No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Towncars did not come from the factory with hydroboost. Could have been Mark 7 parts though, they had hydroboost in 84 before the whacked out ABS system came along. Never driven a hydroboost vehicle but I'm told it has a lot more assist than vacuum brakes, and is really well suited for heavy vehicles but they tend to be very touchy. I'd imagine it changes a lot as the PS fluid warms up too.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Have a new dual warning buzzer/chime on the way as the old dual warning chime was fairly low in volume. I decided if I was going to change it out that I might as well go for something different. I chose a mid 80's Mustang dual warning buzzer that is very irritating to say the least. Cannot wait to get it installed. Also have to figure out first why the headlight chime currently does not work on my car. I suspect the headlight switch does not put out the ground it is supposed to..easy fix if that is the case. Tap into the illumination circuit..run that to a relay and spit out a ground to the stock wiring leading to the dual warning buzzer/chime.

Here is how annoying the new piece will be.

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

LOL The first thing I do when I get a car is find the buzzer and throw it out the window.
        1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
        2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
        sigpic

Comment

I know that is what the guy said that I was purchasing it from.
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

lol My 87 has nearly the same sounding buzzer added to it. Annoying, but it's 80's vibe is cool.
            2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
            2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
            2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
            1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Yes. That is my thought.
              ~David~

Comment

oh you cleaned under the hood finally!!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I sorta want to wire up the sound from my mom's old 85 New Yorker. It would actually say "The Door is ajar" or "Headlights are on" or "Key in ignition." Probably wouldn't be SUPER hard to wire up something like that...

But man that buzzer is obnoxious.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                  160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                  waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

I remember driving an older Mack that used to have a buzzer like that when the air pressure was low.

I think its neat.

My Dad's '68 Buick has a similar sound. A little more high pitched though.
                    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

My Towncar had the dinger originally. One of the door switches got wet while I was driving in the rain, and that goddamn thing dinged at me for 45 minutes until I got where I was going. Once I arrived, the radio came out so I could get the dinger, and it hasn't been re-installed since.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I am hoping I do not have to remove the radio to get to mine....My radio has washers behind the mounting plate to shim everything correctly behind the entire dash overlay. pita to say the least getting everything back together.
                        ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
                          I sorta want to wire up the sound from my mom's old 85 New Yorker. It would actually say "The Door is ajar" or "Headlights are on" or "Key in ignition." ...
                          Or as Eddie Murphys' car said, 'someone stole your battery'

Pete
                          For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                          1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                          1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Finally got around to installing the dead pedal I purchased last year. I don't know what took me so long as it was super easy for me to install. I dont have any pictures because the process went so quick but I will describe what I have done.

I slipped the dead pedal bracket behind the kick panel and discovered that the base of the dead pedal bracket was jamming into the carpet (I wanted the pedal more vertical) so I marked off a little section of the pedal to cut (it was not the actual face of the pedal but part of the bend leading to the face of the pedal). This allowed me to get the pedal positioned more vertical.

Okay. So I then took tape and taped around the pedal on the carpet so I would know the position I would want once I removed the kick panel. With kick panel removed I was glad to see that the mounting points were against solid metal I would bolt the bracket to.

Marked my holes and drilled. Placed three washers between the body and the bracket on the lower bolt so the pedal would sit level and I was done with mounting the dead pedal bracket.

Then all I had to do was trim a piece (like the size of my pinky toe) of the kick panel so the panel would sit back correctly. I will get some pics once my buzzer arrives and I tackle that job.
                            ~David~

Comment

ROFL @ buzzer in the video. My '81 has a key-in-ignition buzzer like that, but I just unplugged the extra wire to the lock cylinder. Wiring a buzzer to the lights, on the other hand, might be slightly convenient, and maybe not even that hard to do ....
                              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

There is an output from the headlight switch that actually connects to the lock cylinder ground. Find that output of the headlight switch and tap that into the wire from the lock cylinder and it will work. If your headlamp switch does not push out a ground in park, or head then just run a power from the headlamp (power as in powering the headlights and lamps) to a relay coil, ground the relay, put a ground to pin 30 as well. Then the output of the relay to the lock cylinder wire and it will do the same as your lock cylinder was doing while that was plugged in.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X