PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 239 of 243 FirstFirst ... 139189229237238239240241 ... LastLast
Results 4,761 to 4,780 of 4845

Thread: My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Ford Fullsize For Life! marquis_82_withneons's Avatar

hell of a run. stoked to hear about he 5spd progress, im in a similar point in my build

Quote Originally Posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    If any body happens to want the remnants of the derale kit (I just used the oil cooler) let me know and we can work something out. I have no need for it.
    id be interested. i have an og cooler and lines but couldnt get the adapter off the block at the junkyard.
    Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
    Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
    Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Quote Originally Posted by marquis_82_withneons View Post
    hell of a run. stoked to hear about he 5spd progress, im in a similar point in my build

id be interested. i have an og cooler and lines but couldnt get the adapter off the block at the junkyard.
    Okay deal. I would just need to locate them again. The bits and pieces may be at my work. Currently been out of work for a week. Progress on fun things have been going on during this time home though.

Once I find them I will get back with you. If it takes some time feel free to kick me in the butt in case I forgot. Dont know when I will be back at work to check there.

once I do find it I will post some pictures up for you to see if it is what you want/need.

EDIT. Did you build a pedal assembly yet? Also this item is a MUST if using a cable set up...the thing around the firewall adjuster:

Purchased from Pier:

Make sure to get the version like I have.
    Last edited by 87gtVIC; 03-27-2020 at 08:48 PM.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

I'm down to the pedal assembly, clutch cable, and clutch. All the other bits are fully ready. Just finished an overhaul of a 96 disc swap axle, so the t5 is about to come apart for a rebuild now.

Did you buy that pedal assembly pre-made?

EDIT: I see now that the video was using the newer vic pedals.
    Last edited by marquis_82_withneons; 03-27-2020 at 09:28 PM.
    Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
    Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
    Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

I made that pedal assembly above in the photo I posted..more about it starts here:

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post810949

I only purchased the heavy metal clutch cable firewall adjuster mount from him. TOTALLY worth it. I dont see how it can be done cleanly without it.

There are things I would have done differently if I were to do it again...just minor positioning of things..mainly clutch pivot tube placement.
    Last edited by 87gtVIC; 03-27-2020 at 09:36 PM.
    ~David~

my issue at the moment is sourcing the fox pedal assembly. the rest of the hard to find bits ive already got luckily. im gonna toy with pedal placement in mine as well. hoping to fit everything cleanly.

The one I fabricated above fits damn well.

The only thing I would have done differently is position the clutch pivot tube more inboard by at least a half an inch. I think there is room for it to move inboard even more than that. The more inboard the better.

Issue I had was firewall adjuster screwed all the way into car and clutch quadrant contacting the adjuster due to my positioning of the clutch pivot tube in the pedal assembly being close towards firewall.

I built this all comparing to a fox mustang one off of my car two or so years ago. For it to fit as good as it does I am not complaining.

Fix was cutting an inch of the adjuster off (maximum motorsports firewall adjuster has a TON of throw in it so an inch out of it was NBD) and playing with maximum motorsports clutch cable spacer..a little spacer that goes over cable end and essentially shortens up the physical inner cable.

I recommend a maximum motorsports clutch cable. The overall length is longer which allows you to route the cable out the firewall, under the oil filter between the oil pan and chassis and directly into the bell housing.

If i haven't said it already pick up a double hook quadrant. It was needed in my application.

My cruise deactivate switch as well as the neutral safety switch fits easily between the computer and the pedal assembly. You even have enough room to easily remove the connectors for it.
    Last edited by 87gtVIC; 03-28-2020 at 07:33 PM.
    ~David~

I did some pretty crazy trickery to get it to work, but too the 79ish arm, flipped it over, and used it to actuate the clutch master cylinder.
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

I just looked over your thread...and after seeing the placement of the clutch cylinder in the engine bay I totally understand how you accomplished everything.

In stock mustang form the clutch pedal pushes down and the clutch quadrant pulls away from the firewall.

In your modified form you flipped the quadrant mount upside down (or lowered it a bunch) so now it pushes against the firewall.

This push action sends hydraulic pressure to your slave cylinder that then pushes against the clutch fork to disengage the clutch.

Your slave cylinder is mounted behind the tranny to bell housing mounts using that black bracket and pushes against the clutch fork.

Way cool. Totally get it.

Pics from Toms thread for referencing:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 83 engine hrdyo.jpg   83 engine hrdyo location.jpg  
    ~David~

Default Hmmm.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Manual goodness.jpg  
    ~David~

Hobbit

Do you guys have hydraulic clutch setups?

I post a lot...

Sweet! Are you happy with it?
    2017 Buick Enclave 3.6 (Burgundy/Beige)
    2019 Volvo S60 Inscription (Crystal White / Blond)
    Past Panthers
    1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Quote Originally Posted by Lincolnmania View Post
    if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

NICE! How does it feel? I wish I had pulled a pedal assy when they were readily available. There are none left in the yards around here.

