No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A dedicated output from the headlight switch, eh? That'd be handy if mine has that.

Also handy to know that the thingy apparently works by grounding instead of powering. Thanks!
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Yeah. the buzzer gets power while the car is off simply by opening the door. The courtsey light switch loops power over to the buzzer waiting for a ground from the key in ignition of the headlight switch in park or head. When the vehicle starts the fuse panel sends power to the buzzer and buzzes for a certain amount of time or or until you click on your seatbelt.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Fixed the headlight buzzer this morning via the above directions....Just had not realized that it would still sound now for those utilizing auto headlights. No biggie. I keep the delay on the shortest time possible and by the time I get my CLUB on the headlights go out. Got rained on while working and went inside. Mail man delivered my buzzer today so I plopped that in and all is well. Then it began to rain again so no time to reinstall all onto the bracket and bolt the bracket up to the dash braces. That guy i purchased the buzzer from is great. Came to me in under two days!
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
          I sorta want to wire up the sound from my mom's old 85 New Yorker. It would actually say "The Door is ajar" or "Headlights are on" or "Key in ignition." Probably wouldn't be SUPER hard to wire up something like that...

But man that buzzer is obnoxious.
          OMG I just looked it up. Freaking hilarious...I may have to look for one at the yard to play around with. ahahahhaha it is funny as hell. Do you have any idea where the module is located? I dont see why it cannot be integrated unless it is part of a much bigger digital cluster stuff.

~David~

Comment

had one screwed up come into the shop once "your oil is ajar"

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
              OMG I just looked it up. Freaking hilarious...I may have to look for one at the yard to play around with. ahahahhaha it is funny as hell. Do you have any idea where the module is located? I dont see why it cannot be integrated unless it is part of a much bigger digital cluster stuff.
              Sorry, I was about eleven when it was sold. No technical knowledge.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
              160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
              waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
                had one screwed up come into the shop once "your oil is ajar"
                Jeez. This may be part of a bigger system if it is capable of making errors like that.

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
                Sorry, I was about eleven when it was sold. No technical knowledge.
                No biggie.
                ~David~

Comment

Interior Update Video

Little video about the last couple things I have done.

Just noticed that I said 65 Mustang..INCORRECT. 68 with automatic! ALSO I said ignition buzzer time out. INCORRECT. The seat belt buzzer times out. What was i thinking???
                  Last edited by 87gtVIC; 05-21-2011, 03:44 PM.
                  ~David~

Comment

Took her out for what could have been a nice Sunday stroll..but that quickly changed when I began encountering dumb-asses all over the place. Watch me go for a drive in lovely New York while expressing how I truly feel.

Last edited by 87gtVIC; 05-22-2011, 07:13 PM.
                    ~David~

Comment

ok, are you sure your not lieing about being mafia italian? you may hide the accent pretty good but, you sure have the attitude and swearing awsome vids though!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Nice vids man.. And bunch of Fucktard drivers around her too that why my front end is smashed

Comment

Thanks guys.

I normally am a really mellow person but I have to get all defensive when I am in my car and encountering people like I have on video.
                          ~David~

Comment

Gotta wonder how some people get there liecence.
                            you'r car is looking great otherwise.

1980 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Signature Series
                            351 4 bbl, AOD, 3.08 open
                            duel exhaust with cherry bombs

Comment

I was born in the Bronx so I know NY drivers but if you REALLY want to turn into a serial killer try driving here in South Florida! I am currently developing an "asshole repellant" I can spray on my car to keep all the wonderfully skilled drivers at bay!! My hat is off to Dave and all the younger guys (I am 56) that have such attention to detail and the drive to maintain and improve their vehicles. I hope you all continue to be safe and healthy so this rich tradition can continue!!! Bobby

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Dallas isn't any better.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                                Originally posted by dmccaig
                                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                                X