No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahh. Well it is not defunct but transformed into a bap sensor......
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

vroom vroom yo

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

No cats on that obviously. That choppy sound would piss me off quickly but to each his own. Otherwise seems to run nice! Would like to see a WOT run with actual shifts through at least a gear maybe two.

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
            No cats on that obviously. That choppy sound would piss me off quickly but to each his own. Otherwise seems to run nice! Would like to see a WOT run with actual shifts through at least a gear maybe two.
            I see you don't follow this thread...Here is a couple back from last July: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post782951
            ~David~

Comment

Zounds ViCIOUS!

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Haha now that i'm reminded I think I have seen that video. I'm so off and on it's hard to keep track. She certainly gets rollin! Definitely could use one of them "shit kits".

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                  vroom vroom yo
                  Yessir.

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
                  Zounds ViCIOUS!
                  Thanks Jim.

Haha now that i'm reminded I think I have seen that video. I'm so off and on it's hard to keep track. She certainly gets rollin! Definitely could use one of them "shit kits".
                  I have to be honest and say that I am not a huge fan of the exhaust myself. In the first drive that I took I commented on me not liking it. SOund like a motorcycle to me. I aint changing anything though so I am accepting what it is.

She has just that...a shity shift kit.

B&M Shift improver kit AND a transgo Hi rev kit. Its getting a mans trans so I dont really care anymore. lol.
                  ~David~

Comment

I obviously missed this if it was already mentioned somewhere, but what bolt-action trans you got your sights on?
                    The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                    The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Inquiring minds want to know.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Didn't want to come right out and say it but yeah that thing shifts like ass. When I do a rebuild I think i'll just do a silverfox VB. Have a trans-go kit with the hi-rev but the VB kinda takes care of all that doesn't it? As for going stick, I considered it but would rather not. Maybe next time.

Comment

Have a trans-go kit with the hi-rev but the VB kinda takes care of all that doesn't it?
                          No, it does not. Not ALL of it at least.
                          The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                          The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

It needs 3 pedals...

Comment

Originally posted by His Royal Ghostliness View Post
                              I obviously missed this if it was already mentioned somewhere, but what bolt-action trans you got your sights on?
                              Inquiring minds want to know.
                              Here is my list from LMR.com...as of now.

Transmission upgrade for the Crown Victoria

• LRS-7007R spacer plate
                              • M6397A302 10.5” pressure plate and clutch bolts and dowels
                              • M6375C302B 50oz billet steel 10.5” flywheel
                              • M7560A302 10.5” heavy duty clutch kit
                              • LRS-7600A pilot bearing
                              • M7553A302-K ford clutch fork, cable, quadrant, firewall adjustor, clutch cable retaining clip
                              • M7003ZB transmission with bell housing and pivot stud
                              • LRS-6397AK bell housing dowel pins
                              • HDW-6392A bell housing to block bolts
                              • RP-SCM-K Royal purple syncromesh fluid
                              • LRS-17271C-K 21 tooth speedmeter gear for manual transmission

Was going to go tremec but am not interested modification to the transmission cross member. The T5z should fit the bill. I don't race. Just some action here and there. If she goes once this is all installed I know I need to upgrade then No biggie.

Didn't want to come right out and say it but yeah that thing shifts like ass.
                              Sure does. lol

It needs 3 pedals...
                              Indeed.
                              ~David~

Comment

I now have a 1st gen TKO in my Capri, it has quite happily sucked up everything I have thrown at it..
                                I can't even remember how many stock, upgraded gears & Liberty t-5's I have broken in a 2800 lb car, (yours may be somewhat heavier). If you get agressive (and I know you won't) wink wink, you may find yourself wanting to upgrade.
                                Last edited by mitymerc; 04-25-2017, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X