My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
    I may look into doing this.. I somewhat prefer my dead weight steering on the whale.
    I have no idea how this stiff steering box would compare to the rack and pinion steering feel of the Whales...Whales do have racks right???
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
      I have no idea how this stiff steering box would compare to the rack and pinion steering feel of the Whales...Whales do have racks right???
      Indeed, I enjoy the stiffness when cruising but when backing into a spot or something alike; it gets old. Though I do believe my power steering is screwed up a bit. :shrug:

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
      The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
      It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

You just need to work up muscle. Last time I seen ya you were skin and bones. lol
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

03+ is rack and pinion, definitely stiffer than a stock box with a better on center feel.
          2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
          2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
          Past Panthers
          1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
          if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
            You just need to work up muscle. Last time I seen ya you were skin and bones. lol
            I'll show you, you - me Scottfest.

But on the realistic side, my dad even drove the car before I had my license and was freaking out because it "Had no power steering"

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

The rack and peanut is stiffer than pinky steer, but a lot more vague feeling. They don't self-center worth a damn and the turn radius is increased over the steering box setup. Personally I very much dislike how it feels. The late CVPI steering box is much more positive feeling.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                The rack and peanut is stiffer than pinky steer, but a lot more vague feeling. They don't self-center worth a damn and the turn radius is increased over the steering box setup. Personally I very much dislike how it feels. The late CVPI steering box is much more positive feeling.
                Late model CVPI wooo!
                The lacking all luxury options isn't fun though. I guess I'm lucky I got one with a power drivers seat.. High options, lol.
                and a few electrical problems.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

So I had some police dash gauges given to me from my dads friend to happened to have them just laying around for the past 30 years and didn't know what they were..

How did you go about mounting them? Did you cut the dash for the wiring and bolt the gauges in? Any pictures of that err?

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

What style do you have? The 88-89 plastic one or the metal, 87 and down one?

I installed both into my car years back.

I cut a hole in the panel and relocated the auto climate sensor and siliconed in the 88-89 style. Then I picked up the metal 87 and down one and screwed that one in.

You have to cut up the dash behind for them to fit.

Here is my first install:

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...uipped-vehicle

Currently:

~David~

Comment

Getting the old gal ready for another year at SF tomorrow. Hope the weather stays perty so she can stay all perty for the event.
                      ~David~

Comment

Duster and cover.
                        03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                        02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                        08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                        12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

You're worried about it staying clean? Hell I haven't washed mine in about a year. its rather filthy, and I'm probably not going to get to washing it before I get there either. Maybe I'll run through the carwash. I should have done it this weekend, but I was lazy.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I like a clean car.
                            ~David~

Comment

I used to be super obsessive with the cars... now with a wife and child it takes a back seat and I usually end up running to the car wash at lunchtime.
                              2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                              2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                              Past Panthers
                              1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                              if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

I actually washed Cherry the other day...and I believe I took more paint off than I did dirt. But hey! The white walls are white again. :-p

sigpic
                                - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Working...
                                X