PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 238 of 243 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,760 of 4854

Thread: My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

White collar, and a red neck P72Ford's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    Got around to installing a new oil cooler today.

Some may remember back in May when my stock ford oil cooler started weeping from one of the fittings up at the cooler which turned out to be a cracked threaded boss. http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post829479

Are the hoses properly supported? Unless the fittings were over-tightened at some point, the crack may have been caused by a lack of support for the hoses.
    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0, 6 spd, 3.73s; 17K miles Cruiser
    **2008 CVPI, Ex MSP Unit #420: 4.6, 3.55TL Flowmaster 10 knock offs, dark tint, JD Blitz Black, DD, CHALKBOARD
    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG): 103, Cobra Speedsters, Cosmetics
    **2014 Ram 1500 QCSB Express 4WD Hemi/8spd TF/3L21 Truck Duties; Boesch Built, Cosmetics

I will look into that. I have them loosely zip tied underneath the hood catch now with the new set up.

Quote Originally Posted by P72Ford View Post
    Are the hoses properly supported? Unless the fittings were over-tightened at some point, the crack may have been caused by a lack of support for the hoses.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

ONR washed, and then did a meguiars 3 in 1 wax job on the car with a dual action polisher. Car did not need a clay job before any of this whatsoever.

Ready for winter.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2382.jpg   IMG_2384.jpg   IMG_2385.jpg  
    ~David~

Nice.

You leaving it in the backyard this year or keeping it covered on the street?

Always goes in the backyard for winter. In earlier because of street work going on.
    ~David~

Surprised you don't have matching wheel covers for it. I ran those in conjunction with a car cover on my Fury when it went behind the garage.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Surprised you don't have matching wheel covers for it. I ran those in conjunction with a car cover on my Fury when it went behind the garage.
    You peaked my interest. I will look into that for use in the backyard at least. I'd be worried about those out on "da street"...seems too easy to walk off with...
    ~David~

Yeah, your wheels and tires are too nice to let rain water & UV ravage them. It's been awhile but I think I got mine from California Car Cover. They fit great but thieves would indeed walk away with them if they wanted.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

I'm debating a car cover. What kind ya got and what do you recommend.?
    All FORD All The Time

Quote Originally Posted by clutch47 View Post
    I'm debating a car cover. What kind ya got and what do you recommend.?
    24/7 365 My car is outside. Covercraft Weathershield HP car cover on it keeps it looking like new.

If you are garaged and just want to keep the dust off of it there is no reason to spend a ton (quarter ton actually) on a cover like the weathershield hp.
    ~David~

Always goes in the backyard for winter. In earlier because of street work going on.
    Good to hear. I wish I had room in my yard to store my CV in the winter off the street but no such luck with the LTD in the driveway. (Rest of the yard doesn't have any parking room and garage is too small to fit anything bigger than a mid-sized car at best even though the house was built in 1949...)

24/7 365 My car is outside. Covercraft Weathershield HP car cover on it keeps it looking like new.

If you are garaged and just want to keep the dust off of it there is no reason to spend a ton (quarter ton actually) on a cover like the weathershield hp.
    Thanks. Garage space is at a premium for me. Guess I'll have to figure out what I want and THAT IS TOUGH...
    All FORD All The Time

First start up in a few weeks:

Exhaust:
    1. Dual Exhaust
    2. New Bosch Premium Oxygen Sensors (13593)
    3. Ford Racing Ceramic Coated Headers (M-9430-P51)
    4. BBK CNC Series Off-Road Race H-Pipes (1507)
    5. Two Walker 2 1/4 Intermediate Pipes ( 43281)
    6. Two Walker 2-1/4 ID to 2-1/2 OD Exhaust Adapters (41963)
    7. Two Polished Stainless Steel MAGNAFLOW Performance Flow Through 2.5 In/Out Offset/Offset Mufflers (11236)
    8. Walker Impala Tailpipes (45016, 45017)
    9. 24" 2.5 tail pipe extensions (17635)
    10. Easy Seal Exhaust Clamps from Tailpipe to Tailpipe Extension (ES 250-SS)
    11. 3A Racing 2 1/2" Turn Downs ( 17605)
    ~David~

Member of the Orb Alliance packman's Avatar

Nice!

First startup; like you fire up the car every few weeks?

Car only get uncovered on nice days with no rain and if I am home. Doesnt leave many days for starting her up and taking her out...especially in winter. Aint driving in any salt.
    ~David~

Member of the Orb Alliance packman's Avatar

That became my plan when I get my CV running. I was going to park the car during the late Fall and throughout the Winter. I figured that once a month I would start the car up and let it idle for a bit; then let it sit until the next start-up interval. Since my Mom has the Explorer as her daily driver; the CV became the fair weather car; and for the time being, it won't be driving in the rain until I replace the wiper motor.

SO I finally acquired a hard to find part for the car. NOS Passengers side headlamp bezel.

Been looking for a couple years for reasonably priced ones and finally got it. Guy had at least two. One chrome face and painted buckets as well as one full chrome one. I picked up the drivers side chrome face and painted bucket one because he did not want to spilt the pair. Now I have one NOS set of full chrome headlamp bezels and one NOS set of chrome face painted bucket version with an extra NOS drivers side chrome face painted bucket version.....All to go along with my three sets of NOS 79' clear parking lamp lenses (full sets of four).

The passengers side headlamp bezel was the final piece I was waiting on before swapping out my front and rear bumpers for the NOS fully chrome smoothie types I picked up through the years. Front one is a NOS 79 piece!

Still waiting on doing the 5speed swap. Again, I have all the bits and bobs and parts and pieces. Just need to do it. Clutch, pressure plate, flywheel and bellhousing are actually in my room reminding me everyday to get it done. lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails headlamp bezels.jpg  
    ~David~

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

what do you mean "painted bucket" bezels?

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Quote Originally Posted by gadget73 View Post
    what do you mean "painted bucket" bezels?
    Above in the photo you can see a full chrome bezel on the left of the screen and then two chrome faced with silver paint in the buckets. Both are original ford pieces. Just unsure of the exact reason for full chrome versus half chrome with paint.

OH also have a NOS 1979 to 1981 grille for the car. Been searching for a NOS 1982 one but no dice.
    ~David~

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

Ah, I see. Never honestly paid that much attention to them. Either that or most of them have half-shot chrome by now that you can't tell from silver paint.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Page 238 of 243 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240 ... LastLast