No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much was the lense? I think I might get one, that would probably work better with the LED than this crappy yellowed one.

Comment

Just under six dollars. Tell you what John. If you convert back to the prong style dome light I will let you try out my LED lens. I drilled two holes and installed blue leds in the lens. If you like it you can have it.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
        Just under six dollars. Tell you what John. If you convert back to the prong style dome light I will let you try out my LED lens. I drilled two holes and installed blue leds in the lens. If you like it you can have it.
        I never had anything other than the push in type 194 style lenses...

Comment

You lose then.
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

You lose then.
            I'll save my 6 bucks, and use your lense and see how it looks with my blue LEDs.

Comment

:no: This new lens in staying in place.
              ~David~

Comment

:no: This new lens in staying in place.
                Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                You create vacuum.
                I just wanted to see how the blue light looked, I wasn't gonna take yours for my own lol.

Comment

:p

Here is a quick interior video of the BB....the music is from the car...not added after.

I also polished the mufflers up this morning...no pics but they are sparkling again.
                  Last edited by 87gtVIC; 07-30-2011, 05:38 PM.
                  ~David~

Comment

Very f'n nice!!! I imagine you get a lot of compliments for the work you've done to your CV.

Packman

Comment

Thanks Jacob. The interior of the car is as nice if not nicer than the exterior. I have people saying that my car looks better then a car they just purchased new.
                      ~David~

Comment

Some fresh pics of my baby.

Pressure washed the engine compartment, washed, polished and paste waxed (meguiar's gold class) the exterior, 303 aerospace treatment on rubbers, vinyl top, chrome and engine bay, turtle wax tire shine etc etc....

~David~

Comment

She's looking good, all ready for Scottfest... How come you didn't put the clear lenses on yet?

Comment

I am waiting to purchase the Hella's and change over everything all at once.
                            ~David~

Comment

looks good David.

When are you going to blow up the motor and drop a 351w in its place?
                              sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Thanks Josh. I have no idea. I am trying my best...within reason.. WOT all round town and highways, 5K+rpm's etc etc...I guess I have a really good engine. Thing runs really strong for what it is but I do want to drop in something meaner.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X