No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been trying to get Interior paint for my '93 CV (Mocha) and was told no one makes it and it has to be specially formulated but I have to bring them the formula. SAY WHAT???? I asked if I was being punked because they can't be serious!
    What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
    What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Can't you bring a interior piece that is the shade you want the paint in to the auto paint store? The local auto paint shop here scanned the item and came up with the correct color. It was expensive like $125 a pint. Had the proper interior color made when I had the 75 LTD. That was probably 5 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
        Bah. Seems to be my luck with things too.
        "Oh? You like that? We don't make that any more."
        That's one of the problems with having your own opinion and thinking for yourself.
        It is neat to find other weirdos that like things I like but those things aren't made anymore largely because others don't like them. You know, like panthers as an example.
        Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
        ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
        ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
          Can't you bring a interior piece that is the shade you want the paint in to the auto paint store? The local auto paint shop here scanned the item and came up with the correct color. It was expensive like $125 a pint. Had the proper interior color made when I had the 75 LTD. That was probably 5 years ago.
          That was one of the possible suggestions. Certainly would not pay that price, however, so if the spirit move me, I'll research it further. Too many things going on so that is a "future nice to have" project.

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
            That's one of the problems with having your own opinion and thinking for yourself.
            It is neat to find other weirdos that like things I like but those things aren't made anymore largely because others don't like them. You know, like panthers as an example.
            Story of my own life and why, outside of work and such, it's as if I live in my own fabricobbled world.
            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by friskyfrankie View Post
              That was one of the possible suggestions. Certainly would not pay that price, however, so if the spirit move me, I'll research it further. Too many things going on so that is a "future nice to have" project.
              Scanning doesn't cost anything here, you might get lucky and it'll be a close-enough match to an existing automotive paint color that is easily gotten as touch up paint.

Comment

Originally posted by GM_Guy View Post
                Scanning doesn't cost anything here, you might get lucky and it'll be a close-enough match to an existing automotive paint color that is easily gotten as touch up paint.
                Agreed. There are only a couple of spots - one on the passenger air bag cover and steering wheel to touch up. It is one of those "I'll get to it later" projects.

Comment

Planned on changing out the wheels and tires so I did a test with the line loc on the LX sports. Handled it fine in first. I just did not rev it up enough and dump it while in second on my first attempt....

Video of that and some driving:

And then I changed out the wheels....

Out with the old:

and in with the new:

Attached Files
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                  my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Nice!
                    I always do a 2nd gear burn at the track with wet tires.
                    2nd gear dry can be rough on the clutch.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Yeah. Only reason I tried 2nd was because of hearing people use it at the track...more wheel speed without reving as high during burnout or something.

I'll stick with first....
                      ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Nice!!! I hate when I hit traffic due to people stopping to get a good look.

Comment

The new wheels are Sweet. Really sweeeet.
                          All FORD All The Time

Comment

Thanks I like them a bunch too. New old for the season.....I swap between those and the LX Sport wheels when I feel like doing so.
                            ~David~

Comment

First start in a month or two...at least before the time change thats for sure. Been a very busy last couple of months. Havent been this busy since 2017!

I have some pics to but I am having trouble uploading them.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C3gtEC1-LM

And I have to learn how to properly embed the video in the post.

EDIT. Think I got it.
                              Last edited by 87gtVIC; 12-20-2022, 04:24 PM.
                              ~David~

Comment

Nice! Started right up, sounds good
                                -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Working...
                                X