• Show
Clear All

Wow pretty cool!
    1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
    1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
    1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
    1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

You have the same radiator cap as me mang!

Comment

Trim Removed and Painted Intake Plaque

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
        You have the same radiator cap as me mang!
        lol.

Today I removed the window round trims. I also removed the door panels, the fender molding and 5.0 emblem. After that was done i polished up the window rounds. I used Never dull and it really impressed me. I had some over spray on the trim, as well as hazy looking metal. It removed the over spray greatly and reduced the haziness to an acceptable level. This cars trim is gonna really pop!

ps. my car feels like a race car with no door panels

Primered

The trim unpolished (i did not really have in mind to compare them so this is what you get)

Polished

Just a shot or two of how good the car looks wet lol or after a wax. (i actually was cleaning off bird shit)

Painted black

My car from afar. You can see it has no window rounds.

Cleared

Cleared and placed in the shed to bake in the heat.

My headliner and one interior window trim

My door panels

Other interior window trim

Armrest trim

And the window rounds inside safe from the elements. (Maybe i should dust my room)
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

funzies!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

haha.

wasnt really fun. The painting was...but pulling the window round trims was a pain. I had to pull out the vent windows, loosen up the dew wipes. and remove the window channels just to get the window rounds off.

Surprisingly not one thing broke during the entire endeavor.
            ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Wow! you did doing a good job removed some trims inside of your car and outside as well. I was going to plan to remove the headliner inside of my Lincoln, because need replace my vinyl top soon. I wondering how hard to remove inside of my car? need to be very careful to remove it...right?

Comment

Yea especially because you car is even older than mine you must be twice as careful. First thing i did was remove the piece of trim that runs a long the top from the drivers side a pillar molding to the passengers side a pillar molding. Then i removed the rear trim inside the back of the car right next to the rear window. Then i removed the trim right above both doors. All of those come off by pulling hard straight down. Then i removed the interior opera trim ( i find it easier to do if you remove the back seat) You will also have to unbolt the seat belts. There may be some fasteners on it that will require you to pull the entire trim panel straight out. Do that for both sides. Next i removed the visors, then the dome light and pushed the headliner towards the back of the car so it clears the a pillar moldings and remove the headliner through the passengers side door.
                ~David~

Comment

Blacked Out Grille

A while back i bought a grille off of Petemang. It looked really sweet the stock way, but i had to mess with it and paint it. This turned out to be a 8 hour job. But that is ok. I rather do it right the first time than do it twice.

Here is how the day started. With a pretty shiny grille, with some ugly looking reflection in it.

Then i began sanding every square. I used a piece of plexiglass with sand paper wrapped around it. It worked great. BTW there are 210 holes to sand.

The carnage.

All sanded.

Washed with soap and water and rinsed well after the sanding.

Masked off.

The products.

Primed.

Painted black.

After being cleared and removing the masking tape.

It looks damn sexy. The tape let some paint bleed a tad, but i think i will be able to easily take care of it.

I decided to use a gloss black as opposed to a flat black because my entire car will be repainted soon and i wanted everything to look "hot like fire" I will also repaint the head light bezels gloss black as well to match the new hotness. plus i can use a little touch up paint brush and duplicolor touch up paint in a little container to cover up any nicks and keep it looking all glossy.
                  ~David~

Comment

wow, beauitful grille! nice job david.

Comment

damn, that is amazing! great work!
                      -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

I've never seen a vic waffle painted like that. Nice!!!

You going slicktop?
                        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason_MarkVI View Post
                          wow, beauitful grille! nice job david.

Thanks Jason It was a lot of work, but well worth it.

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                          damn, that is amazing! great work!
                          Thanks Phil. I had plenty of practice, did my old grille over two years ago, but this time i used primer and gloss black it really looks better than the flat black

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
                          I've never seen a vic waffle painted like that. Nice!!!

You going slicktop?
                          Thank you Tom. I hope i did not offend anyone by painting a perfect grille.

No slick top for me, maybe in 25 years when the Vic is due for another paint job lol. I am very fortunate to have all of the work done for very little money so i cannot push my luck and overstay my welcome. I would have loved to go slick topped but under the circumstances it will not happen. I do like vinyl as well though so i am not completely disappointed. I wouldnt mind having a coach roof though.
                          ~David~

Comment

Dave it`s looking very nice, love your work..
                            2000 Crown Vic LX HPP Red w/3:55 Rears
                            85 Crown Vic Stock w/HPP`s
                            07 JCL 250 A Scooter
                            79 to 91 Mercedes S Class W126 US or Euro Versions coming soon

Comment

That grill sure is pretty.
                              1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
                              2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
                              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
                              sigpic

Comment

I like the blacked grille.

But, I think you're on ludes for spending that much time on it.
                                **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                                **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                                **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                                **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Working...
                                X