X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll second that

Comment

I'll third it.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I always knew yours was a nice one, but wow, nice to see a fresh reminder.

Those wheels work well on it.

As for painted sway bars, I think we've previously established how I feel about those

Current driver: Ranger
        Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
        | 88 TC | 91 GM
        Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
        Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
        | Junkyards

Comment

Originally posted by kishy View Post
          I always knew yours was a nice one, but wow, nice to see a fresh reminder.

Those wheels work well on it.

As for painted sway bars, I think we've previously established how I feel about those
          For reference to the above comment: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post827198

Thanks everyone.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Quick question: are you running 2 catch cans?

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
              Quick question: are you running 2 catch cans?
              Yeah. It is pointless though. The only one that catches anything is connected to the PCV. The other one I have just because there are no baffles in the valve covers and I though oil may get sucked up into the throttle body. Does nothing though.

Final step was cleaning up the HPPs so they can be stored for the season.

Pressure washer rinse down, iron x sprayed on for brake dust and an ammo brute wheel soap wash on the wheels and the tires got a good super clean scrubbing before the wheels were coated with some pinnacle black diamond wheel coating and the tires with 303.

Oh yeah..backsides are just as clean as the fronts...they got coated as well.

Ready for next time!
              Attached Files
              Last edited by 87gtVIC; 05-27-2022, 01:47 PM.
              ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

And the neighbors think I'm nuts when I give the backs a quick hit with Ajax and a scrub brush.
                03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

What did you do with the relays on the drivers side fender? I see you've got an aftermarket box behind the wiper fluid reservoir. Does everything now live in there, or did you put some stuff in the relay pocket on the vacuum reservoir box?
                  1987 Lincoln Town Car - Signature, "Prudence"

Comment

Originally posted by Lutrova View Post
                    What did you do with the relays on the drivers side fender? I see you've got an aftermarket box behind the wiper fluid reservoir. Does everything now live in there, or did you put some stuff in the relay pocket on the vacuum reservoir box?
                    The one directly behind the air box has a couple relays and fuses in it:

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post825354

The one attached to the vacuum reservoir has what the lid says....I did eventually use the proper insert/holder and tossed the clearanced for ease of install housing:

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post462936

And the large one behind the battery:

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post505614

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post710941

and the small one a bit further back:

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post780241
                    ~David~

Comment

That's very helpful, thank you.
                      1987 Lincoln Town Car - Signature, "Prudence"

Comment

Good thing you store your CV in the winter. I found out the hard way with my Aunt’s Saturn that the pcv catch I installed, accumulated water that ended up back in the crank case.

Comment

Swapped on a spare fan I had pulled a while back, media blasted and powdercoated semigloss black.

Attached Files
                          ~David~

Comment

Looks good! Side note, I also dig the spark plug wire separators or whatever you call them.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Thanks. They are cheap little plastic guys that can be a bit fiddly to work with. You have the two clamping sides and then a screw and a nut. Depending on where you are trying to separate it can become quite a bear. The heat also deforms them a bit (bowing out at the ends) but they do work. Id say the zip tie method is just as good.

~David~

Comment

Nice work on the fan. Hopefully the powder coat is the trick. Paint always seems to chip on those.
                                1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                                1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                                Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                                Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Working...
                                X