No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well that is a no go then for me sans major modifications.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

frame side would be easy, no idea what the axle side looks like. Guessing brackets could be made to get the job done but would need to study the fitment and spacing back there.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I dont have any spare rears anymore. Tried to get a pic w/o lifting car & removing wheel, no bueno.

I have seen where people cut them off & then welded to a 9 inch.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Swapped out the fan clutch this morning whit the heavy duty unit tiggie linked. Works like a champ. Nice and solid with hot engine off trying to spin it.

My spherical upper axle bushing came in...not going anywhere until I get the ADTR control arms.
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

The upper ones in the rear? I have them in the yellow capri. All other ends are spherical also. The articulation is ridiculous. Some have said to expect harshness, TBH in that car I never noticed a difference. It is by no means a touring car though.
            Last edited by mitymerc; 08-01-2020, 11:34 AM. Reason: speeling

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

[QUOTE=mitymerc;845402]The upper ones in the rear? I have them in the yellow capri. All other ends are spherical also. The articulation is ridiculous. Some have said to expect harshness, TBH in that car I never noticed a difference. It is by no means a touring car though.[/QUOT

The one that press into the 8.8 rear. The rest for me will just be poly.

I have read that is will be harsher. Not worried.
              ~David~

Comment

Did an interior clean up. Turned out the steering wheel was really filthy.

Used ammo lather on all interior bits with a detailing brush. Went over all plastic, vinyl and leather surfaces with 303 aerospace protectant. Windows were douched with Mckees 37 krystal vision glass cleaner and a waffle weave towel.

Attached Files
                Last edited by 87gtVIC; 08-09-2020, 12:44 PM.
                ~David~

Comment

Fell in love with the rear end of Andrews 81 Crown Victoria and felt like I needed to do something similar to the stock look but with a little flare.

Picked up a Hurst Equipped badge as well as Scott Drake Ford Letters.

The Ford letters had pegs on the rear and metal grommets to install into the body of the car then push the letters into. I cut the pegs off and applied double stick tape to the back side of the letters so I can easily reverse the process should I get tired of the old school stock look.

Here is how rear end looked before...all naked and such:

Andrew helped me out with some measurements so I can get the Ford letters as close to stock as possible. I layed out a template with tape and then had at it installing the letters as well as the hurst equipped badge. In stock form Andrews 81 has an Automatic Overdrive emblem there. I no longer have Automatic Overdrive so I figured it would look trick slipping in the Hurst Equipped badge in its place.....you know since I have a hurst shifter and all

And after.

I am in LOVE with the old school vibe. Passes for stock visually as well!

And a little video from this morning:

Attached Files
                  ~David~

Comment

non-tacky modified badging looks good. Now you need Calvin pissing on "automatics" or something to ruin it
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

LOOKS GREAT! Wish my bumpers shined liked the ones in the pics! WagonMan
                      89 Colony Park
                      90 Colony Park
                      70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

Look good, sound good, last long time...

Comment

Yup, bumper envy.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                            non-tacky modified badging looks good. Now you need Calvin pissing on "automatics" or something to ruin it
                            That is a big no thank you please.

Originally posted by WagonMan View Post
                            LOOKS GREAT! Wish my bumpers shined liked the ones in the pics! WagonMan
                            The NOS 1979 smoothie one I have waiting to install outshines this 10 to 1!

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
                            Look good, sound good, last long time...
                            Thanks.

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
                            Yup, bumper envy.
                            Its original. Understandably, the front bumper shows more wear than the original rear.

Waiting on finding a NOS or really nice condition 1982 grille (Where are you Ben! )before I swap in my NOS headlamp bezels, NOS smoothie with vents front bumper and NOS smoothie rear bumper.
                            ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                              That is a big no thank you please.

The NOS 1979 smoothie one I have waiting to install outshines this 10 to 1!

Thanks.

Its original. Understandably, the front bumper shows more wear than the original rear.

Waiting on finding a NOS or really nice condition 1982 grille (Where are you Ben! )before I swap in my NOS headlamp bezels, NOS smoothie with vents front bumper and NOS smoothie rear bumper.
                              As luck would have it, I pulled it out of storage yesterday. And I should have some nice boxes coming this week with Mustang parts that should be the right size for shipping a grille.

I’m loving the ford letters. Was there a blue oval there originally?
                              1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                              1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                              Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                              Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
                                As luck would have it, I pulled it out of storage yesterday. And I should have some nice boxes coming this week with Mustang parts that should be the right size for shipping a grille.

I’m loving the ford letters. Was there a blue oval there originally?
                                Excellent news!

A blue oval was on the passengers side. LTD Crown Victoria script text was on the drivers side in 87. The older cars like Andrews 81 had things reversed.

This was my car back in February of 2009...Way too much going on! Much much cleaner and thought out now.

~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X