No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice stuff. So is that mount set up so the padded part grabs under the dash pad and the camera grabs the top? or am I missing something?

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
      I just watched your vids. The car sounds as good as it looks. Gonna be a heartbreaker when you get that crate engine in there. What are you running for muffs? Whatever you got seems to do a decent job of keeping the car somewhat quiet.

Packman
      Thank you Jacob. For mufflers I have magnaflows....specs you can find by clicking the brown blob in my signature.

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
      nice stuff. So is that mount set up so the padded part grabs under the dash pad and the camera grabs the top? or am I missing something?
      Camera screws onto the exposed bolt. I have a dash carpet so the fake sued on carpet actions holds everything.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

It sounds like it's running pretty strong. Pulling a nice solid 25psi of oil pressure at hot idle... very good for an old lopo. You better bring this car to Scottfest. Otherwise I'll be very upset with you again.

Comment

Thanks John. I feel it is running the best it ever has. We upped the timing 2 more degrees...now at 14. No pinging at all on 87 gas. May try squeezing some more timing out of it and see how it feels.
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
            Thanks John. I feel it is running the best it ever has. We upped the timing 2 more degrees...now at 14. No pinging at all on 87 gas. May try squeezing some more timing out of it and see how it feels.
            Some engines can take the timing advance, others can't. Also, where's your oil fill cap? It is missing in your pictures...

Comment

Its been replaced with a lighweight 710 cap, which allows for higher oil pressure and advanced timing. The stock Ford piece retains excessive combustulation which as you know causes low oil pressure and detonation concerns.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I removed it for the little clamp on wire separator mach up.
                ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                  Its been replaced with a lighweight 710 cap, which allows for higher oil pressure and advanced timing. The stock Ford piece retains excessive combustulation which as you know causes low oil pressure and detonation concerns.
                  Yeah, that "combustulation" is a real MOFO! Think I found the 701 caps next to the "muffler bearings"!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Sea turtles people................sea turtles.

Packman

Comment

Installed:

~David~

Comment

did you tweak that oil fill tube? They normally sit more vertical than that so it hits the upper intake.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Sure did. Snapped it off and jbwelded it crooked like that. If I were to do it again I would have had it welded at work.
                          ~David~

Comment

Slowly picking away at things. Today I removed the old center console and all of its associated wiring and replaced it with a simple tan console.

Before:

After:

The black console will be going up for sale. It housed an indicator light that came on with key and ignition, a blue 3" light tube that turned on with two blue leds while the doors open for courtsey lights. The switch on the side turned on three green leds that light up the console for nighttime viewing. There is a wire at the end of the harness that is another output of that switch so you can activate others things as well. Also housed a 12V socket.

Next up for me is dropping the passengers side wheel well and removing the blower motor for paint.
                            ~David~

Comment

Supposedly you can pull it out without pulling the wheel well. However... lol I haven't been able to do it.

Comment

That one bottom bolt deters me from trying. The re-installation would just destroy the paint me thinks.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X