No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll go against the crowd and say I don't like the v6 pony rims. I don't know what it is, maybe it's because their too flat looking.

Now I usually also hate bullitts, because their so played out, but they look damn good on that car.
    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
      I'll go against the crowd and say I don't like the v6 pony rims. I don't know what it is, maybe it's because their too flat looking.

Now I usually also hate bullitts, because their so played out, but they look damn good on that car.
      x2
      1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
      1994 MGM GS Montigua
      2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
      2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

It's a wash to me. The bullitts are a bit "played out" but they still looked good. The V6s have a bit of a "classy" feel as a nod to the fact that it IS still a 3800 pound grandpas' car with a vinyl roof.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
        160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
        waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
          Here are two pics just taken

BEAST i like them a lot
          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post

Can't wait for warmer weather...dead pedal, Mustang Fog Light switch and Mustang Amp Pull switch to come.
            Got the dead pedal and the on/off foglight illuminated switch in my '09 last month. You will like them in your car too!!
            sigpic2009 Grand Marquis LS "Ultimate Edition" Toreador Red Metallic, 40% tint, CVPI type dual exhaust, Marauder front and rear sways, 29k (traded in, to dealer, 4/3/11)

1987 Colony Park LS. 190k, (given to friend/mechanic 2/24/12)

2011 Subaru Outback, 19k; 1991 Mercedes 560SEC AMG, 186k; 1995 Mercedes E420, 145k

Comment

Thanks guys. And Jim. You are lucky one is made for your application. I have to go ahead and "make" a fox bodied mustang one fit my car.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by rick99601 View Post
                x2
                x3. I think the mustang wheels are ugly and the bullets look awesome on this car and totally change the look of it
                79 Grand Marquis

Comment

Some pics with the Throgs Neck Bridge.

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                  my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

awsome pics! i think iv been there when playing GTA IV loLz...

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Very nice pics David!!!
                      1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
                      1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                      1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                      1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

I'm liking the wheel change. Looks great!
                        2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                        2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                        Past Panthers
                        1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                        if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

photo's are looking great dave can't wait to see some when spring rolls around

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                          302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                          k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

I think the new wheels look purdy good.

And I still like those mudflaps.

sigpic
                            - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

All the things in life that get me down and I can never think I can afford or do repairs to my MGM but this thread is very motivational just brings out the spirit in me to do what ever I can. Great Job on the Vic it certainly didn't fix it self just by you looking at it great effort.

Comment

Car went from meh to awesome in just a wheel change... Looks great.
                                79 Grand Marquis

Comment

Working...
                                X