10 Escape LTD. V6 AWD, K&N, Bullitt wheels.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

I want one. Can you tell any difference in power?
    1988 Crown Vic Wagon - daily
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, former lawn ornament
    Other: 95 Ranger, 74 F250, 68 Mustang, 94 Mustang
    Sold: 1982 LTD and 1987 Crown Vic

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggie View Post
    Should be a big difference, MUCH less parasitic loss.

10 Escape LTD. V6 AWD, K&N, Bullitt wheels.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Quote Originally Posted by 87gtVIC View Post

Wow, this interior is spectacular. Really really dig it.
    1985 2-Door
    CFI, K&N Filter, 1.6 Roller Rockers, BBK Shorty Headers, Summit H-pipe, Hooker Max Flow Mufflers,
    Flex-A-Lite Electric Fan, 3G Alternator, Race Crank Pulley, Bilstein Rear Shocks, SVE Wheels, ET Streets, 3.55 Gear

Sweet!

Southern

NICEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! Good sound, and shift when you want to. Excellent!!!!
    -Nick M.
    Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 (2x) TC, 06 TC, 07 TC
    03 BMW 540iT, 04 Ford F150 4.6 XLT Reg cab, 8ft bed

Member of the Orb Alliance packman's Avatar

Always love the sound of the Brown Blob! Who owns that box MGM? Nice to see you're not the only one with a box in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bean View Post
    Do you guys have hydraulic clutch setups?
    I have a cable set up. Tom has a hydro set up.

Quote Originally Posted by tjc78 View Post
    Sweet! Are you happy with it?
    Oh so happy.

Quote Originally Posted by mitymerc View Post
    NICE! How does it feel? I wish I had pulled a pedal assy when they were readily available. There are none left in the yards around here.
    Jim...it feels amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggie View Post
    Oh hell yes. HUGE difference. This would make a lopo kick ass too.

Quote Originally Posted by mitymerc View Post
    Should be a big difference, MUCH less parasitic loss.
    Yeppers.

Quote Originally Posted by sluggish91 View Post
    Wow, this interior is spectacular. Really really dig it.
    Thanks. I take pride in the interior. A lot of thought went into things and I try to make it look as potentially factory like as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by GM_Guy View Post
    Sweet!
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TecNickal View Post
    NICEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! Good sound, and shift when you want to. Excellent!!!!

Exactly. Much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by packman View Post
    Always love the sound of the Brown Blob! Who owns that box MGM? Nice to see you're not the only one with a box in that area.
    Thanks Jacob. Don't know. Think it has Florida plates. Kinda sits there forever. Poor shape.

Here is the set up for the curious ones:

Transmission:
    1. Tremec Heavy Duty World Class T5 (M7003ZB)
    2. Tremec T-5 Bellhousing (M6392E)
    3. Ford Performance Heavy Duty 10.5 Clutch Kit (M7560A302)
    4. Ford Performance Billit Steel Flywheel (M6375C302B)
    5. Ford Performance Pilot Bushing (LRS-7600A)
    6. Clutch Fork Dust cover (LRS-7513AK)
    7. Ford Performance Hurst Billet Plus Shifter (M7210M)
    8. Hurst Chrome Stick (0090)
    9. Mr. Gasket Shifter Boot (9649)
    10. Royal Purple Syncomesh Fluid (RP-SCM)
    11. Double Hook Clutch Quadrant (LRS-7553C)
    12. Maximum MotorSports Clutch Cable (MMCL-11)
    13. Maximum MotorSports Firewall Adjuster (MMCL-3)
    14. Piers (p71c1@yahoo.ca) Clutch Cable Firewall Bracket (essential item)
    15. Custom Pedal Assembly with 1972 Mustang clutch and brake pedals

Everything brand spanking new out of the package.
    ~David~

I post a lot...

Ok everybody sing!

Row Row Row Your Boat
    Quickly Down The Street
    Merrily Merrily Merrily Merrily
    Gas Prices Are So Cheap
    "X" car 89 Colony Park LS Mods>Engine delete, SS duals magnaflow hflow cats, 2010 Must GT mufflers, auto air shocks, Posi, Tran cooler, big front brakes, 03+ rear disks, Large 3g alt, Tripminder, GS grill, 86 seats, 16" HPP wheels, winter boots=96 Cartier wheels, 215-65/16 Goodyear ULTRA GW3 snows, pi rear sway, alum driveshaft.
    03 Marauder DBP, HS, 6disk, Organizer, Silver Stars, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector.
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated Cooper Zeon RS3-A, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17

Page 239 of 243 FirstFirst ... 139189229237238239240241 ... LastLast