No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And when aligning wires don't forget the required crossovers to minimize misfires.
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Humid and muggy out today so I got around to an indoor project...checking into the latest junkyard picked radio. This one is from a 1986 Town Car. I first hooked it up to power to see what needed fixing and all of the pots needed some cleaner and lube. I did not dare try out the cassette before I opened it up to see the condition of the belts. The belts were still intact but needed replacing so I did just that. After a thorough once over this radio is fully functioning and will be stored away as a good spare for my car.

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Couple shots after my morning cruise:

Body now has 145k roughly on her
        Attached Files
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

A little bit back I noticed that my SPECTRA PREMIUM 3 Core Radiator (CU552) was seeping a bit of coolant onto the passengers side lower radiator mount. Upon further inspection it seemed to be leaking right where the core meets up with the side tank on the passengers side.

I purchased this (https://www.radiatorexpress.com/prod...221165/1438417) from radiators express...and naturally the price dropped significantly after I made my purchase. lol Part number SKU: 221165.

To early to tell if it is any good as I broke the damn overflow nipple off and am currently waiting for a new one to arrive.

I would not recommend this one though. The radiator cap is not on an angle like I am used to and it makes for an awfully close fit to the upper hold down. I also had to modify the radiator to accept the fan shroud though I had to do this on my last one as well. My main grip is the rad cap position.

This is an all aluminum radiator. Does this need to be grounded to ensure I don't corrode it? Would it hurt doing so?
          Attached Files
          ~David~

Comment

I've had an aluminum radiator in the 88 since I bought it and haven't had any problems without grounding.

Wouldn't hurt to check it. IIRC measure volts between the negative post and the coolant and see what it says.
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

If there was not much time passed since the purchase and price drop, I would ask them if they would refund the difference. The most they can say is no!
              What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
              What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Originally posted by friskyfrankie View Post
                If there was not much time passed since the purchase and price drop, I would ask them if they would refund the difference. The most they can say is no!
                Oops. Looking back I didnt get bamboozled. With shipping the total reached that ~300 mark.
                ~David~

Comment

No problem - as long as you feel you got a fair deal - just looking out for my "brothers"!
                  What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                  What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post

This is an all aluminum radiator. Does this need to be grounded to ensure I don't corrode it? Would it hurt doing so?
                    Keep up with scheduled cooling system maintenance and this should not be an issue. My spectre 3 row radiator is leaking in the same spot on Vicky.

I have the 2 row version on my coupe. I was looking to purchase the 3 row for a future build as the 2 row was nearly 400 dollars. It mentioned something about needing to modify the mounting points? Doesn't look like you needed to do any of that. I'm assuming you used the police spec upper radiator hose as well?

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                      Keep up with scheduled cooling system maintenance and this should not be an issue. My spectre 3 row radiator is leaking in the same spot on Vicky.

I have the 2 row version on my coupe. I was looking to purchase the 3 row for a future build as the 2 row was nearly 400 dollars. It mentioned something about needing to modify the mounting points? Doesn't look like you needed to do any of that. I'm assuming you used the police spec upper radiator hose as well?
                      Thanks John

I used the same mounting points up top for the hold down. Those just worked. Very tight on the drivers side by the radiator cap as previously mentioned. That mount is angled towards the passengers side to give me some extra room around said radiator cap.

I am using the police spec upper hose as well. I needed this for the previous spectra I just replaced so this was a simple R and R of the radiator for me aside from mounting the shroud.
                      ~David~

Comment

I used a Radiator Express rad in the Mark VI IIRC. Unless Nick has had to replace that one, it should still be fine.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                        Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

My BeCool radiator has the same problem; but obviously it's an aftermarket unit that is 2" more narrow than stock.

Comment

Replacement nipple acquired and I did not ruin the threads in the neck...All good and snug now with bypass/overflow hose installed.

Attached Files
                            ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                              Replacement nipple acquired and I did not ruin the threads in the neck...All good and snug now with bypass/overflow hose installed.

Notable gains in operating temperature during this heat?

Comment

Uhh. Been working the past few days. Have yet to bleed it and drive it.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X