My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys.

I love the other wheels too. You just dont recognize the spinners on them in the photos. In person the flatness disappears with the shiny spinners in place.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Oh gawd it looks 10,000 times better with the bullits on it!
      2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
        Oh gawd it looks 10,000 times better with the bullits on it!
        this x10,000

I can't wait to put mine back on
        Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
        New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Originally posted by EHJ710 View Post
          Got the dead pedal and the on/off foglight illuminated switch in my '09 last month. You will like them in your car too!!
          Can someone explain what the point of that pedal is?

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
            Can someone explain what the point of that pedal is?
            To remind you its still a auto lol

Comment

a nice place to rest your un-used foot.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Partly as a footrest, but also in turns it gives you a way to brace yourself. I find in curves in the vic I'm putting a worrying amount of pressure on the door panel. This way you can be more comfortable because you just plant your left foot on the dead pedal.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

That car looks proper! If we could only change one of the POTM photos. You must have attracted a lot of attention driving that car last week.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                    That car looks proper! If we could only change one of the POTM photos. You must have attracted a lot of attention driving that car last week.

Packman
                    Thanks Jacob. And yes. I do have a lot of people whipping their heads around to check it out. It is awesome. The best is around town where I could be cruising at 35 or so, slam on the gas drop the tranny to first and let the exhaust roar as I pull away. Really puts a smile on my face. I am just glad she isn't the daily driver anymore. I don't want to much attention that things begin missing off of her.
                    ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Thing looks great, very muscular!!!! I say the Bullits kickass! They may be used a lot but thats doesnt change the fact that they are tough looking wheels. Makes you car look very aggresive like a muscle car I am planning on some Torq-Thrust D's and RWL tires for my 87 once I get the motor swapped.
                      -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
                      -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

^Thanks!
                        ~David~

Comment

0 - 60, 1/4 mile, 3-1 down shift pull, engine rev and walkaround.

G Tech Pro measured

0-60 at 8.43 seconds

1/4 time at 16.75 seconds

1/4 speed at 84.1 MPH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXwyMuuSGvE

Please let me know if it works. First video I have uploaded..using the private settings..
                          ~David~

Comment

Great video! Very nice sunny weather in new york!
                            1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
                            1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                            1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                            1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

Cool video, so the little device you've got there too that has the 1/4 mile times, that work with gps or is it wired into the car somehow?

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
                              1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
                              1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

nice video. If my car sounded that good I'd have a lot of tickets.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                                160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                                waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Working...
                                X