PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 211 of 211 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211
Results 4,201 to 4,210 of 4210

Thread: My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Member of the Orb Alliance packman's Avatar
    Land of the Greasy Hair and Orange Biyatches

Nice!!! I am curious as to whether a Whale radiator covers will fit a box? Whilst changing the oil in my '05, I found myself staring at the cover. Next time I go to the junkyard, I will try to harvest one off of a Whale. Just running this by you in case you have already pondered this yourself.

You mean the plastic bit over the radiator core support?

Ive pondered it many times. First off they are not wide enough and would have to get two and seam them together in some fashion. Next up is the fact that none of the holes really line up with anything. I do still think about trying to make it work from time to time despite getting the same result each time at the yard. lol
    ~David~ Click the Pic for the Low Down on the Vic...SERIOUSLY I DEMAND YOU!

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

I always kinda wanted to make a custom fit panel for up there, probably out of something decently stiff, maybe 1/4 aluminum sheet.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body, 246k and counting

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Got a quote on porting my goodies...gt40 lower and tubular upper. Porter does not recommend touching the upper but says much work can be done to the lower.

Gotta find a box for the lower and send it out.

I gotta purchase another 5.0 efi car. I have way to many damned NICE efi spare parts around here now. I would totally jump on a nice 1986 Mustang GT convertible. I guess I should have contacted the porter about port work on a tubular intake before purchasing another one. lol

Why '86, was it the last of the four eyed Rustangs and/or the early interior?
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

First year SEFI and last year four eye.

Lower intake is all packaged yo and ready to be shipped out. Just need to get the money order set up and actually ship out the package.

Hobbit

Quote Originally Posted by gadget73 View Post
    I always kinda wanted to make a custom fit panel for up there, probably out of something decently stiff, maybe 1/4 aluminum sheet.
    I have a rubber one on mine right now. I will be switching it to plastic in the near future. Rubber doesn't have quite the same fit.

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

Lincolns have like a foot to cover, so I think metal would be the way to go for me. Not quite so bad on the Ford/Merc models.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body, 246k and counting

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Laid out the cash for a set of 235 60 16 Yokohama Avid Envigor High Performance All Seasons for the Vics HPP wheels. AKA The winter wheels that only get driven during winter months and in dry weather. After a mail in rebate the total excluding shipping should hover right around 330 for the set.

Also did some more research on wheel refinishing in my area.Found some promising reviews of a place not far at all from me that supposedly powdercoats wheels. Plan to bring the set of wheels to them and see if they can meet my demands. First choice is to have the centers of the HPPS black and then the BIG lips on them be an argent silver. Next option would be entirely argent silver. I basically want the wheels to be sandblasted (as the hub areas are beginning to corrode) and have the lips smoothed over (previous owners wife did a number on a couple curbs) and have them powdercoated. I do not need to have the corroded parts near the hubs smoothed out. As long as the shit is blasted off I will be happy.

Tires came in already. I am quite shocked. I placed the order ahead of time thinking I may be waiting on them. Little did I know they would come next day.

This means when I actually need a tire to come in I will have to wait a week for it. lol

Page 211 of 211 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211