No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulled off the wheels and cleaned the back/insides of them this morning and polished the lugnuts. Also polished up the underside of the wheel well moldings and the back side of my stainless mudflaps.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

How she sits as of 12pm waiting for her day to shine tomorrow.

~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

my eyes hurt from the shine! lol. one offtopic question, do you have any rb issues with those wheels and drop springs in the front?

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

No rubbing issues from what I can tell. The wheel is close to the fender lips but everything clears fine.
          ~David~

Comment

ok cool, now can you do me a huge favor? messure the overall diameter? after looking at GMGTs fron wheel clearence, i just wanted to verify the drop springs will work. and when are you gonna get tail pipes installed?

Comment

Once the show is over I can measure for you. Right now with everything sparkling I tend to not want to go near it. I know the tires are 255/50/17 which I am sure you can find a measurement on somewhere.

About the tail pipes...not sure. Do not want to leave the car at a shop because nobody cares about anything these days...especially with something this big it is just not worth it bringing it to a place that will just dent it up by opening doors to wide and such. Just dont want to deal with it. Will probably purchase impy tailpipes one of these months and install those add some pipe to bring the pipe near near the rear bumper and add my magnaflow 3 inch wide 18 inch long stainless steel tips. I want tailpipes but am also content with the current dumps.
              ~David~

Comment

very well...and im in no rush, when ever you can get that measurment is good. i preffer real time mesurments

Comment

At 1:54, that downshift made me smile...thing sounds brute mang, the rev at the end was mean also! Wow, you got it shined up good! Random question, what was the song that was playing in the start of the vid? Sounds like Limp Bizkit?
                  -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
                  -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                    3 pics of pure sex
                    Dear Dave,

Thank You for just making me Jizz myself. Now I have to do a load of Laundry.

Sincerely,
                    One insanely jealous 18 year old.

Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                    New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Originally posted by 87DeuceVic View Post
                      At 1:54, that downshift made me smile...thing sounds brute mang, the rev at the end was mean also! Wow, you got it shined up good! Random question, what was the song that was playing in the start of the vid? Sounds like Limp Bizkit?
                      Thanks! Appreciate the compliment.

And yes that was Limp Bizkit. I do not know what song though.

Originally posted by hemihotrod402 View Post
                      Dear Dave,

Thank You for just making me Jizz myself. Now I have to do a load of Laundry.

Sincerely,
                      One insanely jealous 18 year old.

Well prepare yourself for another round of play.

Today I entered the car into a car show near Belmont Race Track.

The words of the day were "CLEAN" "SLEEPER" and "DIFFERENT" that is what i heard the most from people. Took home 4th place after all was said and done. The judging classes were strange because there were a couple of mustangs in my class while exactly the same mustangs (year and all) were put into other classes. Whatever. Got fourth place with a Grand National taking first an SVO taking second, a Mustang GT Convert with supercharger tied for second, a EL Camino getting third as well as a Malibu and some buick regal looking thing also taking forth. A lot of ties in my class which was good for me!

Some pics from the day:

Some nice ones with the sun:

AHHHH Blinded....

My absolute favorite picture I have ever taken of the car:

Put into my class:

This is a great picture as well:

The judging sheet:

Some of the cars that beat me out:

And my prized pony and her trophy

Last edited by 87gtVIC; 04-03-2011, 07:50 PM.
                      ~David~

Comment

trophies FTW! what class did you win?

Comment

You need to detail the brakes (and I know you hate that word). Black drums and calipers/ rotor hats would be perfect. In the profile shots, my eyes are drawn to those 'rust spots'.

Otherwise, congratulations.
                          **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                          **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                          **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                          **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                            trophies FTW! what class did you win?
                            No idea! Really...no idea. Stuff isn't much organized here lol

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                            You need to detail the brakes (and I know you hate that word). Black drums and calipers/ rotor hats would be perfect. In the profile shots, my eyes are drawn to those 'rust spots'.

Otherwise, congratulations.
                            Agreed. I think I will purchase new calipers and drums to give the paint a great base...not to mention it being a hell of a lot easier to do it that way. And thanks!
                            Last edited by 87gtVIC; 04-03-2011, 07:55 PM.
                            ~David~

Comment

great photos dave I like the buick t type interesting car

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                              302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                              k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Congrats on the trophy !!!
                                sigpic

1988 Signature Series Town Car

Comment

Working...
                                X