No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a problem with your vacuum gauge. It does too many things. Please get to installing a supercharger so it doesn't have un-needed functions.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

2nd that!

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
        I'm sorry to hear what they found in your knee Dave, hopefully you'll find out what type it is soon. Like you said, not knowing is worse than knowing, and having a game plan to fight it.

The plaque and dash panel look great! It's kinda nice to have the availability of the newer wood ones- the color matched older ones are almost impossible to find. When you get those rear control arms in I'm interested to hear how they effect it, especially in harder handling maneuvers
        Thanks Phil. I think I saw some early tan ones (your tan right) and if I see them again I will share the link with you just in case you may be interested.

The arms I am installing to try and kill the wheel I hop I have noticed and experienced and shared within a couple of my dash cam videos.

I don't have the best judgement on handling. The one thing I notice is that my body is not handled very snugly in these factory seats. lol

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
        I have a problem with your vacuum gauge. It does too many things. Please get to installing a supercharger so it doesn't have un-needed functions.
        Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
        2nd that!
        3rd.

That would be fun.

This was the only autometer vacuum gauge in arctic white available....leaves room to grow!
        Last edited by 87gtVIC; 12-02-2020, 06:26 PM.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Gotta have goals... Is your compression modest boost friendly?
          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
            Gotta have goals... Is your compression modest boost friendly?
            I have no idea of the compression this motor makes. Was a new LMR shortblock with forged pistons and trick flow 170 cc heads think the 55 versions...picked them up new used. I dont see myself doing this for many many years if at all. lol

Engine arrival:

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post760711
            Last edited by 87gtVIC; 12-02-2020, 09:08 PM.
            ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
              I don't have the best judgement on handling. The one thing I notice is that my body is not handled very snugly in these factory seats. lol

!
              Even the mushy suspension and Jello tires I have on the Continental let it out-handle the seats. No bolstering, not much of anything to keep you in place other than a door panel on one side and a wimpy arm rest on the other. The Towncar is maybe a bit worse, more space between the arm rest and door so more room to be out of position. Also it stays flatter on the road and has better tires so I can get more speed around turns, enough that I have to really hold on if I try and force it through something it was very much not intended to go through.
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Recovered enough to be on my feet for a little bit (still cannot bend knee without EXTREME pain so I try avoiding that) and finish up the interior of the car.

Installed the NOS drivers side dash panel I had stashed away. It sure is pretty compared to a NON-NOS unit but hey this car is my mis-matched labor of love. It works for me.

Check out how bent the old ones was...No idea how it got that way but its funny to look at:

I think that banana trim was from a junkyard car. I pulled it because all of the mounts were in perfect shape...aside looking like the shape of a banana. It always made it fit funny in the car...it always wanted to peel away from the dash..pun intended.

And all the newness:

Loving the addition of the LTD Crown Victoria script on the passengers side dash panel. So worth it.

Also loving I am using proper hardware in unbroken trim.

Also the repair I did on the passengers side dash panel is hardly noticeable. Again, it was something I was very bummed about but it is acceptable.
                Attached Files
                ~David~

Comment

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

It looks great!

I’ve been there and done that with accidentally breaking something new. I hardwired a dash cam in my new daily driver a few weeks ago. My hands are basically big chunky paws and new car plastic is not very strong. I had two mishaps and ended up very frustrated. You’re not alone with that feeling lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm amazed you still find things to do in a car you've had for so incredibly long. Even more so as you use it and it doesn't just sit in a shed.
                    Though in so many years your taste has changed, with the sticker removal and rebadging you've done. Also having a gauge for every seemingly possible thing to gauge doesn't seem from this decade

I don't know what I'd do more to my MGM anymore. More power naturally, but I don't have money laying around for such uses. My next big purchase is gonna be a better daily driver. Cheaper little mods, I can't really come up with anything I'd want, mechanical or cosmetic...
                    1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
                    1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

heat and long term pressure on a few points makes them warp. All the pieces in my car have some amount of distortion, and none of them are original to the car either. Conti's trim is the same story, and its even longer. The dash panel on that is the full width of the car.

Comment

Originally posted by matth825 View Post
                        It looks great!

I’ve been there and done that with accidentally breaking something new. I hardwired a dash cam in my new daily driver a few weeks ago. My hands are basically big chunky paws and new car plastic is not very strong. I had two mishaps and ended up very frustrated. You’re not alone with that feeling lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Luckily I didnt ruin the NOS drivers side dash panel...I would have been uber bummed. It was just the new to me used passengers side panel that I flubbed modifying but successfully repaired and now have two additional spare because of my panic buying. lol

Newer car plastics scare me. Everything is held in with clips it seems. Set up for failure right off the hop.

Originally posted by Arquemann View Post
                        I'm amazed you still find things to do in a car you've had for so incredibly long. Even more so as you use it and it doesn't just sit in a shed.
                        Though in so many years your taste has changed, with the sticker removal and rebadging you've done. Also having a gauge for every seemingly possible thing to gauge doesn't seem from this decade

I don't know what I'd do more to my MGM anymore. More power naturally, but I don't have money laying around for such uses. My next big purchase is gonna be a better daily driver. Cheaper little mods, I can't really come up with anything I'd want, mechanical or cosmetic...
                        Its my hobby. Keeps me busy and gives me joy. It also is a life long learning experience..always learning something new and gaining skills while working and modifying this car. Only helps me for the future.

I couldnt fathom farming out the work I do..not only would I not be happy with the results but I'd be broke!

I would like to drive it more often but I limit its usage to good weather only...weekend drives. The car is not perfect but I dont want to risk it getting damaged. Not worth it to me like mentioned previously a lot of the fun is working on it....I dont want to do body work though if I can avoid that

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                        heat and long term pressure on a few points makes them warp. All the pieces in my car have some amount of distortion, and none of them are original to the car either. Conti's trim is the same story, and its even longer. The dash panel on that is the full width of the car.
                        Must have been installed incorrectly in the car I pulled it from to get that bad. Its now in the spare parts hoard. Wow the trim is the whole width of the car. Yesh..plastic? That is asking for trouble. No metal like the townies?
                        ~David~

Comment

Looking good as always.
                          2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                          2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                          Past Panthers
                          1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                          if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

All shiny black plastic. It includes the lenses for the cluster, the tripminder, and some of the idiot lights as well. Its not original either, the one in the car was missing the clear lens over the cluster. I have one from an 85 with "unleaded fuel only" printed on the lens. I don't expect I'll ever find a "diesel fuel only" lens.

Comment

Looks great Vic!!
                              1987 CV LX 5.0

Comment

Looking at your steering wheel leather wrap. Did you take it to a shop or install a kit for it? Need something along those lines for my Rustang project.
                                1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                                1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                                Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                                Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Working...
                                X