My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slack View Post

Also, any issues with the auto head lights? It looks like the sensor holes are a little different.

Is it wiggly with it not being screwed/glued down? I've been curious about these Coverlays for years.
    The cut out is just a little off for the autolamps to function as normal. Sun out but not directly overhead and the autolamps turn on. Directly overhead and autolamps do not turn on. It works..just more sensitive. If I were to remove the factory dash perforations for the autolamp eye I am sure it would work more stock like. Does not bother me. I'll live with it.

It also fit very well in place. First drive with it this morning and it is not going anywhere. Very happy with it overall. Would recommend.

Originally posted by packman View Post
    Looks great.

Mine has been sitting in the basement for years; waiting for me to pay attention to the interior of my CV. LOL
    Thanks Jacob.

Few pics from after this mornings clean up:

Attached Files
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Man you got a clean engine bay; so pretty!!! What size battery cables you got? They look massive.

Comment

Think the positive is 000 Overkill.

Some from this morning cruise...time will tell if the audio gets yanked for copyright reasons.... until then enjoy the soothing sounds of the engine and trans...

~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

No alarm clock needed when David is cruising the streets!
          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

I see you have one of those retractable under hood lights. Those are sweet. I am looking for a couple more at a reasonable price.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
                I see you have one of those retractable under hood lights. Those are sweet. I am looking for a couple more at a reasonable price.
                Yes. A novelty I picked up years ago at the junkyard. It works too and the magnetic on it makes it super handy once pulled out. I just dont have the electrical connector plugged in. Same goes for the trunk lights. Guess I have a fear of the mercury switch failing and draining the battery.
                ~David~

Comment

I would be worried about the dash pad ending up in my lap when I was properly launching and powershifting that 5 speed...
                  **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                  **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                  **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                  **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Was a concern of mine too on my first test drive. It did fine the way I drive. Not even a peep out of it. Fits in well around the vents and the rubber frog I have wedged between the glass and center of the pad does the rest of the work.
                    ~David~

Comment

I wanted red calipers. Went to junkyard to see what was around...all was super crusty. Hopped on rockauto and found that powerstop sells red powdercoated front 2002 calipers. I picked up new 1992 rears and then powdercoated them myself...some pics of that below.

New rear calipers awaiting full disassembly for media blasting and powder coating:

All apart and right caliper media blasted:

Both calipers after blasting and outgassing...ready for powder:

Brite red powder applied just before putting into the oven:

After curing:

And fully reassembled:

Install will likely take place over the winter. New pads will go on at the same time.

I also have a drive shaft safety loop awaiting install.
                      Attached Files
                      ~David~

Comment

Those seats were a great upgrade. 88-89 with the larger headrests are quite comfortable. Hope to see this car someday...
                        -Nick M.
                        Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
                        03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

Thanks. I am very happy with them.
                          ~David~

Comment

Been eyeing something like this for some time and finally found a set. Two extremely tight 21mm bolts later and I have them. I pulled them from a 1993 Town Car.

Drivers side was quite dirty. Some diluted super clean, brushes and my steamer and they look so damn good now...cannot wait to get them in the car.

Before:

After:

Oh I also picked up a spare hood because I had a vehicle to fit it in!

Much happy.

Attached Files
                            ~David~

Comment

so happy you're sideways
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Oooo integrated hideaway cup holders! I would go for that upgrade.
                                1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                                1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                                Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                                Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Working...
                                X