My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jason_GMQ91 View Post
    Great video! Very nice sunny weather in new york!
    Thanks Jason. Just a bit nippy out. Hovering around 50 Fahrenheit.

Originally posted by FatNasty View Post
    Cool video, so the little device you've got there too that has the 1/4 mile times, that work with gps or is it wired into the car somehow?
    Mark, this device is a G Tech Pro. Can be found on ebay between 25 and 70 bucks..That is what I have been seeing them go for over the past months. They came out in 1994 and were the only model until 2001...just to give you an idea of how highly they believed in their product.

Measures 0-60 time, 60-0 braking distance, ¼ mile time, trap speed, horsepower, instantaneous G's and continuous G's. For horsepower I would have to input the weight of the vehicle...

According to the owners/operators manual “precision accelerometers” are used to calculate acceleration or G Force. Basically I plug the unit into my 12 outlet and level the unit horizontally so it displays .00 G's. I push the button for 0-60/ ¼ and it displays -GO- on the screen.....once I punch it the accelerometers begin doing their thing. Manual says it measures “your speed and distance traveled by integrating acceleration over time.” They say it measures speed every 2.5 milliseconds to maintain its accuracy. Recommend to average your runs because of the amount of variables.

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
    nice video. If my car sounded that good I'd have a lot of tickets.
    Thanks John. I wish it was louder to be honest. I wish my pops let me install his high flow catted h pipe instead of this NOS 87 mustang h pipe I have. Would probably sound way nicer..but I am happy with it...especially punching it around town and dropping to first and pulling away. I just love that!
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Holy Crap! I just listened to the video with good (non laptop) speakers. WOW..During the 1/4 mile run I can hear the air being sucked into my CVPI air box!
      ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Wow, that's loud.

Did I really see a STOP SIGN on the entrance ramp to the motorway?
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
          Wow, that's loud.

Lol I saw that too!!!

Car looks totally tits by the way.

Seriously congrats on a job well done!
          1986 Mercury Grand Marquis "5.0" (160,000)

2011 Ford Crown Victoria "4.6" (54,000)

2015 Jeep Wrangler JK Willys "3.6" (48,000)

Comment

Wow, that's loud.

Yep. The on ramp is way to short to have everyone trying to merge on right after coming down that hill. Gives me a good place to activate the G Tech Pro though.

Originally posted by Georges86 View Post

Car looks totally tits by the way.

Seriously congrats on a job well done!
            Thanks George. Appreciate it.
            ~David~

Comment

yeah that onramp is either the scariest thing ever, or the most awesome thing ever. Possibly both.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
              160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
              waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Sounds nice. What part number were the mufflers? They seem pretty loud for Magnaflows, especially with the cats on there.

I'd like to try some different mufflers on my car; the current sound is unique, but I like some rasp in the exhaust.

Also, remember that when you are timing using one of those performance tools, tire spinning entirely skews the results.

Wow, that's loud.

The Merritt Parkway, which runs almost parallel to I-95 through through southern Connecticut, occasionally has stop signs at on ramps (not all of on ramps have them, but some do). They are tight 'cloverleaf' ramps, and it can get interesting. Getting on and off that road is a pain in the balls, unless you get on at the start and take it to the end.
                **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Thanks.

Nate, I think they are 11236. I say "think" because..well I am not sure. They came off a guy's 86 Mustang. They were definitely from a kit because the hangers were welded on from magnaflow. Looking at the magnaflow website they specify this size muffler 4x9x14" 2.5 in out offset offset. Mine are fully stainless and polished...
                  ~David~

Comment

In preparation for a judged car show Sunday I set aside 3 hours today and polished up all the trim on the car. I also washed the wheels and tires and polished the lip of the wheels as well. Saturday will be the complete detail day. Meguiar's Gold Class Shampoo and Conditioner car wash...car does not need a clay bar as the paint is still new...Meguiar's Ultimate polish and Meguiar's Gold Class paste wax. Complete 303 aerospace treatment on rubbers, lenses, tires, bumper rub stripes, vinyl inserts on the granny moldings and vinyl top and Meguiar's Ultimate spray wax for the jambs and hard to reach areas like the grille squares, headlight bezels and such. Just go over the interior lightly with some interior detailer spray and pick up whatever dust is about...interior is always kept spottless so not much work needs to be done there. Go over all the glass with some glass cleaner..inside and out. I do not wish to leave the hood open at the show because I do not want anybody leaning in over the fenders or header panel to see anything in the engine so I doubt I will go too crazy under the hood. Probably just take a couple rags and wipe everything down and 303 the black plastics (fuse box, vacuum/relay box, CVPI air intake etc.)
                    ~David~

Comment

nice vid dave! i love the hood ornament cam view. and newyork looks great! you still have your mufflers dump before the rear end right?

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Thanks! And yeppers to the exhaust dumped before the rear.
                        ~David~

Comment

so thats why it louder than normal...i like! hope you win best of show at the car show

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Pure Sex DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Comment

Thanks for the G tech pro info, looks like something I definitely want to get.

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
                              1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
                              1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

Thanks Guys. And I would probably get an updated one. You are electronically savvy and would appreciate all the extra functions the newer ones have.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X