Clear All

Still trying to figure that one out.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Managed to find some "time" and did a bit with the relay/fuse box project.

Below you can see I mounted the Midi fuse holder to the bracket as well as the fuse/relay box. I also combined 6 10 gauge wires into a 4 gauge terminal and used those 6 wires to be the feeds to my 6 fuses.

Below is the current plan for fuse/relay box. If all goes according to plan this will leave me one high amp relay spot as well as two normal relay spots available for future projects. I hope to take some time (haha) and clean up some wiring messes underneath the dash and route some things to the new fuses. I'll see how that goes when the time comes....

So, as of now, I am pretty happy with the fuse/relay box. The terminals are of good quality and worked nicely with my crimp dies. I was also able to remove terminals from the fuse/relay box without the locking tabs breaking on me which for those familiar with these types of set ups is a great feat.

It is a shame the wind was out in full force today as I really wanted to mock up my master cylinder bracket and get the line locks location situated so I could then bend up the appropriate brake lines for the job.

Would have also been neat to mount up the fuse/relay boxs' bracket under the air box and run its power feed from the alts charge stud as this will be a custom length line. I picked up a massive battery lug terminal kit for the job, as well as future projects as well as the proper crimp tool for the application. Oh well. Next time....
      Attached Files
      ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Looks nice and tidy.... is it me or do I not see a second side of terminals for four of the six fuses?
        2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
        2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
        Past Panthers
        1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
        if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Thanks.

You are correct. One of the relays will be switching a ground and I am not sure what I will use the rest of them for yet so I left them open/unused. The kit only comes with the exact amount of terminals to populate everything. This leaves no room for error so I am taking things slow.

The fuse/relay box still needs a lot more terminals added to wire up everything I want to do, but that will have to wait until it is mounted within the vehicle. I can then run out the wires and terminate everything else that will go in like the switched power sources and the grounds as well as the outputs of the relays I will be utilizing.
          Last edited by 87gtVIC; 01-27-2019, 07:16 PM.
          ~David~

Comment

Fitted my Line Lock to my custom bracket that hangs off the studs of the master cylinder/brake booster this morning. I welded nuts to the backside of the bracket so its super easy to install the line lock. I then bent up brake lines and mocked them in place. One from master to LL input and one from LL output to drivers side front brake line “t”.
            I then began installing the latest underhood fuse box. I made up the power line from the alt to the midi fuse then began the wiring from the LL and from inside the cabin. All that is left to do is tie in the LL switch and test it out. I removed LL bracket from car after mock up so I can then paint it up. Planning to remove the shift handle and slip on the LL switch to it next chance I get. I looked it up and removing it is as simple as driving a roll pin out…hope it is that simple in practice.
            ~David~

Comment

column shift handle? Basically that simple, but there is a spring loaded plunger in there. When you go to put the handle back in you may have to push that back out of the way. Also the pin only goes one direction, it has a fat head on one end.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                column shift handle? Basically that simple, but there is a spring loaded plunger in there. When you go to put the handle back in you may have to push that back out of the way. Also the pin only goes one direction, it has a fat head on one end.

Yeppers. That one. The hurst line lock came with an old school momentary switch that has a thick rubber sleeve that is meant to mount around a shift handle. The shifter handle knob is to large to slip it over from the easy end so I have to go in deeper and slip it over from the hard end because it will be smaller down there.

I looked up a bit about it and miraculously found a picture from you on how to remove it! Looked like you drove the pin upwards to remove it. Thanks for the tips.
                ~David~

Comment

When you go to the stick, I have found the most efficacious for shifting and most comfortable are the ball type & the Long pistol type grip both w/button on top.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

I have a round hurst ball for when the time comes.

Some pics of the recently completed work....

The car all washed up:

(this was an ONR wash with ammo hydrate drying) No full washed for the car.

Here is the line lock installed onto its bracket I made up....Getting painted next week...

Here is the backside..Nuts welded in place and a grommet to sneak the wire through for a cleaner installed look:

Some engine bay shots showcasing the stockness of the latest fuse box install:

And the interior where you can see the line lock active light on the a pillar as well as the line lock activate switch on the shift handle:

And the police pod...just because:

Here is a short walk around the car while it is running....

Attached Files
                    ~David~

Comment

A few more....

Once the line lock control valve bracket is painted I will then install the brake lines, bleed the brakes and see if anything leaks. Then try it out!
                      Attached Files
                      ~David~

Comment

Very nice!

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

On the Capri I have a switch to toggle between line lock or line lock + 2 step. Line lock for burnout, both for launch.

Comment

Speed racer!

One gripe I have had since I did the inner fender swap over to gain the more modern air intake system is that massive white connector you can see wedged in between the air box and the washer fluid reservoir. It currently has like 4 or 5 wires running through the damn thing. I think I am going to lop it off and extend/solder all the wires together. Its big, bulky, in the way and I have never once disconnected it. It is GOING. Unless there is a reason not to do that....

~David~

Comment

NFC what it's connected to, but if you're talking eliminating the plug altogether, one possibility would be keep the plug but add long enough pieces of wire to hide it.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
                              mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

pretty sure thats the header panel light harness connector. Useful if you ever need to remove the header panel for some reason.
                                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                                X