No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On my yellow Capri I used an aluminum spacer and a flex fan.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

I used the Hayden 2710 on my 88. It has worked well.

The Motorcraft YB-327 is spec'd as the police/tow part. RA has one, as does eBay. https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/mo...an+clutch,6812

The Motorcraft YB-328 is the standard duty part. There are on eBay as well.

I am a little OCD and I don't like the universal fit bolt holes of the Hayden 2710. Like I said, it has functioned fine and I would buy another for a driver. For a car I really liked, I like the exact fit holes on the Motorcraft parts.
      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
        I used the Hayden 2710 on my 88. It has worked well.

The Motorcraft YB-327 is spec'd as the police/tow part. RA has one, as does eBay. https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/mo...an+clutch,6812

The Motorcraft YB-328 is the standard duty part. There are on eBay as well.

I am a little OCD and I don't like the universal fit bolt holes of the Hayden 2710. Like I said, it has functioned fine and I would buy another for a driver. For a car I really liked, I like the exact fit holes on the Motorcraft parts.
        Any idea if the motorcraft is thermal or not? Ebay ads suggest it is based upon provided photos...I like this option the best yet.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
          Any idea if the motorcraft is thermal or not? Ebay ads suggest it is based upon provided photos...I like this option the best yet.
          If it's got the coiled spring thing on the front, it's thermal.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Yeah it looks like it does based on the ebay ads. I went for it on RA which only had one picture and no vehicle fitment listings. Hope it fits.
            ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

must be the only one because nothing shows up now.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                must be the only one because nothing shows up now.
                On RA there was only one available. It is on its way to my place. I guess they pull the listing if there is none in stock. Always weary about purchasing something with only one in stock. Never sure what you are going to get.

Some action from this morning:

~David~

Comment

I LOVE IT. Nice solid chirps in 3rd!
                  "Out of your league"?
                  You have the "cool" factor, the black and silver ones have the "belly button" factor. (Keeping in mind I am a Mustang guy).

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Probably my favorite of all your videos.

You might start itching for one of those 5.0's with too many cams.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
                      I LOVE IT. Nice solid chirps in 3rd!
                      "Out of your league"?
                      You have the "cool" factor, the black and silver ones have the "belly button" factor. (Keeping in mind I am a Mustang guy).
                      Thanks Jim. Sure can say that. Wont see another one like mine.

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
                      Probably my favorite of all your videos.

You might start itching for one of those 5.0's with too many cams.
                      Thanks Ben.

I said it to myself a couple times. If anything happens to this car..I am springing for a brand new top of the line mustang vert. I do like the new mustangs a lot even if everyone may have one.

I wont be installing one into this car. Just going to enjoy what it has. It is loads of fun over stock form.
                      ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post

Some action from this morning:

Wheel Hop... Have you checked your pinion angle?

The later Fox cars had "Anti Hop" brackets that mounted between the axle & shock. I believe there are aftermarket iterations also.

Comment

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
                          Wheel Hop... Have you checked your pinion angle?

The later Fox cars had "Anti Hop" brackets that mounted between the axle & shock. I believe there are aftermarket iterations also.

What is good versus bad pinion angle?

I have not checked anything but have read some believe pinion angle can in turn cause wheel hop and some don’t agree. Much like anything in life.

I have dropped pretty penny for the adtr control arms (the uppers will allow me to tweak pinion angle if necessary) as well as spherical upper control arm axle bushings.

I will have to look into the anti hop brackets as I have never hear of those before.
                          ~David~

Comment

Looked at Stang & Vic, different shock mounts.... I think angle us something like 2-4 negative. I have not looked at it for a long time. The idea is that when under torque load the angle of the shaft is about 0.
                            Last edited by mitymerc; 07-29-2020, 02:11 PM. Reason: speeling

Comment

wasn't that also part of what the quad shocks were supposed to deal with?
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yes

Comment

Working...
                                X