clearencing of the caliper bracket was necessary in order for the shield to sit flush against the barcket. This was also mentioned in the instructions.

Name:	IMG_6399.jpg
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	1282404

Bare bones passengers side:

Name:	IMG_6401.jpg
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	1282405

P side with the shield in place. Fits perfectly.

Name:	IMG_6403.jpg
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	1282406

Back side views:

Name:	IMG_6405.jpg
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	1282407

Name:	IMG_6406.jpg
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	1282408

and drivers side all complete

Name:	IMG_6424.jpg
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	1282409
                      ~David~

Comment

And some beauty shots

[

Attached Files
                        ~David~

Comment

Mother freaker!

New pump time. Gonna get a new high pressure line as well. Shes seen better days Had to tighten it up with vice grips last time around.

Anyways......

Attached Files
                          ~David~

Comment

New ford pump on the way with a high pressure line...

Took her out for a spin with the new sneaks and all was good. I was skeptical to the balance but it was great.

My favorites from the day:

And a slideshow:

Attached Files
                            ~David~

Comment

New wheels look great and fit the look of the car quite well.

Comment

What tires are you using?
                                03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                                02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                                08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                                12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Working...
                                X