No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks good dave mang nice and clean under there how does your ac work pretty good I see it's converted with a 134a low side fitting

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
    302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
    k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Fittings are 134 but the freon I have is r12. My dad fills regular 134 freon cans up with the 12 and then he can transfer it to my car. Nobody had 12 fittings to make a fill hose out of too keep at home hence the adapters.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

R12 a/c FTW. Looking good as always.
        2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
        2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
        Past Panthers
        1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
        if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
          Yeah. I have planned too but it would be done while IN the car. No way will I disrupt the working system just for paint. I just gotta pull a large drop cloth over the car and cut/tape around what I want and not want to paint.
          Perfect plan! I did the same thing as there is NO way we are going to mess with success!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Lookin Killer Mang

Comment

Thanks Everyone.
              ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Yay Video....s of me cruising the local expresways and parkways etc.

~David~

Comment

And another

~David~

Comment

Damn that's a nice engine compartment! I would go crazy cleaning mine, but my friggin valve covers keep leaking and making a mess of things. Plus I gotta rip the underhood lining down. The combo of leaking oil and disintegrating hood liner are making a messof the engine.

Tomorrow when I am in my other office I will watch your vids with some real speakers.

Packman

Comment

I should just give you my car for a week to clean up all the stuff I've been too damn lazy to get to.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

cool vids dave! i wish i could find cool places to go for a cruise. here is nothing but hills and traffic lights. i was wondering, how do you mount your camera to be so steady?

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                          Damn that's a nice engine compartment! I would go crazy cleaning mine, but my friggin valve covers keep leaking and making a mess of things. Plus I gotta rip the underhood lining down. The combo of leaking oil and disintegrating hood liner are making a messof the engine.

Tomorrow when I am in my other office I will watch your vids with some real speakers.

Packman
                          Thanks Jacob.

BUT WAIT...there is more!!!

Picked these up: http://www.ebay.com/itm/7MM-8MM-CHRO...d0f35f&vxp=mtr

Two sets to be exact.

Test fit...little snug being that my plug wires are 9mm:

And off for paint...painted:

Speaking of Hood liners..one of the things that I am looking for. I see them on ebay again: http://www.ebay.com/itm/310338313135...84.m1438.l2649

Probably pick that up soon.

Be a bit cautious listening to the video. Some of the music is inappropriate as well as my language at some points......though I never really speak.

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                          I should just give you my car for a week to clean up all the stuff I've been too damn lazy to get to.
                          It would be a nice change of pace. My dads new to him Envoy got me in the mood to do stuff because that car is new to us. Something about working on things you havent worked on for years in a row....

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                          cool vids dave! i wish i could find cool places to go for a cruise. here is nothing but hills and traffic lights. i was wondering, how do you mount your camera to be so steady?
                          Thanks Julian.

I mount my camera like this:

on a custom made camera mount complete with padding and the material matches my headliner:

~David~

Comment

oh cool, im gonna see if i can fab up somthing for my cam. thanks for the pic. now, i just wish it did not take 2 hours to upload to youtube lol.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

What can I say Dave - GREAT work as always!! Now you've got us spoiled.....Bobby

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

I just watched your vids. The car sounds as good as it looks. Gonna be a heartbreaker when you get that crate engine in there. What are you running for muffs? Whatever you got seems to do a decent job of keeping the car somewhat quiet.

Packman

Comment

Working...
                                X