No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Following the first six years during which you owned and drove the car illegally?

:cops:
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Car sat in the back yard between 2004-2006. Once I turned 17 I then started to drive.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Nice! Wait 'til ya get the crate engine. Your father will be freaking out when he drives with you at that point. My dad is the same way. Luckily I have an ally who owns and approves of the mods done to her CV

Packman

Comment

Progress?

Just some test panels sprayed out and the main panel all welded together sitting in etching primer.

I think the tan, black and silver test panel would be a bit too elaborate so I am currently leaning towards painting the panel the cars interior color. Only one sang....it does not match all too well when sitting right on top of any existing part of the interior. SEM sells some interior lacquer as well as vinyl paint in the OEM sand beige color so I may look into that for a finished product.
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

SEM's stuff is usually a good match. Tried "touching up" the COLD button on my '95 GM's EATC but the paint didn't stick. Did work on the dashboard bezel, however! Bobby

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Good to hear SEM has a following. One thing I forgot to mention is that the tan/beige colors above are all textured to match the interior of the car. Little trick with the professional undercoating spray can I had picked up. Spray two feet back and just feather the undercoating on the panel to get that interior grainy texture feel.
              ~David~

Comment

I may finally get back to my normal work place (Field Shop) Wednesday or Thursday so the fog lamp bezel project can proceed. The wire separator project will also begin...gotta have the fabricators chop an inch or two off one of the p.side separator so it clears the compressor.

This morning I pulled the cover off the car and dusted it off. Had to jump it with another battery I had..I just didnt want to run the battery down to nothing and lose all memory settings.....

Raced it around town a bit then recorded the mileage so I can send in my papers to have it inspected (). Since last year I only put 880 miles on it. lol

I then covered her back up. Can't wait for spring. I have a brandy new Meguiars Clay bar kit waiting for that nice Hot Chocolate Metallic paint.
                ~David~

Comment

i still love your detailing. im guessing you got the top of the line clay bar kit? im thinking im gonna get this too, for gmgt. im also thinking(if i find the time lol) of making a gauge pod/box to sit on top of the dash, in the center.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                  1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                  1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                  2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                  2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Thanks!

I don't know if it is top of the line but the kit purchased included two clay bars with a plastic container to store them, detailing spray/lube to use the clay with, a supreme shine microfiber towel, as well as ultimate spray wax. After I do the clay bar treatment the car will be compounded by hand, polished by hand then waxed by hand. Should have it looking tip top shape for the summer.
                    ~David~

Comment

I hope you will again post photos after you are done. I expect GREAT results as you always keep your cars so clean (not an easy thing to do up North). Since I have the same color on my '87 GM I KNOW how good it is going to look!!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

Comment

Wait...You too had your car repainted in 2010 BMW Hot Chocolate Metallic!?

I will always post photos.
                        ~David~

Comment

Sorry for the misunderstanding. It is original Dark Clove Metallic. Probably looks about the same. By the way, I LOVE your photos as they are so clean and I really appreciate the attention to detail!! Bobby

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                            I This morning I pulled the cover off the car and dusted it off. Had to jump it with another battery I had..I just didnt want to run the battery down to nothing and lose all memory settings.....

Raced it around town a bit then recorded the mileage so I can send in my papers to have it inspected (). Since last year I only put 880 miles on it. lol

I then covered her back up. Can't wait for spring. I have a brandy new Meguiars Clay bar kit waiting for that nice Hot Chocolate Metallic paint.

Good plan. You have classic plates and insurance for that, right? I'm thinking of pushing my father to sell Putter Project to me, so that I can do the same. I don't put that many miles on it each year.

Packman

Comment

No. Car can only get classic plates on its 26 year...and I am too young to get that insurance.
                              ~David~

Comment

30 years here in Florida for Classic Plates! Still gotta wait......

Comment

Working...
                                X